Port Everglades Rental Car

Has anyone used a rental car from Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale recently? My family is cruising in May and if possible, I would like to rent a car from the Saturday we return from the cruise to the following Monday. I would prefer if the rental facility could provide a shuttle to pick us and then take us to the airport rental location because that is where we would be returning the vehicle on Monday. Does anyone know which, if any rental companies do this? So far, I have called Enterprise and Sunshine airport locations and they do not provide a shuttle. Enterprise said something about having a Port Everglades location, but the guy didn't know too much because he said that he was new. Any information would be helpful...:confused:

From what I can remember some of the car rental shuttle just run around the airport. After 9/11 if you are not going on a cruise it is rather hard getting into the Port so I wish I could answer this for you.. But will check it out.

I know of a car rental place right outside of the port, but not sure again if they do the shuttle

If it is after your cruise the best would probably be to take a cab from the port to the airport rental. It is a big facility within the airport. That way you could just return the car there and then catch your flight. They have a whole building for rentals, so many to choose from. We used Dollar and was very pleased.

We just rented in Miami and dropped off in Fort Lauderdale. All the major car rental companies are in one central location at the Fort Lauderdale airport.

A free shuttle bus runs from the airport, to the port, and back. We walked off our ship, found the rental car shuttle pick up point, waited 15 minutes and a shuttle bus stopped right in front of the ship and drove us to the rental car location at the airport.

Port Everglades has to be one of the most convenient ports in the world with fast access to the airport. The airport is less than five miles away and a 10 minute shuttle ride. You fly right over the port when you depart to the east or land to the west.

I hope this helps.

Dr. Evil :)

2 options here, basically:

1) Rent with Thrifty or Budget's near-the-port locations. We've used the Budget location in the Quay shopping center on 17th street and loved it. Very close - a couple of blocks, max, then drop off at the airport.

2) Take the rental car center shuttle back to the airport and rent there. It's a brightly-colored bus (can't mistake it), and it will take you to the FLL Airport's "consolidated rental car center."

The rental car area at the Ft. Lauderdale airport is the most user friendly I have ever encountered. Can't say many positive things about the airport facilities (lack of restaurants, etc.), but they've got renting cars down to a science there! :)

2 options here, basically:

1) Rent with Thrifty or Budget's near-the-port locations. We've used the Budget location in the Quay shopping center on 17th street and loved it. Very close - a couple of blocks, max, then drop off at the airport.

we reserved a car from Budget in Brandon Fl (near tampa) and will be driving to Quay shopping center to drop it off. "DO THEY HAVE A SHUTTLE TO DROP US OFF AT THE PORT?" and "IS THIS PLACE EASY TO FIND?" After the cruise we planned on taking a cab back to budget at Quay shopping center to get a car to go back to Brandon. "DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THE CAB RIDE WILL BE FROM THE PORT TO QUAY?" I know we could take a shuttle back to Budget but we prefer to just grab a cab and go. turns out it will be cheaper to rent a car there and back than to park our car at the port.

There is a free shuttle from the Budget location at the Quay shopping center to Port Everglades. The shopping center itself was very easy to find - it's on the same 17th street with all the big Port Everglades-area hotels, etc. However, Budget is tucked back in the shopping center, so you have to really look for it once you're in the parking lot.

I would guess the cab ride from the port to the Quay would be no more than $5-$6. It's literally only a few blocks, so I guess the fare would mainly depend on how long you are waiting in traffic getting out of the port.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. The rental car shuttle sounds like a good idea. Is this a shuttle for a specific rental car company, or is this "bright yellow" shuttle a generic shuttle? Is there a fee to ride this shuttle?

Archived