Curious - where are the Legend and Spirit the first two weeks of June?

marazul

I was scanning the Mediterranean schedules for this summer and noticed that neither the Spirit nor the Legend have ruises scheduled the first two or three weeks of June. Private charters? Completely booked before the schedule was published in the website? Can't believe they are not cruising at that time!

Just curious. If anyone knows, it would be fun to share that info.

marazul, I am on a Legend charter from June 5 - 10. I think there is another one booked right afterward. I don't know anything about the Spirit. Probably a charter also.

I am really excited to sail with Seabourn even if it is a charter and we may not get the feel of a real cruise. We have only sailed on Regent so far so I am interested to try Seabourn for future possible cruises.

It sure sounds wonderful from reading many postings here!

Ginny

Ginny...If you are scheduled to be a part of a charter...that you are not a part of...simply call the Seabourn number in Miami...and ask...what company is the charter...how many aboard....and rationalize from there. If it is overwhelming..i would advise...change your booking. We have been on trips with groups who TAKE OVER...that is not nice.! On the otherhand...we have experienced a few aboard who are together and it as been fine. It is your right to find out what the deal is..!

Ginny...If you are scheduled to be a part of a charter...that you are not a part of...simply call the Seabourn number in Miami...and ask...what company is the charter...how many aboard....and rationalize from there. If it is overwhelming..i would advise...change your booking. We have been on trips with groups who TAKE OVER...that is not nice.! On the otherhand...we have experienced a few aboard who are together and it as been fine. It is your right to find out what the deal is..!

I got the impression that Ginny is, indeed, part of the charter group.... Wonder how the crew reacts? Guess I'll never know!! :eek:

:)

Paul

any day on SB is better than a day at work!

I got the impression that Ginny is, indeed, part of the charter group.... Wonder how the crew reacts? Guess I'll never know!! :eek:

:)

Paul

any day on SB is better than a day at work!

Guess I wont either.....~some people~ from our Spirit cruise chartered one of the ships......I think for sometime this year.....I know one couple that were invited to join......wasn't moi!! :confused: (I was on my best behaviour too.....doesn't happen often!!)

Yes, I am part of the charter and the entire ship is chartered.

I sure would not want to be on a smaller ship and find out that most of the other passengers were part of some large group. That would not be fun. On past cruises on Regent, there have always been groups but they usually have not been that noticeable.

The only thing that irked us a little was that some of the lounges would be devoted to certain groups on the first night so they could have closed cocktail parties. We didn't realize this so on the first night of our last cruise, my husband and I sauntered down to one of the lounges for a predinner cocktail. We ordered a drink and the waiter offered us some really nice appetizers. Plus the drinks were free!! (This was 2 years ago before all drinks were covered.) We just thought it was so nice of the ship to have free drinks!! Then we started noticing how everyone else seemed to know each other .... hmmmm. Ooops. We just enjoyed our drinks and left quietly. Kind of funny. No one noticed or cared.

Ginny

I was on a Regent cruise a couple of years ago that had a large group of U.S. dealers from a Japanese auto company. After a couple of days they opened up their receptions to all of the passengers--great snacks, drinks and info about the autos. It was very nice of them and actually added to the cruise. Plus, the dealers were fun and interesting to be around.

Marja, I agree!! I have been packing in my mind for awhile now!

xplrcrzn, wow, that sounds like fun!. It made business sense for them to invite people to their parties. Great idea on their part.

I will let you all know how my first Seabourn cruise goes. I also wonder how the workers feel about charter groups. I guess it depends on the people.

Ginny

Marja, I agree!! I have been packing in my mind for awhile now!

xplrcrzn, wow, that sounds like fun!. It made business sense for them to invite people to their parties. Great idea on their part.

I will let you all know how my first Seabourn cruise goes. I also wonder how the workers feel about charter groups. I guess it depends on the people.

Ginny

I have had some conversation with staff about charters--they prefer regular customers, but some charters are ok--others can be demanding "PITA'S'. (figure that out if you can). The crew members all seemed to agree--they would like to have regulars all the time. Some of the charter people would never be on Seabourn if it weren't free, and they seem to try to get everything they can possibly get-- if its free. Lots and lots of drink glasses almost full! Mostly very demanding! Don

Some of the charter people would never be on Seabourn if it weren't free, and they seem to try to get everything they can possibly get-- if its free. Lots and lots of drink glasses almost full! Mostly very demanding! Don

Part not all my Silverseas problems was due to people on "free tickets" I talked to a lot of people that the Insurance company or Drug company they worked for gave them their tickets as a bonus.

Now from my posts on here, most know I am not a BAR person. :p But one night I had to stop by The Bar on the Whisper around 7 pm for a pack of smokes. There was a table of 6 guys doing shots with beer chasers. Standing next to them was a waiter with a bottle of something, refilling their shot glasses. All I could think of was How to get Wasted in 30 minutes...... :rolleyes:

I think Pinkie was on a golf charter and that was pretty good. Plus there are charters where people with like interest (Gay Cruise) charter a boat but everybody pays their own fare.

I was scanning the Mediterranean schedules for this summer and noticed that neither the Spirit nor the Legend have ruises scheduled the first two or three weeks of June. Private charters? Completely booked before the schedule was published in the website? Can't believe they are not cruising at that time!

Just curious. If anyone knows, it would be fun to share that info.

You are right its private charters, there is a lot charter activities fore both Legend and Spirit in beginning of june!

we tried to get a cruise in connection with our stay at the Monte Carlo Race Legend is already chartered by Philip Morris ( arranger of the race )in the period May 20 to 28 --and i bet, the most of the crew will enjoy this beginning since they are not going to move anywhere but just stay there during the race,perhaps some needs ear protecting devices ???:rolleyes:

T&T

Thanks for the replies. SB cruisers are well-informed and fun. Keep it up!

And I agree with the comments on large charter groups not fitting in with "regular" pax. We were recently on a river cruise where there was a very large charter group and they were real PITA's! Unfortunately, it would be hard to follow La Paloma's recommendation because the cruise lines don't publicize whether there are charter groups in a particular sailing or their size.

Most people (or their TA's) would not think to ask that question of the cruise line. Maybe I'll start doing that! I just hope my summer SB sailings have nothing but cool cruisers!

marazul,

Have a great time on your SB cruises this summer! One good thing about the charter I am on is that we have the entire ship for our group so we won't be intruding on other passengers' vacations. :)

I can't wait to set foot on the Legend!

Ginny

Archived