NCL Bank of America Mastercard Question

defreeze

I have enough points for a $500 certificate off my next cruise.

In the "terms and conditions of booking", the discount agency that I booked with says that they do not accept "coupons that reduce the commissionable fare".

Does anyone know if these certificates reduce the agent's commissionable fare?

Or, are they treated just like cash when applied to the booking?

Thanks

Hi, I have used the certificates. When it arrives I call my agent, she lets me know to fax her a copy and then I send it in to NCL.(address on the certificate) When my final bill comes it show the amount of the certificate if off.

Hi, I have used the certificates. When it arrives I call my agent, she lets me know to fax her a copy and then I send it in to NCL.(address on the certificate) When my final bill comes it show the amount of the certificate if off.

Yep!

I just did exactly the same thing for our Oct. cruise. Sent copy to TA and mailed it directly to NCL. Make sure you always put "Attention Accounting Dept." on the envelope so as to direct it a little quicker.

;)

In our case we have been instructed in the past and currently to send the certificate to our TA, and they inturn send it to NCL. Be sure and make a copy of it and send it either to NCL or to your TA with a signature required. this verifies they have received your certificate.:)

Be sure and make a copy of it and send it either to NCL or to your TA with a signature required. this verifies they have received your certificate.

We've used the Compass certificates on many cruises with a variety of travel agents. We send them UPS Next Day in order to have a signature making someone liable for receiving them.

They have always been accepted at full face value, and have never reduced the agents commission.

Two or three of those certificates toward a cruise is a real score.

Just like cash as everyone here has said. We just cashed in $1500 for our Hawaii cruise............. just in time for the $500 upgrade promotion that is going on. Use a $500 certificate to book a cruise by April 30th and not only do you get the $500 off your cruise you also get a 1 cat upgrade (inside to inside- outside to outside etc... but still its a step up. We are using 3 so that means we are getting 3 cat upgrades

Also, possibly something new from my agent (a very good one I might add) mentioned that BofA and NCL changed how they handle the certificates. She told me that they would now bill you the full price and then credit your card the certificate amount. I said NO to this............. I’m not waiting on a credit from a cruise line. Never heard another thing about it.

On another note..... NCL has always been professional reguarding the redemption of the certificates. Im not sure who funds them... my guess is the credit card company.

FB

Ok so I too have used a certificate recently with no problems. But my question is the "rules/conditions" say you cannot earn more than 1000 per year. So...do you keep earning them but you can't redeem or does it just stop until a year goes by. I've earned my $1000 and need to see if I should keep shopping or move on to another card. Thanks for the advice!!

Ok so I too have used a certificate recently with no problems. But my question is the "rules/conditions" say you cannot earn more than 1000 per year. So...do you keep earning them but you can't redeem or does it just stop until a year goes by. I've earned my $1000 and need to see if I should keep shopping or move on to another card. Thanks for the advice!!

Stop using that card, and call BOA and open up another account. We have 3 NCL-BOA accounts because we use the cards for everything, so we rotate them through the year and don't go over the 250 points a month or 1000 points a year per card.

margaret is right, stop using the card and get BoA to issue you another.

I have 6. If you are worried about credit, have them split your credit between 2 cards. After all, you can only earn 250 pts/mo ($8,750) so you only need a maximum of that. Or even less if you do not intend to use that card solely through the month. If you pay your card on time they will continue to increase your credit limit and before long you have an ungodly amount of credit. Keep splitting it and receive multiple cards.

Of course, you must remember to use your credit wisely and pay off the balance each month in full to receive maximum benefit.

Enjoy!

AH I knew I could count on you!

I will stop using NOW. Yes I always pay the entire balance and use it for everything. Put part of 2 new cars on it so the $1000 went quickly.

I will get more cards NOW. It makes me feel good about the gas prices,grocery bill, electric etc.

Big thanks to you all.

