Why doesn't Cunard answer emails?

Painter

I have email Cunard several times regarding a booked cruise.

This was to correct some wrong information listed in the "cruise personalizer"

This still lists the wrong name of my cruise.

However I have never received a reply.

Is this normal?

I sent it to the Australian email address.

I contacted my TA who said he would email them also.

One would think by answering emails it would be in their interests by showing their customers they care and are eager to help.

To ignore...seems a little rude.

Marleneann.

One would think by answering emails it would be in their interests by showing their customers they care and are eager to help.

Marleneann - you forget this is Cunard shore side that you're dealing with - they are not known for either their fast response times or the accuracy of the information they provide;)

Yes, I would definitely get them to change the info in the Voyage Personaliser if you feel it is wrong. Not sure about the ignoring of your email though. However, I can tell you that if you booked your trip through a TA then they'll likely tell you to get some of the info changed by having your TA contact them. They did this to me for such a simple thing as switching from being listed as twin beds to one double.

However, I also have had some better luck. After a long day at work not too long ago I got fed up that I still couldn't get myself onto the World Club web page to get my info and was frustrated to find that on the Voyage Personaliser my partner was listed as being "Silver" under the World Club Membership but there being no info for me. So I sent an email off to Cunard. It must have landed with the right person because it was all fixed by the next day and they actually emailed me back. My World Club info is now updated and my number is now attached to my new sailing.

But as Malcolm said - with the onshore admin side, its all a matter of luck with them. Fortunately, if you never sailed Cunard before, don't think that the lack of customer service from shore services is indicative of the company. Once on a ship the entire Cunard experience is different.

David

Yes, I would definitely get them to change the info in the Voyage Personaliser if you feel it is wrong. Not sure about the ignoring of your email though. However, I can tell you that if you booked your trip through a TA then they'll likely tell you to get some of the info changed by having your TA contact them. They did this to me for such a simple thing as switching from being listed as twin beds to one double.

However, I also have had some better luck. After a long day at work not too long ago I got fed up that I still couldn't get myself onto the World Club web page to get my info and was frustrated to find that on the Voyage Personaliser my partner was listed as being "Silver" under the World Club Membership but there being no info for me. So I sent an email off to Cunard. It must have landed with the right person because it was all fixed by the next day and they actually emailed me back. My World Club info is now updated and my number is now attached to my new sailing.

But as Malcolm said - with the onshore admin side, its all a matter of luck with them. Fortunately, if you never sailed Cunard before, don't think that the lack of customer service from shore services is indicative of the company. Once on a ship the entire Cunard experience is different.

David

Hi David,

Now that you mention it ...they have hubby and I in single beds.

We filled in the form and asked for the one bed.

The name of the cruise we booked was the "Connoisseur's Caribbean" They have us down for "Caribbean Adventure".

Not sure what is in store for us....maybe around the world cruise, with Fred sleeping with the Captain and me with the chef.*G*

Hi David,

The name of the cruise we booked was the "Connoisseur's Caribbean" They have us down for "Caribbean Adventure".

Not sure what is in store for us....maybe around the world cruise, with Fred sleeping with the Captain and me with the chef.*G*

Sorry... that wasn't very nice. The devil made me type it. *G*

Hi David,

And the problem with that is?

Shoot, with that arrangment, I wouldn't even care what gender!

You'd get all the latest about what's going on on the ship, plus the best food!

karie,

who should be working not typing, but now that 've opened CC, I see you've been a busy little bunch of beavers!

If I close now, I'll never be able to figure what I have or haven't read, as it will mark them all read!

And the problem with that is?

If I close now, I'll never be able to figure what I have or haven't read, as it will mark them all read!

have that problem myself right now - got bored at work this pm, so opened cc, read a post or two, replied to one - then had to work again, now have to work out, what i've read, what i haven't cos the last post link is just no good anymore :( - i think a visit to the cookies in in order to see if i can change 'last logged on date' -

but not tonight - too much to read:D

karen

ps have they changed the order of the smilies in the right hand box - i'm sure the frown was i nthe top row before ??? :D

ppps to keep on topic - the couple of times i have had to email I have had a reply, though can't remember now how quickly

i think a visit to the cookies in in order to see if i can change 'last logged on date'

Does that work? If it did it would be very useful:)

have they changed the order of the smilies in the right hand box - i'm sure the frown was i nthe top row before ??? :D

