Park and Sail plus breakfast in San Diego?

Dukeswalker

I'm looking for a crash pad for the night before our date of departure. It would be for New Year's Eve (Dec. 31st). We're looking for someplace on the inexpensive side ($150 or less) - we don't care - we just need a place to sleep, someplace that provides free parking and offers a continental breakfast. (a breakfast isn't necessary - but it sure would be nice!!)

Is this too much to ask for in the $150 and under range?

I'm looking for a crash pad for the night before our date of departure. It would be for New Year's Eve (Dec. 31st). We're looking for someplace on the inexpensive side ($150 or less) - we don't care - we just need a place to sleep, someplace that provides free parking and offers a continental breakfast. (a breakfast isn't necessary - but it sure would be nice!!)

Best Western Bay Side Inn is where we are booked for our Thanksgiving cruise 2007. I was able to get the room and 8 days of parking for $169.00. I thought that was a good price.

A quick search on Orbitz turned up these (and others, but these are the ones I'd research first)

Holiday Inn Downtown $148

Mission Valley Resort $139

Hampton Inn Downtown $129

La Quinta Old Town $119

Handlery Hotel Mission Valley $108

Comfort Inn Old Town $89

They're all within a few minutes drive of the cruise pier. I didn't check their parking or breakfast situations.

and since you are talking about New Year's Eve, don't expect the current prices to be what you will pay then. Most of the better hotels have a 2night minimum stay - some of the smaller motels listed above may not impose that, but reality is that they charge what the traffic will bear. So check carefully and specify your date clearly:)

and since you are talking about New Year's Eve, don't expect the current prices to be what you will pay then. Most of the better hotels have a 2night minimum stay - some of the smaller motels listed above may not impose that, but reality is that they charge what the traffic will bear. So check carefully and specify your date clearly:)

Those rates I put in my post above are specifically for a one night stay starting on 12/31/2007, checking out on 1/1/2008.

We ended up reserving two rooms at The Best Western Seven Seas at $99/night - including free parking & shuttle to/from the pier. It was by far the least expensive - but really, we just needed a place to sleep. I read a ton of reviews on the place and while the common complaint is that the rooms are SMALL - the general consession was that it was a clean (important), the grounds were very nice and it was a decent place to stay for the money. We'll see! :)

Dukeswalker: We have also stayed there. I usually don't recommend it because most folks want to be right near the pier. Seven Seas is a better choice for the $$. Our room was standard size? King size bed. Chair and desk, dresser then TV armoire, microwave and frig. We had 4 year old grandson also. Plenty of room for the three of us. The restaurant had very good food and the there is a bar on site. The only problem we incurred was, DH was still smoking at the time. Yeah, he has stopped smoking for 6 months now, anyway, the smoking rooms were up stairs. UGHHHH hauling all that luggage upstairs was a pain. They have the large mini-bus type shuttle to take you back and forth the the pier. Bayside just has mini-vans. Not a big deal but you don't have to wait as long for the shuttle. Reserve a time at the front desk when you check in.

S.S. - Good to hear...We're non-smokers (glad to hear DH stopped!) so the lugging up the stairs/elevator will be a non-issue. We really weren't too concerened with being by the pier, so really we just went for $$. Do you happen to know if in CA kids need to be in car seats in shuttles? Also - how long of a trip is it from the Seven Seas to the pier? Thanks again!

Dukeswalker: Not sure on carseat. We had grandson with us. He was 3 then and he is a little guy. We laugh he will probably get his learners permit in a carseat. But, we didn't take one and no one said anything. I just had him sit next to me.

Only about a 10 minute ride. A real crappy way for us to start our cruise. There were about 10 Marines on the shuttle with us. We dropped them at the airport first, they were deploying to Iraq. Even dropping them off, it still wasn't that long of a ride. I felt guilty with us going on a cruise and them heading to war. Great group of young men though. They seemed to have their spirits up.

S.S. - Ugh - that would be a tough way to start off a cruise. I would have felt the same as you - knowing where we were headed and where they were headed. Hope they all made it home ok....

Our youngest DD is a teeny thing too - she'll be 3.5yo at the time of the cruise...I guess I should check with the hotel. Thanks a gain for the reassuring words! :)

Archived