What's up with the Mercury Itinerary???

Chat Noir

Well, surely the cruiseline would be the most up-to-date, I should think???

Sitka or Skagway?

Just booked a RT on the Celebrity Mercury (May 18) using an online travel agency after several days of 'bargain hunting'. ALL agency websites, and the agent I booked with states Skagway. However, Celebrity website and the rep there I just spoke with has Sitka instead, on the itinerary. Port times are also showing different for other ports...

Kinda hard to plan independent excursions not knowing for sure. Now I'm in a quandry about what to do. What do ya''ll think? Give it a few days and see what Celebrity still has on the website???

Been to Skagway, not to Sitka, but I'll be happy either way! :)

Wow... I just went to look through cruiselines excursions, and THAT part of Celebrity has Skagway. Called a rep AGAIN, and he stated Skagway. Said he'd have IT update the main page itinerary from Sitka to Skagway.

Guess we'll just plan on a Mystery Cruise!!!;)

Sitka, Raptor Center and enjoying the town. Skagway, ferry to Haines. There! no need to book something beforehand so Celebrity can play their little 'we don't know what we're doing' game and I won't even care!:)

One tiny problem... all the other days are mixed up too! Forget planning ahead for this trip; we'll just enjoy what the day offers whenever we get wherever they take us...

You have the perfect attitude. But it is too bad you won't be able to book excursion in advance.

A work around might be to check the website that shows which days the ships will be in port and see if you can locate the Merc in them between the 18th and then end of the cruise.

-Monte

I don't think Celebrity does too good a job of planning, maybe on purpose so you can't plan your independent excursions.

For my New England/Canada cruise in Sept '06, they changed the itinerary 3 times from the time I booked (1 year) until departure. Then when we boarded the ship in Bayonne, there were little 3x5 cards laying around with yet again another itinerary change. I'm on the cell phone calling Avis to change my car rental in Saint Johns. And by arriving at all the ports a day later, we had rain whereas the day before had been sunny (according to the locals).

You have the right attitude to just roll with punches. Have a great cruise!

Potentially the confusion is that for the 2007 season Mercury will be cruising to Skagway but in 2008 they switch it out for Sitka.

I just checked on the cruise calendar for our 6/22/07 cruise and it is has remained the same showing Skagway.

Hope that helps!

Well, surely the cruiseline would be the most up-to-date, I should think???

Sitka or Skagway?

Just booked a RT on the Celebrity Mercury (May 18) using an online travel agency after several days of 'bargain hunting'. ALL agency websites, and the agent I booked with states Skagway. However, Celebrity website and the rep there I just spoke with has Sitka instead, on the itinerary. Port times are also showing different for other ports...

Kinda hard to plan independent excursions not knowing for sure. Now I'm in a quandry about what to do. What do ya''ll think? Give it a few days and see what Celebrity still has on the website???

Been to Skagway, not to Sitka, but I'll be happy either way! :)

What does it show on the Cruise Lines of Alaska schedule?

http://www.claalaska.com/schedules.html

Thank ya all for the input! Checking the linked CruiseshipSchedule will be a tremendous help! Looks like the agency pages are correct and the cruiseline main page for this cruise is wrong after a quick glance there.:)

I still think we'll play safe and only book excursions upon arrival. I was looking forward to pre-booking a charter to Tracy Arm for the Juneau day... but maybe we'll just wing it there, also.

As for waiting... I've just had so much fun watching prices and looking for sales, and wondering which cruise we'd actually end up on. A far cry from the previous ones booked way in advance! Mercury probably wasn't my first choice, nor the itinerary, but we've yet to see Hubbard, and that plus 'post final payment' sale made the decision. Yep, we're gonna be inside, belly of the ship, no choice of cabins... but I'm still excited. :)

You're right Nancy! I hadn't even considered we booked exactly one month out!;) Less than a month now, we need to get packing!

Thank ya all for the input! Checking the linked CruiseshipSchedule will be a tremendous help! Looks like the agency pages are correct and the cruiseline main page for this cruise is wrong after a quick glance there.:)

I still think we'll play safe and only book excursions upon arrival. I was looking forward to pre-booking a charter to Tracy Arm for the Juneau day... but maybe we'll just wing it there, also.

As for waiting... I've just had so much fun watching prices and looking for sales, and wondering which cruise we'd actually end up on. A far cry from the previous ones booked way in advance! Mercury probably wasn't my first choice, nor the itinerary, but we've yet to see Hubbard, and that plus 'post final payment' sale made the decision. Yep, we're gonna be inside, belly of the ship, no choice of cabins... but I'm still excited. :)

You're right Nancy! I hadn't even considered we booked exactly one month out!;) Less than a month now, we need to get packing!

Sym1966, you might call or email the independent's excursion you're interested in. It seems like they know the ship's schedule better than anyone else and adjust their schedules accordingly.

Just an idea so you don't miss out on any excursion you really want!

Have a great cruise and we'll be eager to hear how everything went once you get back!:D

Archived