I thought that their order changed regularly (although I haven't ever bothered keeping a record of where they are). The frown is certainly in the top row now.

ppps to keep on topic

Why bother:D

Does that work? If it did it would be very useful:)

doesn't look like it - just looked for the cookie file & its date is 29/3/07 & if this info was in it, it should have today's date (having opened it, looks like its difficult to edit anyway - there is a last visited date, but its not in a readable format (its probably number of seconds since xxxx) - as a programmer I would have investigated further (ie write a program to experiment with the date) if it weren't for the file date thing and the fact that I realised, the 'last logged on date' is remembered across computers (ie home and work) so at the moment I suspect that information that is stored at the server:(

I thought that their order changed regularly (although I haven't ever bothered keeping a record of where they are). The frown is certainly in the top row now.

its back where i expected it now, so is stick out tongue - I dont usually take much notice, but the fact I did yesterday implies they dont move much:D

Why bother:D

because I could:D And I wouldn't like to upset the thread police for no reason :-)

Karen

Marleneann --

I just checked the Personaliser on the US site. It has us on the Caribbean Adventurer. We are on the same cruise as you, so I wouldn't fret over the name of the trip. I tried to check out the UK site, it also says Adventurer rather than connoisseur.

When you look at the names of the voyages on the website, you will see the Connoisseur's Caribbean listed. Same itinerary; same ship; not to worry. It is getting closer, isn't it?

Still, Cunard should get back in touch with you. As Davd said in an earlier post, the difference between shore-side personnel and ship's personnel is huge. If the bed thing is not right, just ask your TA to call Cunard and fix it.

- Judy

Marleneann --

I just checked the Personaliser on the US site. It has us on the Caribbean Adventurer. We are on the same cruise as you, so I wouldn't fret over the name of the trip. I tried to check out the UK site, it also says Adventurer rather than connoisseur.

When you look at the names of the voyages on the website, you will see the Connoisseur's Caribbean listed. Same itinerary; same ship; not to worry. It is getting closer, isn't it?

Still, Cunard should get back in touch with you. As Davd said in an earlier post, the difference between shore-side personnel and ship's personnel is huge. If the bed thing is not right, just ask your TA to call Cunard and fix it.

- Judy

OK Judy...where ever you are going on this cruise...I'll be with you.

Yes I did contact my T.A.

Now when I checked the Personaliser...we don't have any bed listed.

Does this mean we sleep on the floor.

Or do we share a bed with Steve and you?*G*

I am not really worried as I know it will all work out in the end. I am a little put out that I didn't receive a reply from Cunard.

Marleneann.

Now when I checked the Personaliser...we don't have any bed listed.

Does this mean we sleep on the floor.

Or do we share a bed with Steve and you?*G*

My, My. Marleneann you are having troubles. I have been listed as twin beds again on my upcoming cruise but I have to admit its easier to tell you cabin steward that you want one bed and they will magically move them as such while you are off eating in the dining room. I just remembered when Cunard told me before the last cruise that I had to get my travel agent to call I thought it was a stupid move considering the cruise was paid off and it would be a waste of the agent's time to make this kind of call only for that matter. However, I caught on from these boards that all you have to do is ask the cabin steward once onboard. Well it worked! So even though I am listed in twin beds again I am just going to have a word with the steward on day one and have the room magically transform while I eat dinner.

Oh and no offense to your captain comment. You gotta do what you gotta do.:D Ooops....I mean.....errr...........:o

As for the beds not being listed? Now that is odd. Two sleeping bags on the floor for those who have the nerve to call Cunard and make a change! Whatever you do, don't ask about food issues, who know what they'll substitute?

Oh and as for the name of the cruise? I have the same issue but I think the name on the personaliser is not an issue if the details are for the exact same cruise. The US website and brochures call my upcoming cruise Iberian Getaway II but the personaliser is calling it a Europe Sampler. I figure it its going where I want to go they can call it whatever they wish but you are right in noticing that those who look after our bookings don't have the brochure names in front of them. Someone in the booking department must have been bored one day and renamed all the cruises just for the fun of it.

