What is the coffee card all about???

penkitten86

I keep reading about a coffee card? What exactly is it? Last time I was on the CB I didn't need one. Is it worth the price??? The only bad coffee I remember was in the horizon court. I will be cruising my second time in December on the Grand. I was lucky enough to get a balcony for the price of a oceanview room.

thanks

If you go to the 5th page , you'll find a thread where I posed the same questions and the answers are there.. I think it is Coffee Card ???? depending on when you check it might be on the 6th page by then..pj

Coffee in the Horizon Court, dining rooms and from room service are still "free". They certainly couldn't charge for the vile, nonpotable, syrup based gunk in HC.:(

However, Princess recently started charging for regular (brewed) coffee available at the atrium coffee bars.

You can purchase a coffee card. I paid $24 on GP, a seven day cruise. There are fifteen punch outs for specialty coffees, cappucinos, Lahtis (sp?) and espresso which were not previously "free". There is a bonus. Show the card at the coffee bars and there's no charge, and no punch, for regular brewed drinkable coffee.

Make friends with the bartender at the coffee/martini bar in the atrium and you can really extend the card, especially if you drink multi-shot expressos. By the 2nd-3rd day my DW was only getting one punch at a time...

Make friends with the bartender at the coffee/martini bar in the atrium and you can really extend the card, especially if you drink multi-shot expressos. By the 2nd-3rd day my DW was only getting one punch at a time...

Or the waitstaff at the dinning room. We have about three punches left that we will use on our next cruise.

The coffee card is great in the dining room, too, when you want an after dinner capuccino with your dessert. Use the same waitstaff and you might get your capuccinos for free like I did. Loved the mochas in the atrium bar. Again, if you get to know the bartender, they will stamp only once for a large rather than twice which is what they are supposed to do.

Theresa

That suggestion about making friends with the bartender was a good one, I'll remember that. Plus It is also good to know that the coffee card can be used on another cruise if you didn't use it up. That'll save trying to drink too much coffee on the last day.lol...pj

Archived