Does Caribbean Princess have coffee Makers in the room

Shawns6t6gto

..................Carrier has the right to prohibit items from being brought on board that may pose a safety hazard. These include but are not limited to utensils, tools and certain types of sporting equipment that may be used as a weapon, firearms, flammable substances (except for limited quantities of personal care toiletries), explosives, irons, heating devices, candles, certain types of recreational wheeled transportation devices or any other item that Security personnel may identify as a potential threat to safety.

A coffee maker is a "heating device".

I was on the CB the first week of April this year ... I'm a coffee lover and just so you know, the coffee at the buffet is just so-so. The coffee at the coffee bar -- not a latte or a mocha -- just regular coffee -- was also just so-so (which irritated me because she charged me $2 to fill up my thermos*--I don't mind paying for it as long as it's good). But, the coffee delivered by room service and the coffee served in the dining rooms -- YUMMO! Bite the bullet, order room service coffee every morning (mark it on your breakfast room service card and hang it outside on your door knob every night) and give whoever brings it to you in the morning a buck. IT IS SO WORTH IT! *I brought my travel thermos with me, so I could take the yummy coffee with me ashore or to the buffet breakfast or to the pool -- you get the picture! :)

I know this does not apply to cruising because of the safety hazards, but my family goes to Vegas a couple of times a year, and my first chore upon arrival is to walk to Walgreens and buy a cheap coffee maker and fixin's because the rooms at the Mirage do not have coffee makers. The line at the coffee stand is always a mile long.

We always joke that that Walgreens probably sells more coffee makers than anyplace else in America, and that there is a room in the basement of the Mirage with pallets of used coffee machines.

NO PRINCESS ship has one but I have one on every PRINCESS cruise I've been on......my own (with an auto-shut off).

My 5 cup Black & Decker works just fine and you should taste the Starbucks coffee that pours out of it.

CIAO,

I've never seen a coffee maker in any cruise ship cabin, on any line, and don't ever expect to.

I'll bet someone has.

Me :) ! Me :) ! We had a coffee maker, coffee packets, sugar and cream on our NCL Sun cruise :D (balcony cabin).

If you don't like the coffee on board, the only solution is to bring your own. Get yourself a French Press traveling coffee mug...no heating element involved. Order a pot of hot water from room service. Add coffee and water to French press...and voila, fabulous coffee in your cabin or anywhere else on board you want it. :D

We got ours from REI...under $20.

I've never seen a coffee maker in any cruise ship cabin, on any line, and don't ever expect to.

Don't know if every cabin has coffee makers but the mini suites on the Norwegian Star definitely do! Coffee, sugar, cream and mugs are provided and replenished every day.

I have read on these Princess boards that people do bring their own and have never had any problems with having a coffeemaker in their cabin.

Missasauga my wife is a Tim Hortons junkie, Looks like I will be buying a coffe pot in Ft Laudedale and bringing 2 lbs of Tims for a 14 day cruise.

Shawn

Just like back home! LOL.:D Just make sure you bring your 2 lbs from home ( Canada or NY ) as I don't think they have Tim Hortons in FLL yet.

Enjoy your cruise!

On the Diamond we brought on of those small 4 cup drip machines and made our own in the morning. We commented about it to our waiter as the dining room coffee was equally bad and he said he wished he had one. Gave it to him in lieu of an extra tip with left over coffee and didn't have to lug it around New Zealand. Going on Princess again in Dec. and hope they really brew the coffee this time or I'll buy another pot.

P&O (UK) ships have coffee/tea makers in the cabins, and I'm told that when Sea Princess returned to the Princess fleet after having been with P&O (UK) for a bit, some of the cabins had coffee/tea makers in them.

Archived