Irons in rooms?

Los_Lobos

No cruise ship allows irons in the room (fire hazard). I don't know about your specific ship, I'm sure someone will answer, but some ships have a laundry area where they have free use of irons. And of course there's always the ship's laundry service. ;)

Sorry for this question, I am sure it has been posted here but I can not get my search forum to work, we are sailing POAl next week and were wondering if there are irons in the rooms? Thanks

I know on RCL they do not supply irons in the cabins. Irons are a touchy subject; my girlfriend had hers confiscated last year but yet her friend did not. It is considered a fire hazard. I dont even consider taking more than my hair iron though. They do offer very affordable laundry service, dry cleaning and pressing service.

Happy Sailings,

CruiseDivaNJ

Only Dawn, Jewel, Pride of Hawaii, Pearl, and Gem have laundrymats with irons. Pride of America, Star, Sun, Pride of Aloha, Spirit, Crown, Dream, and Majesty do not have self serve laundrymats.

All ships have a laundry service. Irons are considered fire hazards by the cruise industry.

I suggest bringing a travel steamer. Or steam up the bathroom and hang your clothes on the clothes line by the shower. When it dries, wrinkles will be gone. Or bring a bottle of Downys Wrinkle Release.

Only Dawn, Jewel, Pride of Hawaii, Pearl, and Gem have laundrymats with irons. Pride of America, Star, Sun, Pride of Aloha, Spirit, Crown, Dream, and Majesty do not have self serve laundrymats.

All ships have a laundry service. Irons are considered fire hazards by the cruise industry.

I suggest bringing a travel steamer. Or steam up the bathroom and hang your clothes on the clothes line by the shower. When it dries, wrinkles will be gone. Or bring a bottle of Downys Wrinkle Release.

THANKS for posting that valuable info!

We sail RCL- Do all cruise lines allow travel steamers?!

Happy Sailings,

CruiseDivaNJ

No cruise ship allows irons in the room (fire hazard). I don't know about your specific ship, I'm sure someone will answer, but some ships have a laundry area where they have free use of irons. And of course there's always the ship's laundry service. ;)

Please check you facts, there is no written evidence provided by NCL to support your comments. To me cigarettes,cigars,matches and lighters used in cabins are much more of a fire hazard than a small travel iron which will be automatically switched off if left on for too long.

:( :(

Just where are you getting this information?

I would think an open flame (match, lighter) would be a greater hazard than an iron.

Let's ban irons, and leave lighters and matches and smoking in the rooms - makes perfect sense.

Come on folks - when was the last time a match lit itself? or someone left their lighter, BURNING, on a shelf, while they went ashore?

Can we just get out from under our anti-smoking rage for a minute?

On the other hand, an iron left on, inadvertently, is a REAL hazard.

And ask anyone who has ever worked on any kind of ship, what the number one hazard at sea is, and they will tell you: FIRE.

The reason there is "no written evidence" of this is: it is a no-brainer. And I am sure if you called them and asked them, they would tell you it comes under the general heading "goods of a dangerous nature"

Come on folks - when was the last time a match lit itself? or someone left their lighter, BURNING, on a shelf, while they went ashore?

Can we just get out from under our anti-smoking rage for a minute?

On the other hand, an iron left on, inadvertently, is a REAL hazard.

And ask anyone who has ever worked on any kind of ship, what the number one hazard at sea is, and they will tell you: FIRE.

The reason there is "no written evidence" of this is: it is a no-brainer. And I am sure if you called them and asked them, they would tell you it comes under the general heading "goods of a dangerous nature"

Last I checked all irons had automatic shut off switches if they are left unattended for a period of time.

So, if FIRE is such a concern, why allow smoking in the cabins then?

Last I checked all irons had automatic shut off switches if they are left unattended for a period of time.

So, if FIRE is such a concern, why allow smoking in the cabins then?

Look, Jer, you want to rant about smoking, fine. I am not sure how many ships you own. I just have one little boat myself. But I feel confident BOTH policies, smoking and electrical appliances with heating elements, are the result of decades of experience on thousands of ships.

All the other cruise lines have a do not bring list, NCL used to before the new website. Irons were on all the do not bring lists.

For less than $10 anyone can buy a travel steamer. If you can afford thousands of dollars for a cruise, buy a new gown for formal night, and new shoes, surely you can afford a travel steamer or a can of Downys Wrinkle Release.

Please don't turn this thread into another smoking thread.

Actually, I purchased a travel steamer for the specific purpose of having it on the cruise. It didn't work worth a darn, and others have reported the same results. I returned it.

Haven't tried Downy's Wrinkle Release - or seen it on store shelves for that matter, but will keep an eye open for it. Does it actually work?

Ann

Archived