LL Bean outlet stores

holomuku

Hi there-

we're stopping in Portland, Maine on a transatlantic cruise - will be in Portland on 10 Sep.

I love LL Bean clothes (I live in the Pacific Northest where we need a lot of jackets etc) and if I could get some deals at their outlet stores- wonderful! ;)

I see that they have an outlet in Portland Maine (the city) itself as well as one in Freeport, Maine (about 20 minutes away). Has anyone had experience with either/both of these outlets? Is it worth the drive to Freeport to go to that one or is the one is the city just about as good?

any input appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Both LL Bean locations are fabulous! And you simply must have lobster, while in Maine! Very fresh! And lots of wonderful places that serve it, too, particularly the ones that look like "dive" restaurants. Don't let the decor fool you! They have the best lobster! ;):p :p :p

I was just in Portland, ME for a family get together and I can't help but reply to this! My uncle works at LL Bean (in the main warehouse) and he recommends the outlet in Portland as they are closest to the main warehouse.

Also, if you are in Portland, stop in at Newicks for some great seafood. It has been a family tradition to eat there since I remember. We've been known to drive from Connecticut, Mass, and New Hampshire all the way to Portland just for Newicks seafood. Try the bacon wrapped scallops!!!

Wherever you shop, enjoy. I can't wait for my next order to LL Bean for some nice winter socks (living in South Dakota, we need warm socks like that during the winter!)

jessizadorable-

thanks so much for the info! Sounds to me like I can "have my shopping and lobster also...."

can you provide more info about this restaurant you recommended? Is it in town? Easy to find?

tell your Uncle I LOVE their products....

thanks

Hello I am am native of Portland, Me. When I go back home I occassionally go to the Outlet Store but they don't always have as great a selectionas the main store does which is in Freeport. Freeport has many outlets as well as Beans. The Jameson Tavern next door to LL Beans is a great place to eat. Portland is a great city. The Old Port area is fun to wander around in. Towards the end of Commercial Street near the Big Nova Scotia Ferry Terminal is a little hole in the wall diner called Becky's. All the local fisherman stop here to eat. Great for breakfast as well as lunch. Excellent Fish sandwich and chowder( or chowda as we Mainiacs speak) Oops I just read the other notes, and need to add my two cents.. I used to work at Cap'n Newick's South Portland, Me. Many Many years ago as a college student. It has good seafood but not the best. The best seafood is at The Lobster Shack in Cape Elizabeth( right on the water) or Meeting Street Rest. in the Old Port Area in Portland, Maine. Of course that is just the opinion of a Maine Commercial Fisherman's daughter. Enjoy your time there. Jeanine

Archived