David

have that problem myself right now - got bored at work this pm, so opened cc, read a post or two, replied to one - then had to work again, now have to work out, what i've read, what i haven't cos the last post link is just no good anymore :( - i think a visit to the cookies in in order to see if i can change 'last logged on date' -

karen

doesn't look like it - just looked for the cookie file & its date is 29/3/07 & if this info was in it, it should have today's date (having opened it, looks like its difficult to edit anyway - there is a last visited date, but its not in a readable format (its probably number of seconds since xxxx) - as a programmer I would have investigated further (ie write a program to experiment with the date) if it weren't for the file date thing and the fact that I realised, the 'last logged on date' is remembered across computers (ie home and work) so at the moment I suspect that information that is stored at the server:(

Karen

Well, I think it resets at a certain time. Sometime around 8 or 9PM or so EDT- Which would be pretty close to 0:00 Zulu (GMT) So it knows whether you have logged on since the last reset (It might reset a couple of times a day-maybe every six hours and marks threads as read if you have logged in in that six hours)

Marleneann --

I just checked the Personaliser on the US site. It has us on the Caribbean Adventurer.

Well, you've change from connoiseur to Adventurer;

So you've gone from one who already knows it all, to one who is excited to learn new things!

All-in-all, a fair exchange I think! I'd rather be waiting for what's round the bend than bored and trying to impress others with how much I already knew of what was coming! Hmm, Come to think of it, I DO sort of like showiung off to people how much I know about what's coming up becasue of being on Cruise Critics!

Next trip, BTW, I am taking business cards I will make up in advance- They will have my email address and the address of Cruise Critics. I had to write it down for so many people last time. Ten bucks for a pack of business card blanks and a few minutes with the computer and the printer, and voila!

I did it for our name tags last January. I simply used a business card format.

Karie

Tries to think of everything, but still likes to be surprised!

Is this normal?

I sent it to the Australian email address.

I contacted my TA who said he would email them also.

To ignore...seems a little rude.

Marleneann.

Can I just ask why you sent it to the Australian email address?? Are you booked through the Aus. office? from what I can gather, the voyage personaliser is not currently available for Australian passengers (something to do with different terms and conditions), and that they were working on getting it up and running sometime this year.

I have found that they are always prompt in responding to my emails.

Can I just ask why you sent it to the Australian email address?? Are you booked through the Aus. office? from what I can gather, the voyage personaliser is not currently available for Australian passengers (something to do with different terms and conditions), and that they were working on getting it up and running sometime this year.

I have found that they are always prompt in responding to my emails.

Yes my T.A. booked with the Australian office...who then forwards it on to the main office. I live in Australia.

This is then viewed on the Cunard Personaliser website as I have been given a booking number.

That works fine and I have filled in my personal details and Passport info.

I cannot change some of the info ...like cabin number,etc, and that is understandable.

I am only upset because Cunard (Australia) didn't answer my email when I asked about corrections to the personaliser.

I also emailed the office in USA asking about a Queen Victoria

cruise and never received a reply.

Well, you've change from connoiseur to Adventurer;

So you've gone from one who already knows it all, to one who is excited to learn new things!

All-in-all, a fair exchange I think! I'd rather be waiting for what's round the bend than bored and trying to impress others with how much I already knew of what was coming! Hmm, Come to think of it, I DO sort of like showiung off to people how much I know about what's coming up becasue of being on Cruise Critics!

Karie

Tries to think of everything, but still likes to be surprised!

Karie -- what did I do to make you consider me a "know it all?" I'm a little miffed, because I was just trying to help my future crusing friend from Australia. Hopefully I misinterpreted your comment.

--Judy

Karie -- what did I do to make you consider me a "know it all?" I'm a little miffed, because I was just trying to help my future crusing friend from Australia. Hopefully I misinterpreted your comment.

--Judy

Oh, Gosh, Judy!

Please shoot me!

I didn't mean that at all! I guess I did a lousy job of wording that.

By "Already knows it all"

You know, A connoiseur is an expert at something, right?

I think what made it turn sour was my continuing on in that vein. Maybe if I had just said the one sentence, and left it at that, it wouldn't have come out that way- I'm sorry. I really and truly did not mean it that way! Not at all!

I think I've been around here long enough that some people know I obviously sometimes say thing in really dumb ways, and don't realize how they come out sounding. In my mind, I knew what I meant, so I assume everyone else is inside my mind, knowing what I really intended to say.