Just like cash as everyone here has said. We just cashed in $1500 for our Hawaii cruise............. just in time for the $500 upgrade promotion that is going on. Use a $500 certificate to book a cruise by April 30th and not only do you get the $500 off your cruise you also get a 1 cat upgrade (inside to inside- outside to outside etc... but still its a step up. We are using 3 so that means we are getting 3 cat upgrades

Also, possibly something new from my agent (a very good one I might add) mentioned that BofA and NCL changed how they handle the certificates. She told me that they would now bill you the full price and then credit your card the certificate amount. I said NO to this............. I’m not waiting on a credit from a cruise line. Never heard another thing about it.

On another note..... NCL has always been professional reguarding the redemption of the certificates. Im not sure who funds them... my guess is the credit card company.

FB

We also received the card with this offer and plan on using $1500 toward a Bermuda cruise that was listed in July. Is there a special code that you need to mention to get the cabin upgrades?

FB

jssaadat,

our balance was due by a certain date. I had more certificates to redeem. They said pay it on your credit card and when you get enough points, NCL will issue a credit to the credit card they have on file....IF -- You booked through another agency, as I did, the Agency (Expedia) credited the card THEY had on file.

I followed up on them weekly to ensure my certs were applied. They were.

-- Lauren

margaret is right, stop using the card and get BoA to issue you another.

I have 6. If you are worried about credit, have them split your credit between 2 cards. After all, you can only earn 250 pts/mo ($8,750) so you only need a maximum of that. Or even less if you do not intend to use that card solely through the month. If you pay your card on time they will continue to increase your credit limit and before long you have an ungodly amount of credit. Keep splitting it and receive multiple cards.

Of course, you must remember to use your credit wisely and pay off the balance each month in full to receive maximum benefit.

Enjoy!

Can I apply online for a second credit card or do I need to call a "live" person?

Can I apply online for a second credit card or do I need to call a "live" person?

You can apply on line for a second card, if you are looking for a new line of credit. If you want to split the credit limit you have on your current card I would call.

I posted this earlier in the thread, but didn't get an answer so I thought I'd try again! We received the card with the promotion where you can combine the certificates with the cabin upgrades but now I can't find the card. Is there anything special I need to do (special code, book a certain way) to make sure that I can get both of these? I will probably be booking this later tonight or tomorrow with an online agency that I've dealt with in the past.

We also received the card with this offer and plan on using $1500 toward a Bermuda cruise that was listed in July. Is there a special code that you need to mention to get the cabin upgrades?

I Hill......

Book by April 30th Dawn Bermuda sailings 5/19-6/9 2007 Crown sailings 7/29-10-28 2007 Majesty sailings 4/29-5/27 and 7/15-9/30

No Code jsut ask NCL or agent about the $500 certificate promo.

FB :eek:

Can someone clarify this for me?

I booked a cruise for 3 people that cost a total of $2950.

I don't have my credit card reward certificates yet, so I charge the $750 initial deposit. Now my balance is $2200.

From what I understand, the lowest denomination for the certificates is $500. This means, for the final payment, I can only use $2000 in certificates and have to pay the remaining $200 in cash. This means I paid a total of $950.

However, I've actually accumulated $3000 in points. I'd like to use it all and not have to pay a cent! Can I send in $3000 in certificates and get my deposit credited back to my Visa?

*OR* Do I cancel my reservation and rebook when I can send in the entire $3000 in certificates at once?

Thanks!

I don't have my credit card reward certificates yet, so I charge the $750 initial deposit. Now my balance is $2200.

From what I understand, the lowest denomination for the certificates is $500. This means, for the final payment, I can only use $2000 in certificates and have to pay the remaining $200 in cash. This means I paid a total of $950.

However, I've actually accumulated $3000 in points. I'd like to use it all and not have to pay a cent! Can I send in $3000 in certificates and get my deposit credited back to my Visa?

*OR* Do I cancel my reservation and rebook when I can send in the entire $3000 in certificates at once?

Thanks!

yes they will credit the deposit back if you payment with certs is more than the balance.

Thanks!

Yes, you can get your deposit back. BUT - you might not be able to use the credit certificates toward the third person. I'm not sure what the criteria is exactly, but there are definite stipulations that they do not veer from. Call your TA or the credit card customer service to verify. If your cruise comes to 2950 and you use 6 - $500 certificates, you will lose the last $50. No credit. Good luck!

Archived