All Things Mariner Of The Seas

I cant wait to play volleyball onboard.....I play in a few leagues here and Im thrilled! Is the volleyball and basketball court together? Is there strucured/organized playing times or can we just venture up there when ever? On Labadee are there courts?? Thanks guys!

I cant wait to play volleyball onboard.....I play in a few leagues here and Im thrilled! Is the volleyball and basketball court together? Is there strucured/organized playing times or can we just venture up there when ever? On Labadee are there courts?? Thanks guys!

Yup, the same court...I just checked the compass and there where a few days that listed volleyball...one volleyball tournament and another day volleyball open play upon request. If you really want to play I suggest when you board go to the sports deck and talk to whom ever is incharge and let them know how much you want to play...I would think it would depend on how many others were interested.

They also use the court for dodge-ball and there are times it is reserved for other play...like the younger kids.

Yes, they have volleyball on Labadee...Enjoy

I have a question about sleeping arrangements for our stateroom. We are sailing on Mariner next month, we are in room # 1374. There are 4 of us, 2 adults, 15 yr old son, 10 year old daughter. The cabin has a queen bed and a sofa that folds out to a double size bed. My question is.........will the 2 kids be able to sleep comfortably on the sofa bed? If not, is there space in the cabin for a rollaway?

Thanks for any help or advice

I have a question about sleeping arrangements for our stateroom. We are sailing on Mariner next month, we are in room # 1374. There are 4 of us, 2 adults, 15 yr old son, 10 year old daughter. The cabin has a queen bed and a sofa that folds out to a double size bed. My question is.........will the 2 kids be able to sleep comfortably on the sofa bed? If not, is there space in the cabin for a rollaway?

Thanks for any help or advice

My son, 16 at the time, slept on the sofabed by himself so I really don't have any experience with more than one trying to sleep on it. People have two adults sleep on them so I would guess that two kids should be okay. There really isn't room for a rollaway.

lake powell--My boys, twins at 17 years old slept on the sofa bed. It was ok, they would have rather had a bed. We are cruiseing again in May and have the same arrangments, they know if they want to cruise(we pay for their trip) that it will work out. It wasn't that bad. Just think like a small twin bed, not much room but it worked. kmbb

Thank you all for the response!

KMBB: That was exactly what I needed to hear! I really appreciate that. Im feeling better about this now.

Massfriends: Great advice. I will request the extra foam when we get on board.

reallyitsmema: Thanks for the info. on the room size. Ive been surfing photo albums online, trying to see a pic of a similar cabin to see if a rollaway would fit.

I just saw this information on the theme cruise thread, thought some of you might be intersted. The last time this cruise happened, there were tons of complaints about this group. Just thought you might be interested.

Biker Cruise Mariner Nov 2 2008 HOHS

1500 bikers have already signed up. Remember, bikers does not = bad people! Just a lot of them!

Hello All,

we have never been on the Mariner or a ship of that class. Largest for us has been Serenade, which is a beautiful ship.

My daughter is getting married on the Mariner, and we're looking at the lounge possibilities for the wedding -- not that we get to choose, but we do get to request. I'm trying to figure out from the deck plans how the lounges on the top deck work: Viking Crown, 19th Hole, Cloud Nine, Seven Hearts, Jazz Club (is this Ellington's?). Crow's Nest.

Can someone who's been there tell me what is the difference between all these lounges? Is the Viking Crown the one with circular windows overlooking the pool area? Is there a dance floor in the Viking Crown Lounge?

Thanks so much,

Mary

Hello All,

we have never been on the Mariner or a ship of that class. Largest for us has been Serenade, which is a beautiful ship.

My daughter is getting married on the Mariner, and we're looking at the lounge possibilities for the wedding -- not that we get to choose, but we do get to request. I'm trying to figure out from the deck plans how the lounges on the top deck work: Viking Crown, 19th Hole, Cloud Nine, Seven Hearts, Jazz Club (is this Ellington's?). Crow's Nest.

