Balcony suggestions for the Valor??

Jeanne B

I'm getting ready to book our first Carnival cruise (part of a group booking) and I'm not at all familiar with Carnival so I'm looking for some suggestions on the best area of the ship to book our cabin as well as the best deck(s). I see there are 6 balcony stateroom categories plus the guarantee category and I don't know where to begin!! :eek: It looks like I have 5 decks to choose from and I'm trying to keep the price reasonable yet still get a balcony so I probably won't book the 9A category.

Thanks in advance for any input, it will be DH, DD14 and I on the 3/2/08 Valor cruise.;)

I would suggest booking a balcony guarentee, this assures you of getting at least a balcony for the lowest $$. You might even get a good upgrade. We booked a balcony guarentee for our upcoming cruise. You will love the Valor, our two teen daughters had a great time on the ship also.

I'm getting ready to book our first Carnival cruise (part of a group booking) and I'm not at all familiar with Carnival so I'm looking for some suggestions on the best area of the ship to book our cabin as well as the best deck(s). I see there are 6 balcony stateroom categories plus the guarantee category and I don't know where to begin!! :eek: It looks like I have 5 decks to choose from and I'm trying to keep the price reasonable yet still get a balcony so I probably won't book the 9A category.

Thanks in advance for any input, it will be DH, DD14 and I on the 3/2/08 Valor cruise.;)

If you just want a balcony, but don't really care where it is I would book an 8A guarantee. This will get you an unobstructed balcony cabin.

I'm kind of a control freak and like to pick our cabin so I know exactly where it will be but I think this time I'm to go with the guarantee. We already had vacation plans for 08 so this is an unplanned cruise and we'll save some $$ by going with the guarantee. I'll just hope for an upgrade!!

Thanks guys.;)

IMO, there's really no bad location, so we usually book GTY to save money. But if you do want a specific cabin, try to pick one on a deck that is between other decks with cabins, like Empress deck. They will have the least amount of noise. There is no advantage to being on a higher deck as opposed to a lower one. I would not pay extra just to be higher up. Also, you might want to consider an aft cabin. One of the benefits of these is that you usually have an island view and an ocean view when the ship is in port, regardless of which direction it is docked. We had one of these last year for the first time and loved it. And we will be in an aft cabin leaving tomorrow on the Valor.

We were on the Valor last May and what a beautiful ship. You will have a great time. We booked a guarentee 6A category and we were upgraded to 8A, it was great. We just came out of our cabin, walked down the hall and up the stairs to the pool!

Archived