The Seabourn cruise experience- ways it could improve!

Host Dan

On a crossing a few years back, we had a "guest" guest lecturer speak on how to win contests. She even held a workshop. It was a total hit on the cruise! On the same cruise, the OFFICIAL guest lecturer was a total snooze fest!

Host Dan

Dan,

As I mentioned we have so many smart and talented Guests aboard our ships I think it would be a marvelous idea to invite different Guests to give lectures/talks. Especially during the 12 or 13 day Crossing's. An informal, but special event.

I recall the group of "Brit's" that Crossed (in the Fall) for many years on the Legend~~a famous singer was in the group.

R. Benjamin and his lovely wife are in the fine estate jewelry business~~they are usually aboard the Pride. What an interesting topic R. could speak on~~~another couple we enjoyed, from Mexico City owns Corona Beer and the football team in Mexico. I sailed with the Minister of Finance, Kuwait~~~we have so many learned, enlighting and interesting Sailor's that we could enjoy.

I'll mention this to Pam~~and ask her opinion. She's always open for suggestions.

Happy Weekend!:p

MB

Loved my first Seabourn cruise last November..am booked for Lisbon to Lauderdale later..and am planning on other cruises. .

I really wish that they had a better policy regarding the insuite bar set up. I drink champagne...(not necessarily the expensive stuff) but that is my drink of choice. When I had polished off the bottle left in the rooom, I was told that any more bottles I would have to sign for. Yes, I did call room service for champagne by the glass but I really would have preferred to have a bottle in the room. THere was a bottle of inferior wine in the refrig. whi

ch was opened but not consumed. If Seabourn can keep quality hard liquor in the refrig...why not champagne? THey kept the frig stocked with my club soda and tea pot with hot water constantly filled but I really felt awkward calling for glasses of champagne.

In all honesty , on my cruise, Sailor Tom felt sorry for me after all my bitching and brought his bottle to my room as a donation.

Other than improving the quality of the caviar, I was truly a "happy camper" and I absolutely loved the "Arias under the Stars" evening. It doesn't get any better than that.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to be picayune - ok, yes this is! But I would LOVE to see quality mixed nuts available in the lounge. I'm an addict and was so surprised, on both Silversea and Seabourn, to see that neither is generous (or really, at all forthcoming) with the cashews,almonds,pecans,brazils.....better stop, I'm getting hungry!

Not to be picayune - ok, yes this is! But I would LOVE to see quality mixed nuts available in the lounge. I'm an addict and was so surprised, on both Silversea and Seabourn, to see that neither is generous (or really, at all forthcoming) with the cashews,almonds,pecans,brazils.....better stop, I'm getting hungry!

I quite agree with you on the mixed nuts. I have taken to bringing a large zip lock on board with me...and we take a plateful down to the club in the evenings..much to the amusement of the staff. When others join us..they enjoy as well.

Matt,

Were the hot hors d'ouvres out so you could fill a plate yourself, or a pre-portioned plate given to you by the bartender or waiter?

Thanks!

Host Dan

Matt,

Were the hot hors d'ouvres out so you could fill a plate yourself, or a pre-portioned plate given to you by the bartender or waiter?

Thanks!

Host Dan

The waiter came around with trays. Did you mean a self-service? No that was not available - but it would be nice I agree! :)

Archived