Half Moon Cay

BeachTeach

Sounds like an awesome day, and a good lunch. Has anyone rented the Sunfish sailboats ? I love sailing and never get to do it. I'm big enough (260 lbs.) that it would be a one-person activity for me, but I think that would be a great hour. Also, where is there some good snorkeling that I can find by myself ? I'm going to bring my gear on the cruise.

• 1 month later...
I took a few photos of HMC in December. I'd be happy to share them.

This one is my favorite:

l17.jpg

Beautiful Pic Bruce, since you have always been so helpful I am thrilled to see you have been to half moon cay. Coule of questions for you....

1. Does Carnival provide the non-alcoholic drinks for free like they do on the ship (except sode of course)?

2. Are the alcoholic drink prices the same as on the ship or can you get better deals?

3. When people say it is less crowded the farther up the beath you go are you talking about farther from the tender dock?

Thanks as always for your help...

Sheila

Beautiful Pic Bruce,
Thank you :)

1. Does Carnival provide the non-alcoholic drinks for free like they do on the ship (except sode of course)?
Well, I won't be able to say for sure about Carnival since I was on HAL, but I would expect something similar. HAL did have non-alcoholic drinks at the BBQ free (except soda).

2. Are the alcoholic drink prices the same as on the ship or can you get better deals?
I'd expect them to be priced the same. I didn't drink on the cruise, so I don't know for sure.

3. When people say it is less crowded the farther up the beath you go are you talking about farther from the tender dock?
Yep. People in general seem to not want to walk any distance so most of them stay on the beach as close to were the tender docks as possible. The farther you go down the beach, the fewer the people. Of course, that means a longer walk to the restroom or BBQ.

Hope this helps.

Thank you :)

Well, I won't be able to say for sure about Carnival since I was on HAL, but I would expect something similar. HAL did have non-alcoholic drinks at the BBQ free (except soda).

I'd expect them to be priced the same. I didn't drink on the cruise, so I don't know for sure.

Yep. People in general seem to not want to walk any distance so most of them stay on the beach as close to were the tender docks as possible. The farther you go down the beach, the fewer the people. Of course, that means a longer walk to the restroom or BBQ.

Hope this helps.

Yes it does thanks so much

Dont mind a bit of a walk for less crowds:p

Also, where is there some good snorkeling that I can find by myself ? I'm going to bring my gear on the cruise.

Snorkeling is on the left side of the beach. You have to go out a ways to see fish. We saw the most fish over by the rocks. Here's a pic of the fish......

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1100387333041895530KIJQsa

Archived