How annoying. Princess UK

woodmill100

:confused: I thought we were all set to book roundtrip from San Francisco to Alaksa in May 08 which I found on the Princess website. It is an 11 night cruise which we loved the sound of. I picked up a Princess UK brochure in my local TA yesterday to look some more only to note that the cruise is not listed.

I telephoned Princess UK to be told that although it is the same company this particular cruise is available to US customers only and that it can't be booked from the UK. I asked why and was told it is just the way it is and that Princess UK only do Seattle roundtrips or Vancouver to Anchorage :(

I can't tell you how disappointed I am. I think the only other liner to go from San Francisco is Celebrity and I don't fancy them much as they seem too unreliable.

Why not call some travel agents? Sounds like Princess UK gets their customer service reps from the same agency that provides their Santa Clarita staff...:rolleyes: It's possible that Princess UK only books cruises in the US where they also provide charter air service.

I might try a couple of american places but I think I read somewhere that there will be problems with postal addresses and exchange rates.

I can't believe that the US and the UK Princess offices can't do something. I feel a stern e-mail coming on.

I wanted to book a P&O cruise and got the same run around, I had to book via a UK travel agent. Some of the Australian cruises have to be booked through P&O as well. Make sure you get travel insurance to cover, as your local travel insurance may not cover the cruise, you will also have to book your own air.:confused:

We were booking our own airfare anyway as we plan to do Las Vegas and New York along with the cruise. I am glad it can be done so will start to e-mail a few agents.

Does anyone have an e-mail adress or a direct number for Princess in the US. They only show a written address and a 1-800 number which we can't use here in the UK.

We were booking our own airfare anyway as we plan to do Las Vegas and New York along with the cruise. I am glad it can be done so will start to e-mail a few agents.

Does anyone have an e-mail adress or a direct number for Princess in the US. They only show a written address and a 1-800 number which we can't use here in the UK.

Princess phone number

(661) 753-0000

Website to Try http://www.*****.com/index.cfm

(713) -974-2121

Can you not use one of the myriad online travel agents? I have to confess, I don't know how things work in this global internet economy of ours -- beyond the fact that I've bought things from UK sellers on eBay before. :o But I imagine you'd be able to book a cruise via an online travel agent? It's at least worth a try, right? Google "discount cruises," and you'll get loads of online agents -- and maybe you'll even get a better rate!

Good luck in your research -- I hope it works out such that you can take this cruise!

We have booked round trip from San Francisco for the end of May this year. We have used a US TA and booked our own flights. Yes, you will need to show a US postal address, but our TA uses his address and our UK address shows on the Personaliser

If you want any more information about this process I can send it to you if you want to provise your e-mail address.

Are you sure that cruise actually exists? When I looked at the Princess website I could not see any 2008 Alaska trips. Next time it did list May 2008 but the 11 day one is actually for Sept 2007. Third time I looked the only May 2008 cruise is a 4 day sampler. Not sure what the heck is going on.

We have booked round trip from San Francisco for the end of May this year. We have used a US TA and booked our own flights. Yes, you will need to show a US postal address, but our TA uses his address and our UK address shows on the Personaliser

If you want any more information about this process I can send it to you if you want to provise your e-mail address.

UK cruiser - yes please. very helpful. woodmill@btinternet.com

Are you sure that cruise actually exists? When I looked at the Princess website I could not see any 2008 Alaska trips. Next time it did list May 2008 but the 11 day one is actually for Sept 2007. Third time I looked the only May 2008 cruise is a 4 day sampler. Not sure what the heck is going on.

According to Princess, yes, the same cruise will be going in 08 but won't be for sale until June.

Woodmill - I have booked this cruise for July travelling from UK. As stated by other posters I have arranged my own flights and booked cruise only from exceptionally helpful online TA. If you still need help with this let me know and I will email you TA address.

Good luck

elliemay100

Hello Woodmill100

I am an English cruiser also. I have suceeded to book a Princess cruise through a TA in America but it is extremely difficult as Princess blocks Uk residents from booking in America, yes you do need an American address, but Princess has caught onto this and now I understand that they will only send the travel documents out to the American address and not to the TA, who before could have sent them direct to you. This was one of the reasons we change our cruise companies. Does Holland America not cruise to your choice of destinations ? It is vey easy to book through an American TA for HAL cruises and you could arrange your own flights, which we have done many times and it works out much cheaper. Also if you are lucky in getting your Princess cruise through a TA in America they do not credit your account with Mariners points. Good luck and I hope you find a nice cruise.

As tickets are now E Tickets and documentation is filled in on line there is no reason for the difficulty

Our info always gets sent to our USA address but if we are here near departure time we simply download the E Tickets , fill in our details online and get baggage labels when we get to the port

Archived