Can someone who's been there tell me what is the difference between all these lounges? Is the Viking Crown the one with circular windows overlooking the pool area? Is there a dance floor in the Viking Crown Lounge?

Thanks so much,

Mary

Congrats on your daughter's wedding....it should be beautiful.

The Viking Crown is the one with the circular windows over looking the pool deck and yes it does have a dance floor. The other lounge's also have circular windows and are just smaller area's connected to the larger Viking Crown. Given a choice and depending on how many guests I would choose the Viking Crown (large) or the very, very nice Cloud Nine (small), which has a beautiful grand piano in it.

Hello All,

Thanks so much,

Mary

All of the lounges you named are on the 13th deck. The Viking Crown lounge turns into the Jazz Club (Ellington's) after 7:00pm. The 19th Hole is small sports-related lounge adjacent to the Viking Crown. Seven Hearts is the ships card/game room across from the 19th Hole. Cloud Nine looked like a baby/toddler playroom the few times we passed by it. All of these "lounges" are within a few steps of each other, the Viking Crown/Ellington's being the largest and nicest with it's elegant decor, dance floor and live music. The Starlight Chapel is directly above all of this on Deck 14.

I just saw this information on the theme cruise thread, thought some of you might be intersted. The last time this cruise happened, there were tons of complaints about this group. Just thought you might be interested.

Biker Cruise Mariner Nov 2 2008 HOHS

1500 bikers have already signed up. Remember, bikers does not = bad people! Just a lot of them!

I wouldn't be too happy if I found out that a group like this was on my cruise. Really any large group for that matter. I get the sense that some people in large groups somehow feel more privileged than other pax...you know that mob mentality thing.

All the lounge's are used for different things during the day. Cloud Nine is used in the evenings from 5:30 - 8 as an overflow Concierge Lounge....set up is very nice and quiet...I love the twinkling lights in the ceiling and the views are wonderful. The Viking Crown was used during the week of Jan. 20th as a kids activities area for coloring during the early afternoons.

The Wig & Gavel Pub on the Promenade is always packed until 1 AM with a sing along..lots of fun.

I'm glad to see that the night life is alive on the Mariner. Has anyone had a room above the Wig and Gavel to know how much sound tavels through the floor above.

We have both a balcony and promenade above and I'm just wondering if I'll be able to sleep or just to skip it and head down to the Pub.

Canuk

Hi Everybody -- Just found this thread today -- we are sailing on the beautiful Mariner this Sunday, 2/10, for the 7th time. We love this ship !! Just wondering if anyone knows who the Captain, Cruise Director and Concierge will be on 2/10??:D

For the week of Jan. 20th it was, Captain Per Kristoffersen. Sorry i don't know the rotation schedule. Cruise director was Graham Seymour and the Concierge was Luis Fernando Ugalde Nadal (Fernando). The Loyalty Ambassador was Deborah Gorman.

Happy Cruising....:)

Hi guys! I am planning my third cruise for the mariner of the seas at the end of August. This is my first time cruising with RC and I was a little hesitant, but this thread was a life saver! Thanks everyone for posting your experiences on the Mariner- I'm excited

has anyone been on Carnivals Imagination or Fantasy? how would you compare the experience and the ship?

Any and all feedback will help! thanks guys!:D

Hi guys! I am planning my third cruise for the mariner of the seas at the end of August. This is my first time cruising with RC and I was a little hesitant, but this thread was a life saver! Thanks everyone for posting your experiences on the Mariner- I'm excited

has anyone been on Carnivals Imagination or Fantasy? how would you compare the experience and the ship?

Any and all feedback will help! thanks guys!:D

We've been on the Fantasy twice in our early cruise years; the Mariner twice in recent years. No comparison to the Mariner of the Seas . Apples and watermelons. Compared to the Mariner, the Fantasy is a cruise ship with training wheels; the Mariner on steroids.

Archived