Mini-suite to regular suite upgrade

tazmanaf

If you go to page 2 (after searching for 'upgrade'). The same topic is there with 14 responses.

My apologies for clogging up the board. I could have sworn that I looked throughout the Princess board and didn't see that thread. I always check before I start a new one. Thanks for the info and I checked that thread out.

Such an upgrade is rare, particularly when the ship and itinerary are popular and most cabins booked early. It does happen but I wouldn't even hope for such an upgrade; I probably have a better chance of winning the lottery.

To my way of thinking you have moe chance of seeing "flying Pigs" LOL

Now but because I have booked a premium economy seat from Air NZ for our flight up to LA in September what do you think the chance of me getting an upgrade to Business Class" might be :D

Now but because I have booked a premium economy seat from Air NZ for our flight up to LA in September what do you think the chance of me getting an upgrade to Business Class" might be :D

It's much more difficult to get airline upgrades these days. I worked in the industry in the good ol' days, and back then the individual agent had much more autonomy in making those sorts of decisions. Nowadays everything is so controlled, and corporate looks over the shoulders of those on the front lines, that customer service related upgrades are few and far between.

We have been up-graded from a mini-suite to a full suite 2 times now.

We were very excited and could not believe this happened to us. All I can say is be very careful where you suite is located. On the Crown Princess, the suites are right below the pizza and ice cream place. Very noisy.

We were upgraded just once from a mini to a regular suite back in 2004 and that was our 6th Princess cruise. Since then have had no upgrades and frankly do not expect them because they are such a rarity and if we did get one it would be a nice surprise.

Marilyn

What is the likelihood of an upgrade from a balcony to a mini-suite? Do I have a chance?? Please say yes :)

Thanks!

There is always the chance but just do not count on it and if it does happen then it is a very nice surprise.

marilyn

What is the likelihood of an upgrade from a balcony to a mini-suite? Do I have a chance?? Please say yes :)

Thanks!

Probably about the same chance as from a mini to a full suite. We were upgraded from a balcony to a mini once, lots of years ago. This was before they started their Platinum/Elite classifications. We usually buy a mini, or at least a balcony, so why should they bother giving us the upgrade. :) Especially with long cruises, you need to book what you'll be comfortable with for all those days.

Pia

LOL, that's a good one too!! In fact, I wouldn't mind that kind of upgrade either. I'm flying on Air NZ in August in Premium Economy from LA to Melbourne for a three week stay down under.

They will fill up the cabins that aren't selling to free up cabins they can sell. if no one springs the $4000 for the suite, and there is a wait list for minis, someone will probably get bumped up so they can re-sell that mini cabin.

We have been in AA/AB minis on our 4 cruises and no upgrade to a suite (we did get upgraded from an AD to an AB mini). We are booked in an AA mini on our next cruise a year from now - but all the suites are wait listed already so no one is going to get bumped up to them this time either. I also noticed all the minis are wait listed (except the AD) so there probably won't be any balcony upgrades to a min either.

It depends on the cruise - if you get close to departure and you see a lot of higher category cabins still available - it's time to pray to the Upgrade Faerie :-)

We were upgraded from a BB balcony to a full suite on the Sky Princess for our Aus/NZ cruise.

We were also upgraded from a BB balcony to a mini-suite on the Royal Princess Buenos Aires to Manaus.

We always book a specific cabin, never a guarantee.

The upgrades have spoiled us...my DH now insists on booking a mini suite at the minimum..he won't even go back to a balcony!

LOL, that's a good one too!! In fact, I wouldn't mind that kind of upgrade either. I'm flying on Air NZ in August in Premium Economy from LA to Melbourne for a three week stay down under.

Do you realise that you will be flying down to Auckland and then on to Melbourne, there are no Air NZ direct flights to Melbourne. So prepare yourself for a longish flight. However, Air NZ are a very nice airline, I am sure you will enjoy, I think also you will find that only the LA to Auck leg will be premium economy, it will be economy AK to Melb. but thats only about a 3 hour flight.

Same for us we are premium economy AK to LA and then economy LA to DC. and thats like a 5 1/2 hour flight :eek:

I hope you have a wonderful time down-under :D and lets both cross our fingers for the up-grade fairy, put I ain't holding my breath!

Do you realise that you will be flying down to Auckland and then on to Melbourne, there are no Air NZ direct flights to Melbourne. So prepare yourself for a longish flight. However, Air NZ are a very nice airline, I am sure you will enjoy, I think also you will find that only the LA to Auck leg will be premium economy, it will be economy AK to Melb. but thats only about a 3 hour flight.

Same for us we are premium economy AK to LA and then economy LA to DC. and thats like a 5 1/2 hour flight :eek:

I hope you have a wonderful time down-under :D and lets both cross our fingers for the up-grade fairy, put I ain't holding my breath!

Hi again! :) Yeah, I know we'll have a layover in Auckland. Just hoping that I can get out of the airport, even if just for a few to actually step on NZ soil. I think we have a 4 hour layover there. For our flights, we're premium economy for all legs.

We're still batting the idea around of going up from an AD assigned cabin to an AA GAUR just to see what happens.

Your DH is a smart man. Mini-suites are so much better because of the sitting area and the larger bathroom on most ships. How else can you enjoy morning coffee and happy hour before dinner without a sitting area?

Not all mini suites are created equal. Those that have two TV's and a separate sitting area are preferable. The larger bathroom is wonderful, since it has a tub and that gives you much extra space in there. Not all people however like to get into the bathtub for their shower, even though they're not dealing with the teeny weeny floor shower.

Pia

Archived