Delta Sale!!!!!

ParrotHead79

Hey all.

I am sailing in January as you can see in my sig. Well, I've been looking for airfare, and have been seeing it at about $330.00'

Now, I check it everyday, just hoping for a sale. Today I was in luck. Delta is having a sale. My airfare went from 330.00 to 162.00!!! Of course I jumped on it. So I paid roughly 800 for all 4 of us, instead of over 1300!!!

I am so happy! Check their website, maybe they'll have a deal for you.

Wow, I was all excited because it looks like we would be flying about the same time as you ParrotHead, but alas, the price is the same as it has been. Maybe it was just good for yesterday...bummer...but thanks for the heads up!

i booked out air with delta about a month back at $396pp and now its $264pp. im kicking myself right now, i guess its not always good to book in advance:mad: too bad airlines aren't like cruises, you can call when you see a price drop and get the rest credited back to you! that would be nice..thanks for sharing the info :)

I booked Delta one-way a couple of weeks ago -- fare went up already $100 pp! But, it looks like the flight is now an hour earlier (which is great for us).

I got such a good rate when I booked (compared to what I thought I was going to have to pay) that I would still be happy it went down a few dollars. Really happy that I booked it when I did. Traveling on a holiday and it will only go up in the next 10 months.

I've gotten price adjustments in the form of future credit with Delta, if your rate dropped, it doesn't hurt to call them and ask them for a credit! Just do it quickly, before the rate goes up.

OP - congrats on a great airfare score!!!

I'm going to check Delta right now, for our October family cruise. We actually have two FF flights through US air, but their stupid blackout dates and "prime" miles dates just take over, and we can't make it work. Grrrrrrr.

We get low air from where we live, most round trip flights are around $160, always, and sales usually mean $98 RT on some airlines!

i booked out air with delta about a month back at $396pp and now its $264pp. im kicking myself right now, i guess its not always good to book in advance:mad: too bad airlines aren't like cruises, you can call when you see a price drop and get the rest credited back to you! that would be nice..thanks for sharing the info :)

Contact Delta if that cheaper fare is still available...they should give you a future credit good for 1 year ( I believe) from original ticket date...

Please remember that you will often have a change fee deducted from any fare adjustment you receive. Also, just because "a fare" was reduced on your routing, it doesn't mean that a fare which is available on your flights has been reduced.

AirTran had a 48 hour sale, which DL was matching. Which leads to the tip of the day...even if you have a preferred carrier, watch the competition -- often there will be unadvertised fare matching on your desired route. For example, AA put in some new n/s routes into Austin (with promo pricing), which NW matched. However the NW routing was through DTW, which made for a great mileage-run opportunity (the AA routing got you nothing special other than a new non-stop).

Archived