All Things Mariner Of The Seas

Does anyone know if there will be any ships leaving on 7 day cruises after Mariner leaves Port Canaveral? I know Freedom will be there in May but what about the few months after Mariner relocates to the west coast? (It would have made me so happy if Mariner had stayed in Port Canaveral!!!)

Does anyone know if there will be any ships leaving on 7 day cruises after Mariner leaves Port Canaveral? I know Freedom will be there in May but what about the few months after Mariner relocates to the west coast? (It would have made me so happy if Mariner had stayed in Port Canaveral!!!)

Sorry for you, but extremely happy for us West Coasters! :D

Notice I have her reserved next April. :p

Sorry for you, but extremely happy for us West Coasters! :D

Notice I have her reserved next April. :p

and ME for Feb 22 2009 = the inaugural sailing from LA to the Mexican Riviera... I am so excited since we will be with 14 other friends of ours... and another lady friend I met on the Monarch last yr has her group -- so we will be inter=mingling -- I know we will have a great time! -- so will Glenda! heck! we're on a ship, on a cruise, how can we NOT have a grand time!! Corkey carol

I was just able to switch from JS 7694 to JS 1692 yesterday, so call me exited!

Way to go Glenda!! a JS!! they are cool - pretty roomy - on our 7 day, we have an E1, balcony= it'll be ok with the 7 days, more than that, I like a D1 - but we have never been on a JS... Corkey Carol

Way to go Glenda!! a JS!! they are cool - pretty roomy - on our 7 day, we have an E1, balcony= it'll be ok with the 7 days, more than that, I like a D1 - but we have never been on a JS... Corkey Carol

I just realized that I put those numbers reversed kind of. Supposed to be, I changed from JS 7692 to JS 1694, I must have been having a senior dyslexic moment.......lol!

And, yes, being that there will be 3 of us women, we figured it was the only way to go! ;)

Hey Carol...been following this thread for some time now...and did ask one question a few weeks ago. Jim and I have a JS for our Feb 22 cruise but keep wondering if we need a room that big for a 7 day cruise...and been to Mex many times...as you have too. :) So been looking to see what is still available and save the extra money for deposit on another cruise...or even catch Monarch one more time before she leaves us...:(

And sorry east coasters...but us west coasters are thrilled that Mariner is coming our way...:D

I just realized that I put those numbers reversed kind of. Supposed to be, I changed from JS 7692 to JS 1694, I must have been having a senior dyslexic moment.......lol!

And, yes, being that there will be 3 of us women, we figured it was the only way to go! ;)

OMG...yes you definately will need a JS for three women...and the Mariner JS looks really big...we had a JS on NCL Star and was a little dissapointed it was only slightly larger than a reg balcony..but had nicer amenities...polished wood, bigger bath and balcony.

You live in Escalon...that is just north of Modesto right?

Char

OMG...yes you definately will need a JS for three women...and the Mariner JS looks really big...we had a JS on NCL Star and was a little dissapointed it was only slightly larger than a reg balcony..but had nicer amenities...polished wood, bigger bath and balcony.

Char

Yes Char, when we picked our staterooms, I purposely picked an E category and our friends did the same - thinking, we can save a little $$ for our next cruise -

the size is not that bad, and traveling with friends, we will not be in our room that much.

The only advantage you will have for having a JS, is that you will get 2 points for the cruise instead of 1...

Yes, Glenda is from Escalon - hope you will drop in our CA Cruisers thread - it's really grown!! gotta' go to work - and I love this thread as well!!! Carol

Yes Char, when we picked our staterooms, I purposely picked an E category and our friends did the same - thinking, we can save a little $$ for our next cruise -

the size is not that bad, and traveling with friends, we will not be in our room that much.

The only advantage you will have for having a JS, is that you will get 2 points for the cruise instead of 1...

Yes, Glenda is from Escalon - hope you will drop in our CA Cruisers thread - it's really grown!! gotta' go to work - and I love this thread as well!!! Carol

Hey Carol...I agree completely and all these decisions to make...but what fun it is to make them...just thinking about a cruise cheers me up....:p

Char

Hi Char - And, yes, the JS's do look pretty roomy so as the 3rd person rate is so much lower it was a no brainer to choose one. And getting an aft JS was the icing on top of the cake, too!

Yes, we are only about 10-15 min above Modesto. If you go to Yosemite you go right through us on Hwy 120, if you're going through the northern entrance. Just don't blink, we're not very big!

The aft JS are quite large on the Mariner. 3 women will fit perfectly, it's just the question of who will use the bathroom first!

Yeah, the bathroom issue is always a puzzle with even 2 women, more or less 3! :eek:

And, Char, after seeing that you are in Clovis, I guess you would go to Yosemite through the southern entrance, huh?

