Question re favourable exchange rate..?

alli.j

We are due to go on the Connoiseurs Carribean in Oct 07 and as a UK resident and with the current favourable US$/UK pound exchange rate at the moment, does anyone know if we purchase our dollars/dollar travellers cheques now, can we, once on board ,"pay" them into our onboard account and use them up as we go along, rather than settling the account by credit card at the end of the cruise.

Of course, if I had a crystal ball and knew that the rate would go up to $3 to the pound this question would be a) irrelevant and b) I would already be a millionare!!

All thoughts gratefully received!!

From what I hear the situation is going to get even better!

Mention of £1=$2.10 was on the news the other day. O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

But, to answer your question, you can pay cash over the counter - at least you can on QE2 and I assume the accounting systems are the same.

Matthew

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! From this side of the pond.

Yes, the accounting systems are the same. Plan on posting a minimum of $500USD.

I am also thinking that those with cruise balances in USD may want to make interim payments before finals are due. I say this, because you just never know what the "Powers that be" on both sides of the pond may do.

We have paid cash for our on board expenses on two TA's with no problem. Info in my pre doc packet for the June 10th TA says "those paying by travellers' checks or cash will be required to leave a cash deposit of $300 with the Purser's staff at the beginning of the voyage." That's the right thing to do though we have just walked up to the Purser's desk on the last evening and asked to pay the bill in cash and they have torn up our credit card info.

Aloha,

Patti

Matthew,

Does that mean you'll be buying the champagne for your poor American cousins in September?

Julia

well if you read the thread on princess board (brits help me understand - or similar) apparently we cant - we pay so much for our cruises in the first place - then theres the tips you know..:eek: :D :D

karen

Ahem, I think you meant that it's not favourable to those of you that insist on removing the required "u" in favourable!:p

;)

If we spelt it "doullar" would you give us a pound for it?

Paul

Archived