Trust me, this was a strong childhood problem. I was often clueless as to my affect (or my words affect) on others. Poor social skills. My mantra growing up was "I didn't meanta..." And of course, my parents would always tell me that it doesn't matter what I meant, what matters is the effect I had. I guess this just proves that in 52 years, I haven't learned much

No, It was intended as a "look at the good side" - Well instead of a connoiseur, you are now an adventurer. So think of the excitement ahead of you.

Gee, Judy. Now I wish I was going to be onboard so I could buy you about six drinks. I feel so stupid! Please, please, except my apology- or if not, please know that not once in a million years do I think that you come across as a "know-it-all" This was miy mistake and has NOTHING whatsoever to do with my impression of you. Not at all.

If I grovel will you forgive me? Well, I'll tell you what, I'll get down on my knees and you can either forgive me or kick me up-side the head for being such an idiot!. Okay?

Karie,

who knows she can sometimes be a jerk.

--Judy

P.S. Not YOUR misinterpretation. MY poorly communicated idea. I really did do a lousy job with that- I sort of changed horses in mid-stream so it sounded more like a put-down than a positive spin on the change of the voyage name.

dumb, dumb, dumb! (That would be me!)

KLarie,

who is still sorry, and hopes you don't in any way think I would think that about you! I do not!~ You've always been nice.

Oh, Gosh, Judy!

Please shoot me!

I didn't mean that at all! I guess I did a lousy job of wording that.

By "Already knows it all"

You know, A connoiseur is an expert at something, right?

I think what made it turn sour was my continuing on in that vein. Maybe if I had just said the one sentence, and left it at that, it wouldn't have come out that way- I'm sorry. I really and truly did not mean it that way! Not at all!

I think I've been around here long enough that some people know I obviously sometimes say thing in really dumb ways, and don't realize how they come out sounding. In my mind, I knew what I meant, so I assume everyone else is inside my mind, knowing what I really intended to say.

Trust me, this was a strong childhood problem. I was often clueless as to my affect (or my words affect) on others. Poor social skills. My mantra growing up was "I didn't meanta..." And of course, my parents would always tell me that it doesn't matter what I meant, what matters is the effect I had. I guess this just proves that in 52 years, I haven't learned much

No, It was intended as a "look at the good side" - Well instead of a connoiseur, you are now an adventurer. So think of the excitement ahead of you.

Gee, Judy. Now I wish I was going to be onboard so I could buy you about six drinks. I feel so stupid! Please, please, except my apology- or if not, please know that not once in a million years do I think that you come across as a "know-it-all" This was miy mistake and has NOTHING whatsoever to do with my impression of you. Not at all.

If I grovel will you forgive me? Well, I'll tell you what, I'll get down on my knees and you can either forgive me or kick me up-side the head for being such an idiot!. Okay?

Karie,

who knows she can sometimes be a jerk.

Karie -- all is forgiven. I'm a little sensitive sometime. Please, get off your knees now:) And, you are NOT a jerk.

Judy --> wishes Karie could be onboard with us, but not to buy drinks for me, just for the opportunity of meeting her!

Karie -- all is forgiven. I'm a little sensitive sometime. Please, get off your knees now:) And, you are NOT a jerk.

Judy --> wishes Karie could be onboard with us, but not to buy drinks for me, just for the opportunity of meeting her!

I can't!

(Get off my knees)

I told you, I'm 52!

I can get down there. I just can't get back up! I'll need help!

OUCH! There go my knees! <G>

Well, heck, maybe I can send the crinks on ahead!

I wish I could meet all of y'all!

Hey! Isn't this your second Cunard this year? Or maybe that was last year.

Well, I can be a jerk some times. Sometimes (and my parents, teachers, and everyone else in the universe used to tell me) I just don't think

You know it would start out, me getting yelled at for something dumb I did. then I start to whine, "But I didn't think...." Then I'd get cut off with! "That's the trouble! You didn't think! You NEVER think!" So tell me. Does this sound like Leave it to Beaver here?

Did EVERYONE get that line from their parents? Or were they smart enough to learn not to start a sentence with "i didn't think....." (Like I didn't think you'd mind- I didn't think he would take it that way, etc!)

Ah, the burdens we carry into adulthood! And the things that will stick with you and make you feel like a child when you're ninety!

And you're not oversenstive Judy. It really did come out wrong.

Of course, it's really all your fault for no reading my mind, right? <G>

Anyway., I hope you enjoy your ADVENTURE! <G>

Karie,

who could use an adventure beyond getting a tooth pulled and having an implant put in its place tomorrow.

