Atlantis All-Access Day Pass!!!!

ausbai

We just returned from a cruise on the Legend on April 9-13, 2007 and went to the Atlantis resort. After reading many contradicting stories on the Atlantis "all-access" pass, I am here to dispel any rumors out there...

When I called the resort directly, the reservationists told me that there is no such thing as an "all-access" day pass, and that I must reserve a room to be able to slide and go to the beach there. Since people have posted here on CC that they were able to get one, I wasn't so sure. Being the curious "deal-getter" that I am, I wanted to at least try to get one. It looked like my only option was to inquire about it on-site.

We took a taxi from the cruise port to Atlantis. When we arrived at the main building where the upscale stores were, we were greeted by a sign that gave all prices for the day. You had the option for three passes. One for the Dig and walking on the grounds; one for the dig, walking the grounds and beaches & one for an "all-access" pass which includes the Dig, walking the gounds, beaches, the water slides and everything there was to offer. Woo Hoo! I thought I had hit the jackpot! After seeing how much fun Mary Kate & Ashley's family had at Atlantis Resort on Holiday In The Sun, my dd convinced me to pay the price and go for it!

We had 5 in our group, but not all of them wanted to slide. The others purchased the Dig passes, but my dd and I purchased an all-access pass for $105 for me and $75 for her. Off to find the Dig. The resort was huge! It was a long walk to get to the Dig. The grounds were beautiful!

It started sprinkling as we started walking to the Dig, but it quit before we went inside. Since we were in the Caribbean, we figured that the sun would pop out at any time. However, when we got out of the Dig, it started pouring buckets on us. They closed the slides, they gave us a full refund ($180) and we left.

Since we were only in Nassau from 2 pm to 8 pm, we decided to go back into town and salvage what little time we had to shop. However, because of the storm, the straw market and many of the stores closed early. There was actually a TORNADO warning there for the day. We didn't know it until we were in the taxi going back to the shopping area. By the words of the taxi driver, "we have never had a tornado here, only hurricanes." It was an unusual day.

We managed to get to the Hard Rock Cafe to eat and purchase some souvenirs. We only had enough time to get my dd's hair braided before we had to get back to the ship.

I am pretty sure that Atlantis will only offer the all-access passes if they are not full. However, when I tried to get a room the week before we left, they said there were no rooms available. So who knows???? Just try to get one when you get there.

I hope this helps!

We just returned from a cruise on the Legend on April 9-13, 2007 and went to the Atlantis resort. After reading many contradicting stories on the Atlantis "all-access" pass, I am here to dispel any rumors out there...

When I called the resort directly, the reservationists told me that there is no such thing as an "all-access" day pass, and that I must reserve a room to be able to slide and go to the beach there. Since people have posted here on CC that they were able to get one, I wasn't so sure. Being the curious "deal-getter" that I am, I wanted to at least try to get one. It looked like my only option was to inquire about it on-site.

We took a taxi from the cruise port to Atlantis. When we arrived at the main building where the upscale stores were, we were greeted by a sign that gave all prices for the day. You had the option for three passes. One for the Dig and walking on the grounds; one for the dig, walking the grounds and beaches & one for an "all-access" pass which includes the Dig, walking the gounds, beaches, the water slides and everything there was to offer. Woo Hoo! I thought I had hit the jackpot! After seeing how much fun Mary Kate & Ashley's family had at Atlantis Resort on Holiday In The Sun, my dd convinced me to pay the price and go for it!

We had 5 in our group, but not all of them wanted to slide. The others purchased the Dig passes, but my dd and I purchased an all-access pass for $105 for me and $75 for her. Off to find the Dig. The resort was huge! It was a long walk to get to the Dig. The grounds were beautiful!

It started sprinkling as we started walking to the Dig, but it quit before we went inside. Since we were in the Caribbean, we figured that the sun would pop out at any time. However, when we got out of the Dig, it started pouring buckets on us. They closed the slides, they gave us a full refund ($180) and we left.

Since we were only in Nassau from 2 pm to 8 pm, we decided to go back into town and salvage what little time we had to shop. However, because of the storm, the straw market and many of the stores closed early. There was actually a TORNADO warning there for the day. We didn't know it until we were in the taxi going back to the shopping area. By the words of the taxi driver, "we have never had a tornado here, only hurricanes." It was an unusual day.

We managed to get to the Hard Rock Cafe to eat and purchase some souvenirs. We only had enough time to get my dd's hair braided before we had to get back to the ship.

I am pretty sure that Atlantis will only offer the all-access passes if they are not full. However, when I tried to get a room the week before we left, they said there were no rooms available. So who knows???? Just try to get one when you get there.

I hope this helps!

With the exception of tornado winds.. you've hit the nail on the head.

It's hit or miss.. and some staff members don't know a thing about passes, day rooms or anything else that's not on thier plate.

Rooms as well as passes are available based on occupancy.. and first come first serve. If you are DYING to get into Atlantis.. pay for a room. If you can risk not getting in.. arrive early and hope they have a day pass.

Well you learn something new every day :D

Too bad that buying all of the day passes for my fam would be more than paying for a room. ;) My first trip to Atlantis we got upgraded to the Coral Towers when we got there and we only paid $199 to begin with. The nice lady at the desk took pity on me cause I carried the toddler in the stroller up all of the stairs...lol. And our 2nd trip to Atlantis is only $280 for all 4 of us. So in my book, $70 pp is more than worth it when the ship is docked overnight. :D

it has been stated many times that the passes come and go depending on the capacity of the hotel/s....

for some families a good deal on the hotel room would be cheaper for 4...

and for those of us who have a short stop in Nassau I don't think any pass /hotel would be worth it IMHO

Archived