All Things Mariner Of The Seas

New question for Mariner cruise in March. I have read on the post something about when snorkeling in Labadee you have to rent a mandatory life vest. Do any of you know anything about this? Do you have to wear one when just swimming? Is it only when you rent the snorkel gear from RCI or if you are using your own also?

Thanks,

Lake Powell

New question for Mariner cruise in March. I have read on the post something about when snorkeling in Labadee you have to rent a mandatory life vest. Do any of you know anything about this? Do you have to wear one when just swimming? Is it only when you rent the snorkel gear from RCI or if you are using your own also?

Thanks,

Lake Powell

You can use your own snorkel gear but you have to wear a snorkel vest when snorkeling. You can use your own or they rent the vests. The vest isn't as buoyant as a life vest. You just blow a few puffs of air in a valve. If you want to dive down, you can deflate it. If you are swimming, you don't need a life vest.

Killing two birds with one stone here…

We snorkeled on Labadee last year with our own equipment, and did not rest vests. We were on the side of the peninsula where the ship anchors (not the other side where the water is a lot rougher), we stayed within the ropes and the water was no deeper than about 6 feet, so we didn’t bother renting vests. It’s possible they’ve cracked down on that, though.

The water is very nice, clear and good visibility, but there’s very little to be seen. No coral, very few fish, the most exciting thing we saw were several spiny urchins. I wouldn’t rent equipment, but it was a nice way to spend an hour in the water for free with our own.

Anyone just off Mariner?

I'm wondering what nights were Formal...either eastern or western, as we're doing as B2B

Thanks!

In Jan. the Eastern route formal nights where on Day 2, Monday and Day 6, Friday.

In Jan. the Western route formal nights where on Day 2, Monday and Day 5, Thursday.

In Jan. the Eastern route formal nights where on Day 2, Monday and Day 6, Friday.

In Jan. the Western route formal nights where on Day 2, Monday and Day 5, Thursday.

Massfriends,

Thanks for the confirmation! We'll be going on Sunday for a B2B and wanted to make Chops/Portofinos ressies one of those nights!

The International Pier is about 3 miles away from downtown. You will want to take a taxi. Shopping is MUCH better downtown. The places at the pier have very small selection and no real deals. Only 2 small bars also.

Has anyone just gotten off of a cruise. I just read that they are getting rid of the midnight buffet:( !!!

Just wondering if it was true!!!

Yup, it's gone...NO midnight buffet.

On the eastern route the week of Jan. 20th, on day 3 Tuesday, they had a "Family Outdoor Nightclub", from 11:15 pm - 1 am, with a Poolside Buffet from 11:30 pm - 12:30 am.

One more thing, what rooms are GOOD to book and which are to be avoided??

We were in a balcony room under the Lido pool deck. During the day, constant noise from chairs being banged down and scraped across the deck above. We now book rooms on decks between cabin decks.

we met a lady on our Mariner cruise who had a room above the Pub on the Promenade and said it was noisy she couldn't get to sleep. she even asked the Pub to make the entertainment stop at 10:00 p.m. - they didn't. Hope this helps. :rolleyes:

we met a lady on our Mariner cruise who had a room above the Pub on the Promenade and said it was noisy she couldn't get to sleep. she even asked the Pub to make the entertainment stop at 10:00 p.m. - they didn't. Hope this helps. :rolleyes:

LOL can you imagine asking a pub, on a cruise ship to be quiet at 10pm?? :eek: that is funny...

My friend and I booked a promenade room on deck 7, there is a cabin above and below us!

The only down side I have with forums like this and the Port Canaveral one is that they eventually need to be split into sub forums of various categories. Otherwise it is too hard to find what you want or the information tends to repeat because someone is unable to read all the posts.

Too bad there is not a way for the op to break it down.

Canuk

Archived