Oceanview Windows

momma2boys

You don't have to be RUDE!!! I am a new salt on this board, but very carefully read the guidelines and learned to browse and search before posting, I love to search, I get answers from thousands of people instead of he just the few that maybe on-line long enough to see my posts.

...people should also be looking on the Carnival website and reviewing their FAQ section, most questions can be answered there - from the Horses mouth.

Not being rude was exactly my point! Sometimes people, especially new posters, just want to learn how to post and participate on these boards. I don't think it calls for a lecture.

Not being rude was exactly my point! Sometimes people, especially new posters, just want to learn how to post and participate on these boards. I don't think it calls for a lecture.

Then why have terms and conditions to read at all?? Why is it when people aren't responsible to do things on their own, and they're later corrected on that, we continue to baby people who don't follow the rules because we're afraid of being "rude" to them? Has society gotten so scared of offending people we can't even tell anyone they're wrong anymore?

Then why have terms and conditions to read at all?? Why is it when people aren't responsible to do things on their own, and they're later corrected on that, we continue to baby people who don't follow the rules because we're afraid of being "rude" to them? Has society gotten so scared of offending people we can't even tell anyone they're wrong anymore?

I don't know. Maybe some people just like to take a walk on the wild side and skip the search feature. :cool:

I didn't think your post was rude, you were simply trying to point someone in the right direction - a suggestion to search first. That is actually how I learned there was a search feature, from someone's post. Not everyone is a computer genius and I don't think there is anything wrong with letting a poster know there are other options.....

I personally think all of the many posts telling people to use the search function are just as cumbersome as the posts where people are asking the questions! Especially when the poster feels the need to go "back and forth" with everyone about the issue. Over half of the replies on this particular thread aren't even about the topic of the thread. Mine included! Why not just ignore and move on rather than fighting a battle you'll never win?

I personally think all of the many posts telling people to use the search function are just as cumbersome as the posts where people are asking the questions! Especially when the poster feels the need to go "back and forth" with everyone about the issue. Over half of the replies on this particular thread aren't even about the topic of the thread. Mine included! Why not just ignore and move on rather than fighting a battle you'll never win?

I agree 100% :)

Just so everyone knows: I DID do a search and I DID browse and didn't see anything. I'm sorry I asked the question and I'm sorry I annoyed people with my question. This is why people lurk and don't ask questions, I'm sure this will be last question. :(

Just so everyone knows: I DID do a search and I DID browse and didn't see anything. I'm sorry I asked the question and I'm sorry I annoyed people with my question. This is why people lurk and don't ask questions, I'm sure this will be last question. :(

Don't give up momma2boys!! There are going to be "know-it-alls" who think you should do everything THEIR way on any web board you go to. Heck, they're everywhere in life in general! (I'll admit to being one occasionally!!) Just follow my advice above ... IGNORE AND MOVE ON! It works both ways! :D

Don't give up momma2boys!! There are going to be "know-it-alls" who think you should do everything THEIR way on any web board you go to. Heck, they're everywhere in life in general! (I'll admit to being one occasionally!!) Just follow my advice above ... IGNORE AND MOVE ON! It works both ways! :D

How about doing it the way the owners and administrators of this site would have you do it :rolleyes: that is all that is being advocated.

Good grief, I get so sick of the rules don't apply to me cuz I am special, it makes me want to barf...:(

i don't want that. this site is invaluable, really. so, i apologize for my remark that i posted something similar on a different thread.

How about doing it the way the owners and administrators of this site would have you do it :rolleyes: that is all that is being advocated.

Good grief, I get so sick of the rules don't apply to me cuz I am special, it makes me want to barf...:(

Just like I get sick of the people who go around telling people what to do. It makes the board unpleasant for all of us. If the site owners want people to "follow the rules" then they need to be the ones to tell them, not the know-it-all people who think that because they post daily they have the right to get in people's faces. I normally avoid these type of conversations, but I guess today someone kicked my cat, so I'm wanting to kick other people's cats. :rolleyes:

There is absolutely no reason to be sorry, you should be able to post whatever you want. The problem is that someone simply made a suggestion to try and search first and was trashed for doing so. I have done searches as well and not come up with what I was looking for, so it is not a perfect system. If I thought it was a dumb question I wouldn't have posted an answer to you in the first place, I would have moved on.

I'm sorry you feel that way. It's strange that the person who was most rude is accusing everyone else of being rude....he can't hear himself?

He could have so easily just answered your question, no they dont open without all the editorial.

Im convinced there are not only know it alls, but many who enjoy fighting on all message boards you just have to ignore and not let them bother you.

Please dont be upset.

