Carnival Website...

Metalleg

Hi everyone I read about te link through carnivals site for viewing boarding documents and wanted to check it out. I got onto the page and it says the page you are requesting is no longer available. So what that means I have no idea. We are leaving June 3 and I have not heard anything from I don't know they are mailing or emailing. I would like to know what they are doing if and when I should be looking for them since half of the time my mail ends up with a neighbors mail and it takes forever for me to get it back.

I still have not goten mine for my May 3rd sailing. Please don't worry. I have gone to the port with out our docs with no hassel. Booking number and ID is all you need.

We booked yesterday, with daughter the t.a., she gave me a booking number. Clicked on Fun Pass yesterday and entered all info which can be printed. This is our boarding document.

Bev

No, the Fun Pass is not your boarding document. You should actually receive (or be able to print out) your documents before your cruise -- unless you are too close to the sailing date to receive docs. The traditional docs you hear people talking about come in a little booklet. The Fun Pass allows you to enter required information into their system, so that Carnival doesn't have to do that for you when you arrive at the port. It speeds up your check in time.

No, the Fun Pass is not your boarding document. You should actually receive (or be able to print out) your documents before your cruise -- unless you are too close to the sailing date to receive docs. The traditional docs you hear people talking about come in a little booklet. The Fun Pass allows you to enter required information into their system, so that Carnival doesn't have to do that for you when you arrive at the port. It speeds up your check in time.

Thanks for the info. Our first time with Carnival. On previous HAL for instance, that was our boarding document. Assume t.a.daughter,who is joining us,and who has sailed Carnival before, will issue docs. Christmas cruise on Carnival should be fun!

Bev

There's been a rumor floating around for a long time that "eventually" there wouldn't be any hard copy documents, and that they would all be done "electronically". (like "E-tickets" when you fly). Maybe this is finally coming into play. How great would that be?!?

I guess it only makes sense. I mean we're already filling out the FUN PASS so why not just send us our docs electronically? CCL saves money, and we get our docs sooner:-)

I'm hoping this is what's taking place;

A

I received the "blue book" weeks ago for our 4-28 trip. I'll be sad if it comes to a "E-boarding pass" situation, But, I'll get over it just like I did with E-Tickets for the airlines. Another era gone by.....:rolleyes:

You can board with just the Funpass and your passport. I booked last minute and didn't need any other documents.

Hi everyone I read about te link through carnivals site for viewing boarding documents and wanted to check it out. I got onto the page and it says the page you are requesting is no longer available. So what that means I have no idea. We are leaving June 3 and I have not heard anything from I don't know they are mailing or emailing. I would like to know what they are doing if and when I should be looking for them since half of the time my mail ends up with a neighbors mail and it takes forever for me to get it back.

I'm leaving 6/3 as well .....Legend? I haven't received anything, but I called, twice, and actually got the same answer from 2 different people. Said I would get docs in the mail 4 - 6 weeks prior - guess that is their mailing time frame. Mail here in NM goes everywhere except to where it is supposed to, too!

Both did tell me that I didn't need the docs, just the 'fun pass' thing I filled out & printed online.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisemom2

You can board with just the Funpass and your passport. I booked last minute and didn't need any other documents.

Right, like I said "You should actually receive (or be able to print out) your documents before your cruise -- unless you are too close to the sailing date to receive docs."

Right, like I said "You should actually receive (or be able to print out) your documents before your cruise -- unless you are too close to the sailing date to receive docs."

Sorry. But I think you don't need your "documents" other than the funpass and passport for boarding no matter when you book.

Hi I just talked o a representative from carnival. I was told that all I need is the funpass you can print out online with a passport or birth certificate and photo id. They said the documents you get in the mail don't really mean much they are just to make people happy by sending out something like tickets. The rep did say they will be changing over to e-tickets soon but don't know when. So if this helps anyway out.

April

[quote name='Metalleg']Grandma, this is not the fun pass, it is a NEW link that says "View Boarding Documents Online"
But it is a link that says "No longer available"[/quote]

[COLOR=darkred][B]I was told boarding documents and fun pass is the same. Hmmmm.[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred][/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred][B]You're right - just went to My Reservation, then View Boarding Documents, and got the dreaded error message.[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred][/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred][B]However, it's still possible to view and edit our "Fun Pass".[/B][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=#8b0000][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#8b0000]Since we don't sail until Christmas, I'll store all the valuable info gained from these boards and check back in a few months.[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#8b0000][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#8b0000]Bev[/COLOR][/B]

Archived