Poll: beating the dress code's dead horse

etrainer1

Also Rev I did see the remark about the horse costume with two waiters in it from "Victor Victoria"

:D

If we're ever on a cruise together, I'll get you a drink!!!!! :)

In my opinion, the best scene from "Victor Victoria" is in that restaurant and the exchange between Robert Preston's character ("Toddy") and the waiter. :)

Toddy: "It's a wise man who knows when to throw in the towel."

Waiter: "And it is a moron who gives advice to a horses ass."

That cracks me up EVERY time!

FOFLMHO

I think we need to beat this dead horse until everyone agrees to wear what THEY want and be quiet about what others are wearing. Someone else's clothes should not affect your having a good time!

My thoughts about the dress code is as follows: :rolleyes: At our age we should be mature enough to OBEY the rules for that evenings dress code set out by HAL.

If the evening is formal and you DO NOT WISH that formal evening, HAL has the Lido for YOUR use.:o Alternative dining is another option for we who enjoy dress up.:p I like to think of my cruise time, as a magical moment that has been given to me.:) ENJOY!:D

The first step some must make is to realize that the dress codes are now SUGGESTIONS not rules!

You want magic, go to Disneyland! LOL!

I find this thread topic funny considering etrainer1 mentioned days ago they weren't going to particpate in the board anymore. Seems like she like poll answer #1.

(I do find the responses on dead horses VERY funny.:D )

maureen... that's why i started this poll! i will not comment any further on dress codes. that's why that is a dead horse, for me.

What is the suggestion regarding personal hygiene in the main dining room? I'm not real big on personal hygiene. I'm more of a free spirit. I believe I should be able to smell as I please - which is kinda like a dead horse. :)

I had entered a fabulously witty post here but after posting (of course) I thought it might be taken the wrong way so I am editing it out. Peace and love.

I've never actually beaten a dead horse, so what do I know from?

If this is a poll, where do I vote?????????????? Normally a poll has some choices, I don't see any choices.

Roboat, its your cruise, you paid for it, you can smell anyway you want. HAL doesn't list showers as mandatory, so you can smell anyway you want.

Roboat, its your cruise, you paid for it, you can smell anyway you want. HAL doesn't list showers as mandatory, so you can smell anyway you want.

I'm glad we are of one mind on this. Um, which table is yours in the dining room? Mind if I join you? BTW, I'm not real big on pants, either. :eek:

REV,

That was good movie *LOL*

I used to think of Robert Preston as the Music Man

But after seeing him in Victor Victoria and Blake Edwards S.O.B I never realized what an excellent comedian he was.

If this is a poll, where do I vote?????????????? Normally a poll has some choices, I don't see any choices.

the questions (2) were on the original post. please refer to #1.

Etrainer, I did read your original post, but when you do a poll, normally the originator will give choices, you click on the choice and your vote gets registered. Your post doesn't offer choices, was just confused on this.

Etrainer, when you do a poll, normally the originator will give choices, you click on the choice and your vote gets registered. Your post doesn't offer choices, was just confused on this type of poll.

no clicking at this poll. there are two choices. i like to hear elaborate

responses! :)

I thought the same thing as Doone. This is not a poll in the sense that you cannot see the results, like the other polls on the board. There was no place to vote. Who feels like counting each opinion? Most of the posts don't answer the questions anyway, just the usual comments.

I'd like to see the results as well, without reading every post. Etrainer, with the poll where you see the results, people can still give you elaborate responses as well.

what can i tell you, doone? if you didn't figure it out by now, i am different. i march to the beat of my own drum. i dare to be different, yet i never hurt anyone. most folks can't handle, "different". but those who know me love me! ;)

C'mon, you guys! etrainer is just expressing her creative rights! We're doing an 'ether' poll here, with no voting and no results. If you hold your forehead against your screen, you'll pick up the energy we've generated and you'll know the results.

BTW, what was the topic?

Lane

n.b., when we get a dead horse or donkey or cow around here, we just call a friend with a backhoe and he scoops it ups and digs a big hole somewhere where nobody can see him, and he buries the sucker. Ashes to ashes, etc.

• 2 years later...

Archived