I can't!

(Get off my knees)

I told you, I'm 52!

I can get down there. I just can't get back up! I'll need help!

OUCH! There go my knees! <G>

Well, heck, maybe I can send the crinks on ahead!

I wish I could meet all of y'all!

Hey! Isn't this your second Cunard this year? Or maybe that was last year.

Well, I can be a jerk some times. Sometimes (and my parents, teachers, and everyone else in the universe used to tell me) I just don't think

You know it would start out, me getting yelled at for something dumb I did. then I start to whine, "But I didn't think...." Then I'd get cut off with! "That's the trouble! You didn't think! You NEVER think!" So tell me. Does this sound like Leave it to Beaver here?

Did EVERYONE get that line from their parents? Or were they smart enough to learn not to start a sentence with "i didn't think....." (Like I didn't think you'd mind- I didn't think he would take it that way, etc!)

Ah, the burdens we carry into adulthood! And the things that will stick with you and make you feel like a child when you're ninety!

And you're not oversenstive Judy. It really did come out wrong.

Of course, it's really all your fault for no reading my mind, right? <G>

Anyway., I hope you enjoy your ADVENTURE! <G>

Karie,

who could use an adventure beyond getting a tooth pulled and having an implant put in its place tomorrow.

We were on QM2 late last year -- just to try it out. We got such a deal that we couldn't not say no to a Princess Grill suite. I thought I would never give up our beloved RCCI and it's suites and the little perks that come along with. Oh, but Cunard got us and they got us good! Because of that inexpensive little foray into Cunard-land, we are absolutely spoiled for any other cruise line. Off we go again, in November. This time, no such a great price, but a 10-day out of NY. I, who swore on a stack of dramamine and newspapers that I would never be able to tolerate a cruise longer than 7 days. I get bored and antsy, but not so on the QM2. As my beloved grandmother would have said with a wink "I can take it!" We can drive to NY and I can take all of the luggage I want!

As for creeky 52 year old knees, I'm 54, but will have a birthday Friday. I can relate to those knees and teeth. But, Karie, you have way more intestinal fortitude than I. My dentist says I could never tolerate an implant. I had a tooth prepped for a crown last week and I took to my bed for two days after!

Actually, you and I are a lot alike. I have chronic foot-in-mouth. And I got the same speeches from my parents and teachers, too. Not thinking gets me in a lot of trouble.

Judy, totally sympathizing with Karie and her upcoming dental adventures!

Cunard got us and they got us good! Because of that inexpensive little foray into Cunard-land, we are absolutely spoiled for any other cruise line.

Boy, do I know just what you mean. I think it's like the drug dealer gives you a taste and gets you hooked! We pay much more than other cruiselines for sometimes smaller accomodations, but wouldn't have it any other way! The thought of skipping Cunard and going back to HAL (our next would be a medal trip) whom we love is just not even seriously considered!~

As for creeky 52 year old knees, I'm 54, but will have a birthday Friday. I can relate to those knees and teeth. But, Karie, you have way more intestinal fortitude than I. My dentist says I could never tolerate an implant. I had a tooth prepped for a crown last week and I took to my bed for two days after!

Well, happy birthday!

And right now, my intestines are complaining about the pain pills. Just had my all-time cure for the queasies- Spaghettios. I don't know why, but it works. Someone at work suggested it once, and a number of other people agreed! We argued whether it was the acidity, the tomatoes, or what, but we all agreed! I'd love to take to my bed, but I am on call this week!

Actually, you and I are a lot alike. I have chronic foot-in-mouth. And I got the same speeches from my parents and teachers, too. Not thinking gets me in a lot of trouble.

thank goodness I'm not the only one. My mother used to tell me I only open my mouth to change feet!

Judy, totally sympathizing with Karie and her upcoming dental adventures!

Thanks. I'll take the sympathy where I can get it! I can't hog all of the "feeling sorry for me" to myself! I'll share it! <G>

And again! Happy birthday!

Double nickel! (55)

Karie,

who doesn't know if she can tolerate this dental pain and everything any more as she gets older!

Is this normal?

Hi Painter

I realised that according to our cruise personaliser we had "non-converting twin beds" and were at a table for 6 (we wanted 4). I e-mailed Cunard 3 days ago and got an e-mail reply today which has changed us to a King bed and now a table for 4. Maybe you should send another e-mail.

Archived