Sun Aft Mini Suites vs. Jewel Aft Mini suites

browniegirl

Hi everyone, we just booked an aft mini on the Sun, #0067 Deck 10 for next Jan 08 and were just recently on the Jewel in an aft mini on Deck 11, fabulous....... anybody know what the differences are, if any???

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Browniegirl:)

Actually the Mini Suites on the Sun are a lot more lush then the once on the Jewel. The Sun is a real Suite with luxury bathroom and the Balcony, especially the aft once are huge! Actually the Mini's on the Sun compare to the aft Penthouses on the Jewel class. Just no Butler!

Great choice!

Here are some photos of 0067. Judge for yourself! It is huge. We're booked in an aft mini-suite on Deck 11 on the Jewel for next February, and I think we'll be unfavorably comparing it to the one on the Sun.

Have fun in 0067. We loved it.

If you have any photos of your Jewel aft mini-suite, I'd love to see them. We're in 11656.

Here are some photos of 0067. Judge for yourself! It is huge. We're booked in an aft mini-suite on Deck 11 on the Jewel for next February, and I think we'll be unfavorably comparing it to the one on the Sun.

Have fun in 0067. We loved it.

If you have any photos of your Jewel aft mini-suite, I'd love to see them. We're in 11656.

Hi there, sounds fantastic, thanks for the replies!! I was looking at your cruises and it would appear we were on a cruise together!! We were on the pacific coastal cruise on board the Sun in April 2004 as well with our 4 kids!!!! We, unfortunately, didn't do our homework as it had been quite a while since we had both cruised and ended up in an inside cabin on the lower deck and the noise was horrid.... the cruise itself was awesome, fabulous 5 nights!!!! We are very excited to go on that ship again but this time in a MUCH BETTER cabin! I loved your photos and will see if I have any of the jewel aft mini we were just in, but I am doubting that I do, if anything, they will have our baby in them!!! We were in 11152 and my grandparents were in 11154 and my parents were around the corner in 11636 and our kids were across the hall in 11141, it was awesome! The jewel is so beautiful and the aft mini was really nice. The balcony was a pretty good size, nice sized chairs and we had very little noise above us, the only noise being in the early morning with people going up to the outdoor cafe to eat, but even that was minimal. All in all, a fabulous place to be on the Jewel. Nothing was more heavenly than sitting out on that balcony drinking coffee in the morning and having no wind, no noise, just pure heaven!!!!! I can't wait to do it again next year on the Sun, this time without kids!!!!!!!

Browniegirl

I was looking at your cruises and it would appear we were on a cruise together!! We were on the pacific coastal cruise on board the Sun in April 2004 as well with our 4 kids!!!! . . . the cruise itself was awesome, fabulous 5 nights!!!!
What a small world. That was our first NCL cruise, and it sold us on NCL.

. . . the only noise being in the early morning with people going up to the outdoor cafe to eat, but even that was minimal.
You'll probably have some of the same chair noises in 0067, but like you said, we felt it was a minimal intrusion. What I loved about that mini is the light. The entire balcony wall is windows, and there's so much light flooding the cabin. And the deck is plenty large, too. I really liked being close to the Great Outdoors Cafe and Las Ramblas (and all the other great food places).

All in all, a fabulous place to be on the Jewel. Nothing was more heavenly than sitting out on that balcony drinking coffee in the morning and having no wind, no noise, just pure heaven!!!!!
We're really looking forward to being back there again. We booked one of the aft BA cabins for our Star cruise to Mexico, but we got an upsell to the very front of the ship. We did hesitate a moment before we accepted it. ;) We're excited to return to the aft again.

What a small world. That was our first NCL cruise, and it sold us on NCL.

You'll probably have some of the same chair noises in 0067, but like you said, we felt it was a minimal intrusion. What I loved about that mini is the light. The entire balcony wall is windows, and there's so much light flooding the cabin. And the deck is plenty large, too. I really liked being close to the Great Outdoors Cafe and Las Ramblas (and all the other great food places).

We're really looking forward to being back there again. We booked one of the aft BA cabins for our Star cruise to Mexico, but we got an upsell to the very front of the ship. We did hesitate a moment before we accepted it. ;) We're excited to return to the aft again.

Hi, yes a small world indeed!! We were offered an upsell on the Jewel cruise but couldn't take it because my elderly grandparents were in the mini right beside us and didn't want us moving!! In the end, I am glad we didn't, I loved our cabin, however....if we were offered one on the Sun, we'd probably jump at it, if it's a good enough deal!

Browniegirl

Hi everyone, we just booked an aft mini on the Sun, #0067 Deck 10 for next Jan 08 and were just recently on the Jewel in an aft mini on Deck 11, fabulous....... anybody know what the differences are, if any???

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Browniegirl:)

You just upgraded - One the Sun the mini passengers are included in the VIP list - express check in and a far nicer cabin.

NCLSunMiniBalcony.JPG.e9a9ab3e340f55fc324284e57ed98470.JPG

Archived