I was thinking I too sure wished the windows open when I read your post.

While we're on the topic of rules and guidelines of the board, what about this one:

These are moderated message boards about cruising.

This is an important aspect of our Community, the very foundation that continues to contribute to the popularity of Cruise Critic. Please stay on topic within a forum. :p

I'm sorry you feel that way. It's strange that the person who was most rude is accusing everyone else of being rude....he can't hear himself?

He could have so easily just answered your question, no they dont open without all the editorial.

Im convinced there are not only know it alls, but many who enjoy fighting on all message boards you just have to ignore and not let them bother you.

Please dont be upset.

I was thinking I too sure wished the windows open when I read your post.

not the ones below or close to sea level, i hope. LOL!

Just like I get sick of the people who go around telling people what to do. It makes the board unpleasant for all of us. If the site owners want people to "follow the rules" then they need to be the ones to tell them, not the know-it-all people who think that because they post daily they have the right to get in people's faces. I normally avoid these type of conversations, but I guess today someone kicked my cat, so I'm wanting to kick other people's cats. :rolleyes:

Sorry this is a community, the guidelines are clear and each member of the community has a right to call ANYONE on the fact that they are not following the guidelines, not searching and browsing is NOT following the guidelines.

A quick and easy search would have brought up the following:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=529414

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=138777

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=105005

Sorry this is a community, the guidelines are clear and each member of the community has a right to call ANYONE on the fact that they are not following the guidelines, not searching and browsing is NOT following the guidelines.

A quick and easy search would have brought up the following:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=529414

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=138777

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=105005

Then I call you out for going off-topic on this thread. :p

momma2boys, please don't be afraid to post. I agree with the other poster that this is an invaluable source of cruising information. And the people are generally very nice.

For myself, I apologize for any rudeness toward anyone. It was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. Mea culpa!

The the OP..

Don't take what everyone writes to heart. Some people just like to stir the pot; others know everything; others have nothing better to do. This board has tremendous information and if you have a question, and if after a little research you can't find the answer, then please ask it. After some time, you'll learn who has something valuable to contribute and who doesn't. Many of the regular posters have been on these boards for years, so apparently they are bored with many of the same questions...you'd think they just wouldn't respond, but maybe their fingers just can't help themselves.

Congrats on booking your first window cabin! Hope you enjoy your cruise!

OP--I, too would like to encourage you to keep posting, in spite of some of the "answers" you have received on this thread. The search function is sometimes hard to use. And often there are so many results that don't seem to fit what you wanted that they are hard to wade through.

Also, it might depend on what ship and what category you booked. I have a 5A oceanview on the Legend for August and my ppv said that these do open. This is an obstructed oceanview with french doors (no balcony).

Which ship are you sailing on?

But you agreed to those rules when you signed up...didn't you read the terms and conditions before you agreed to them?

:p :rolleyes: :D

If everyone followed the "rules" and searched, these boards would be dead. Most of the content is a repeat of something. For goodness sake, lighten up folks!

uh yeah well there is a way to talk to people. that's y u were attacked. thank u.

momma2boys ~ Wow I can't believe all of this started with your simple question about does the ocean view window open???? Again, thanks for asking it. I found out my answer too. I had wondered, but had not even searched for the answer. I clicked onto Carnivals sight....saw your question....clicked onto it....found out the answer!! So thanks.

Okay, so the OP had her answer in the second post.

As for the rest of this debate, we can all learn here. Having been on these boards for a number of years, I've seen the same questions asked hundreds of times. I answer them if I want and if not, then there are plenty of other members to answer those questions. I only respond if I see misinformation being given out on those threads I have previously skipped.

First, read the terms and conditions. They are there to guide all of us. If you do, then conflicts can be much more easily avoided. You will find a lot of helpful information there including this little gem: Typing in all CAPS is considered shouting and rude on the Internet unless you're trying to make a point. Many of us also consider typing in shorthand rude.

Second, do a search. Keep it simple.

Third, if all else fails, check beyond the first page to see if a question has been asked recently. There is no need for the same question to be asked five times in three pages. All you have to do is spend a little time to look and read.

Finally, post those questions! If you make your topic short and to the point, you'll get more answers. A topic like "Cruise" tells us absolutely nothing about what your question might be and could well be passed over by people with the exact information you're looking for.

The Mods can't be everywhere on a forum this large. They depend on those with experience to help guide the new members in the right direction. We all had to learn one way or another. The sooner someone new gets information on how to work within the guidelines, the sooner they become a more productive member.

And please, avoid pushing that stupid triangle! There are times when it might be necessary, but just because someone has a different opinion than you or me doesn't make it a playtoy for the easily offended.

Archived