Anybody have anything thoughts on these rooms (Cat L)? Looks like we are mid ship on deck 10, which is close to everything. There are 6 of us going staying in 3 side-by-side cabins (at little too close for me)and for 2 of them it will be their first cruise. They are worried about the horror stories of the tiny closet like rooms and the motion of the ship. I'm fine with it since we only sleep/shower in the rooms, although I think I been spoiled by balcanies and windows in the past :cool:

With all the good things I've heard about Mariner (crew and cleaniness of the ship) that should more than make up for the small cramped quarters :)

I'm a little spoiled too. Never had an inside cabin before. Smallest I had was an oceanview when I started cruising. Now, we don't get any smaller than a Grand Suite on Royal Caribbean. :eek: I have to admit, even after a week the Grand Suite feels a little small. :o Only three of us stay in it. But, I think anything bigger than a Grand Suite would be a little too big for us. So, I'm happy with what we got. :D I'm going to be on Mariner of the Seas next week. Less than 4 days now!! ;)

This will be my second time on Mariner of the Seas. Also, it's the first time I decided to repeat a cruise ship. I'm sure I will have a lot of fun. :)

Hi I was wondering if you can tell me on the Marnier. What exact days were casual, Semi and formal nights. My girls are packing and need this information as they are borrowing shoes etc. It would be great if you could let me know. I am aware first night is Casual and last night is casual. Thanks, Lyn

We did eastern itinerary last week on Mariner, and our formal nights were Monday (Coco Cay) and Friday (at sea).

Hi Char - And, yes, the JS's do look pretty roomy so as the 3rd person rate is so much lower it was a no brainer to choose one. And getting an aft JS was the icing on top of the cake, too!

Hi Glenda...I think you are goning to love that cabin...and personally I really like the aft balconies...we had an aft facing bal on Pride of Aloha in Hawaii and really liked it...:p

Hi Glenda...I think you are goning to love that cabin...and personally I really like the aft balconies...we had an aft facing bal on Pride of Aloha in Hawaii and really liked it...:p

Yes, Char, we just came back from Alaska and we had an Aft CC on the Millennium. It was very awesome, the balcony was as big as the room. I've got the same one but next door reserved on the Infinity for our Westbound Panama Canal cruise in April 2010. That one's for our 25th Anniversary! :D I'm going to be so spoiled, I don't know if I'll be happy if I can't get one after those........lol! Guess I'll just have to keep on booking early......darn! :eek:

Yes, Char, we just came back from Alaska and we had an Aft CC on the Millennium. It was very awesome, the balcony was as big as the room. I've got the same one but next door reserved on the Infinity for our Westbound Panama Canal cruise in April 2010. That one's for our 25th Anniversary! :D I'm going to be so spoiled, I don't know if I'll be happy if I can't get one after those........lol! Guess I'll just have to keep on booking early......darn! :eek:

Yep Glenda you are gonna be spoild allright...we haven't had an aft bal since our Hawaii cruise...really haven't tried. I love to book very early gives me time to pay of the "card" way before sailing and also great room choices...we wanted to do a summer cruise this year but the move kind of put a damper on that one....:(

GLenda and Char: so many talk about the aft staterooms- I know the balconies are bigger - I know several folks who prefer this location... it isn't rocky or uncomfortable is it? I mean cuz of location? never been in one, just curious.. Carol

GLenda and Char: so many talk about the aft staterooms- I know the balconies are bigger - I know several folks who prefer this location... it isn't rocky or uncomfortable is it? I mean cuz of location? never been in one, just curious.. Carol

Hi Carol...I didn't find them to be rocky...but then I was only in one and that was in Hawaii...so pretty calm. Love, Char

Hi Carol...I didn't find them to be rocky...but then I was only in one and that was in Hawaii...so pretty calm. Love, Char

The stateroom is always the same size as the D1 we like on 12 + days .... and the balcony is huge -- a couple I know always asks for the same stateroom whenever they cruise. Now I bet Narce would like it cuz he loves being in the back of the ship at the Colony Club, which overlooks the back - hmmmm, something to think about next time... I know I could use the exercise of walking from the way way back to the elevators!! Carol

Hi Carol - No, it's not rocky at all. If there is any motion you are rolling head to feet so you don't even notice it. I thought it was very calming actually, especially if you're sitting there watching the wake. No wind, very protected, wonderful view! Also, very addicting!!! :eek:

I know I could use the exercise of walking from the way way back to the elevators!! Carol

That's the only thing I'm worried about on this ship. Celebrity's M-class ships have elevators aft, mid and forward, so even being in the very aft there wasn't that much of a walk. But, the Voyager ships look like they only have the mid and the forward elevators, so my back and hip will not be happy most likely. I'll just have to take an extra pain pill, or maybe just another glass of wine........lol! :eek:

We have AFT for both of our upcoming Mariner cruises and LOVE them! The balcony's are larger and the walk back isn't so bad after the first few times you do it. I hate it when I'm going to Bingo or something though and I forget a coupon and have to run all the way the back there! ;)

But just looking out at the wake is so calming. I've only had one AFT balcony that I wouldn't book again, and that was because of the super structure on the Voyager class. The room itself was quite larger than a regular D1 but IMO I did not care for the superstructure.

Archived