Rum Point

babygirl0329

Does anyone know if there is another way to get to Rum Point Beach without having to go through Nativeway's excursion? I have seen pics of this beach and it looks gorgeous but we are doing the Cpt. Marvin's 2 1/2 hour tour and it doesn't go to Rum Point.

Thanks for your help!

Keri

:)

Rum Point is about a 45 minute drive from where the cruise ships tender to shore.

Public Buses do not go as far as Rum Point. Taxis would be quite expensive for such a round trip.

That leaves renting a car and driving yourself.

If you want to do a stingray trip as well, it would be difficult to return to the dock and then have enough time to rent a car and drive to Rum Point. I don't think you would have any time there.

An alternative might be to rent a car and drive to Rum Point first thing. There is a two stop trip from there run by Red Sail Sports. It takes in the Stingray Sandbar and Coral Gardens. It is scheduled for 1 and a half hours, but often runs over to nearly 2 hours. Trip departure times are 9:30, 11:15, and 1:30. Depending upon your schedule, you might be able to make the 11:15 trip.

For a taxi, expect to pay upwards of US $150 for a round trip. The taxi driver can;t expect to find other fares to run while you are relaxing, and to guarantee a return ride to the port, you usually must pay them to wait at Rum Point. Since this pretty well kills the day for them, you are charged accordingly.

The public bus stops several miles short of Rum Point, in Hutland. It is not an option.

Forgot to add the first time that the Rum Point ferry is no longer in service. It has not run since Sept 2004 and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Rent a car and drive. It is the most reliable and economical way to visit Rum Point if your stingray tour does not come over by boat.

We took the waverunner excursion through Island Marketing and went to Rum Point after visiting Stingray City. We didn't stay all that long (maybe 30-45 minutes) but I was glad we got to see the beach. It is the clearest water I have ever, ever seen anywhere.

We did a stingray tour with EBanks and then skipped a sandbar and went to Rum Point. It was a private tour that our group of 8 did along with another group of 9 that we "met" here on cruise critic. It was terrific. Rum Point was very nice. We spent about an hour there, which wasn't quite long enough, but what can you do? This was two weeks ago while cruising on the Star.

Does anyone know if there is another way to get to Rum Point Beach without having to go through Nativeway's excursion? I have seen pics of this beach and it looks gorgeous but we are doing the Cpt. Marvin's 2 1/2 hour tour and it doesn't go to Rum Point.

Thanks for your help!

Keri

Like the previous member stated, you can get to Rum Point with Ebanks Watersports. You can find them at www.ebankswatersports.com. Rum Point does have beautiful water, a nice beach, fun volleyball games, good food and drinks. It is a neat place. Have fun!

Thanks for your help!

Keri

Keri,

Just got home two days ago. Did Cpt Marvin's two years ago. Did Nativeway's this time. Nativeway's was much better in all ways. Had about the same at the stingrays, snokel was wonderful after the stingrays, lots of fish and coral to sea. Rum Point Beach was wonderful. The lunch that was included was great. Fish and Chips, great great, catch of the Day, great great. Drinks are expensive on Rum Point but great for one each. Just a beaufiful beach, and were more attentive than Cpt Marvin's I think. Just our thoughts. Wonderful place for a family!

Keri,

Just got home two days ago. Did Cpt Marvin's two years ago. Did Nativeway's this time. Nativeway's was much better in all ways. Had about the same at the stingrays, snokel was wonderful after the stingrays, lots of fish and coral to sea. Rum Point Beach was wonderful. The lunch that was included was great. Fish and Chips, great great, catch of the Day, great great. Drinks are expensive on Rum Point but great for one each. Just a beaufiful beach, and were more attentive than Cpt Marvin's I think. Just our thoughts. Wonderful place for a family!

Thank you for your response and everyone's! We leave this Sunday, May 6th!

Keri

you can rent a car from Avis-cico---they'll pick u up by the pier and drive u to the airport---to pick up your car---they provide maps and also good directions----driving on the left was easy as u just follow along with the traffic--Rum Point was wonderful

Paul

We also went with Nativeway. We have been on 16 cruises and must say that this was the absolute best tour we ever went on. There were only 10 of us.

Two families of four, and us. The kids on the boat, as well as myself and one of their dad's even got to drive the boat! When the guide asked me if I wanted to drive the boat...I said no...YES!!!!!!! We had a great time. Three tours in one including lunch and a beautiful beach for 65 bucks a person. Can't beat that~

Can anyone that went with nativeway to Rum Point tell me if you travel back to the pier mostly by boat or bus. Thanks so much!

They'll take you by boat all the way back to the marina, passing Stingray City again along the way. Then you'll have a short bus ride back to the pier.

We were there last week on Freedom of the Seas... we made our arrangements thru

http://www.grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/

We used the private van tour and went to Rum Point. We stopped at the Tortoga Rum factiory and also a cliff as well as a other scenic vistasalong the way. We spent 2 1/2 hours at Rum Point great food and a beautiful spot could have stayed longer. Will def. go back. About an hour from Georgetown. There were 6 of us to split the cost. Still had time for shopping Gino was our driver and he was great and very informative...

Archived