advance Galleria tickets in Florence

We are on a B2B in the Med in May (leave this Sat.!) as a result of which we will be at Livorno twice - on a Sun and a Wed. We plan on taking the train ourselves into Florence on Sun and don't want to miss seeing the David at the Galleria dell Academia. I hear that the lines are long for tickets and wonder if I can get tix on line either before we leave or from the boat (oops, ship). Is there a vendor of tix that can be suggested, or is there a more efficient source from which to purchase once we arrive? I just hate the idea of standing in a long line when there is so much to see and so little time.:) Thanks

You can easily and quickly make reservations for either the Accademia or the Uffizi Gallery by calling the following number. Listen for instructions and press the button to get an operator that speaks English. They will reserve your time for you (and number of tickets) and you don't have to pay or give your credit card info until you pick them up.

I highly recommend this method. All of the online sites charge a premium for this service. I believe the phone reservation adds 3 euros per ticket, but this is less than the online sites.

The number is: 011-39-055-294-883

I just booked using that number also. Of course I had to call at 5 AM from the East Coast to get someone! Very efficient and less expensive than using an on-line service. No cc required to guarantee the reservation, which was why I wanted to call direct.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Calling for reservations sounds like like a great alternative to purchasing online but how do you go right in w/o waiting in line?

There are separate lines for those without reservations, group tours, and individual reservations. I recall that there were signs so it was easy to figure out. (It's the one with the short or nonexistent line!) I believe it may have said "Reservations Office".

Archived