Sprint on Crown Princess

renata102

Just got off the phone with Sprint. I was told that I can use my Sprint phone on the ship, but will be charged an international fee between 1.99 to 2.99 a minute. Also Bermuda is considered international and would be charged the 99 cents a minute. However, all US territories (like Grand Turks, St. Thomas and PR) is covered under your regular plan and minutes. You can also add an international plan that takes several weeks to go into effect, at 4 dollars a month and international calls would only be 19 cents a minute.

I know there has been some discussion about cell phones and the plans. So i looked into it for my situation. I have two small children 1 years old and 5 years old. I want to check in on them daily and speak to them daily. I am gonna miss them :(:(

Just got off the phone with Sprint. I was told that I can use my Sprint phone on the ship, but will be charged an international fee between 1.99 to 2.99 a minute. Also Bermuda is considered international and would be charged the 99 cents a minute. However, all US territories (like Grand Turks, St. Thomas and PR) is covered under your regular plan and minutes. You can also add an international plan that takes several weeks to go into effect, at 4 dollars a month and international calls would only be 19 cents a minute.

I know there has been some discussion about cell phones and the plans. So i looked into it for my situation. I have two small children 1 years old and 5 years old. I want to check in on them daily and speak to them daily. I am gonna miss them :(:(

There won't be any extra charges for St. Thomas and PR, but Grand Turks is not part of the US. Bermuda will be extra charges, but your phone will work beautifully there. You can get the exact rates right on their website.

Recheck that international calling plan, according the information that I got today in the mail for it, it's for calling from your cell phone to the countries. This is not the same as calling from the countries to the US.

I did state Grand Turk Islands and that is what he told me. I will call back and ask another rep. I did specifically say I will be in those countries and want to call out of those countries. Oh well, to clarify I will call back again.

Archived