Conquest in three weeks...need advice!

mrogers

We leave on the Conquest in just three weeks, any suggestions on parking?

Also, we have SPA rooms in deck (10-11?)...should we expect more motion here than normal?

One more question, does the location of your room determine which dinning room you are seated in?

Have not been on Carnival in 8 years since we tried RCCL. Last CCL trip on the Sensation, the high school seniors completely took over the ship, we are hoping they enforce the revised drinking age and according to the boards there have been some postive changes in the last few years.

We parked at EZCruiseparking site, dont think Im supposed to give the site name here, but you should be able to find it. $50 paying in advance on their site or $55 last minute for a week and never heard of a problem, they have folks on the lots 24 hours. you can park at the terminal for $65. Several choices. Hotels in the area mostly all will keep your vehicle.

I did get the idea that your cabin determined where you ate, because all I ate with had forward cabins, but then on the Conquest they asked me if I wanted 5:45 or 6:15 early dining, which might also be the determining factor, not sure on that one.

Revised drinking age? It's always been 21 on Carnival ships. You were just there at the wrong time - never cruise during spring break or summer if you don't want a hoard of kiddies of all ages.:rolleyes:

Not sure about the dining assignments, as I've had E1, and my dining room was the aft dining room. LONG walk, but sure did keep me from gaining any weight on that cruise.:D

Firefly, Were you in the Monet or Renoir?

Beats me, was on Carnival Halloween week and have been on 4 cruise now since Halloween, RCI, 2 Princess cruises plus the Carnival cruise and all the names of dining rooms are jumbled together.

We were all the way in the back dining room....a long way back there. Made no sense to me to put us all the way back when our cabin was all the way forward, why not put us in the dining room in the middle of the ship.

When I put down a deposit on a future Conquest I asked about how to get a time that would put us in the middle dining room and the PVP said it made no difference which time I picked...whatever that means. So, I still dont know the answer to the question the OP asked. So I asked a PVP but didnt get an answer basically, she said she didnt know the answer.

Cotton;

I guess my wife and I just naturally assumed the drinking age was 18 in those days since we had some many high school kids drinking and (even a couple got sick in the pool and they drained it) YUK !.Even some of the parents and sponsers of the group were the same way.

Also, we have SPA rooms in deck (10-11?)...should we expect more motion here than normal?

One more question, does the location of your room determine which dinning room you are seated in?

Have not been on Carnival in 8 years since we tried RCCL. Last CCL trip on the Sensation, the high school seniors completely took over the ship, we are hoping they enforce the revised drinking age and according to the boards there have been some postive changes in the last few years.

We were on the Conquest in April and several people that we met on the Roll Call stayed at Gaidos Seaside Inn. They have decent rooms for under $100 and free parking for cruise ship passengers. It's a well lit lot in the back by the office. I guess this would benefit you best if you are arriving on Saturday and need somewhere to stay too. Here is a thread where you can read reviews of the cruise and Gaidos.

http://boards.cruisecritic/showthread.php?+=533605

We've never stayed in cabins that high on the ship, last time we were on Empress. I've heard some people say that they could feel the movement more and some just don't care they like being that high up. You'll have to let us know what you think.

As far as dinner goes, I too think that it has to do with cabin location first and then time preference. Our cabins were toward the back of the ship and we requested late seating. We were in Monet (back of ship) at 8:00 a.m.

We went during a lot of other peoples Spring Break and I was really happy that there wasn't a lot of out of control underage drinking and what not. I think the longer the cruise the less you have to worry about that. Carnival has really changed in the last 8 years and I'm sure that you'll agree after you get back. Hope this helps and have a wonderful time. It's a beautiful ship!!

If you are towards the front, they put you in the middle dining rooms and from middle to back in the back dining room. The two times for the middle dining room are like 30 minutes sooner than the back.

If you are assigned to a different dinning room, you will have to go see the matreid' (sp?) after you get on board and have it changed.

Me and the DW took our honeymoon on the Conquest, so hope I can offer some help to you as well.

We stayed at a really nice hotel (can't remember the name, but it has pyramids at it); parking was included in the price of the room, as it was a cruise special and they provided us a shuttle to and from the terminal.

We stayed in a balcony room, 6391, on the starboard side, midship. LOVED this cabin and could hear the water (yes, we used a cord to tie the door open); very relaxing and almost no motion. Remember: The higher you go, the more rocking and motion you have.

Our dinner was in the aft dinning room, at a nice little table for the two of us. We had a late sitting and the time was confirmed by our PVP. A late seating allowed us to get back onboard and not have to rush to get ready for dinner.

Hope this helps.

The Gunney

We used Lighthouse Parking 3 weeks ago, and they were great. Dropped off luggage and wife & Friend at the terminal, took car to the lot, shuttle back to terminal. The whole process took about 15 minutes at 9:30 am. Of course the prior cruise was late disembarking, so this could have made our situation easier. $50 if you prepay on their website. $55 otherwise.

That's one thing I have to say about Galveston, they have the cheapest parking rates I know of of any ports. I heard someone say $14 at New Orleans for Norweigan they paid and $12 at Port Canaveral and on and on. Galveston seems like such a bargain.

We stayed at a hotel that we could park for free. However, there were three cars in our group--15 in our party.

We reserved one spot at EZcruise. We dropped off our luggage and everyone but the drivers early, drove back to our close hotel, left two cars and parked, then the three guys drove the car to EZ cruise and hiked to the terminal.

So for two cars, paid the one fee and was on board by 11:40 and having a Drink of the Day special and lunch by 12:05.

Ez cruise is safe (as are the hotels) and cheap.

We loved our cruises out of Galveston and hope we love NO as much!!!

You will love the Conquest. What a ship!!!:)

If you are towards the front, they put you in the middle dining rooms and from middle to back in the back dining room. The two times for the middle dining room are like 30 minutes sooner than the back.

If you are assigned to a different dinning room, you will have to go see the matreid' (sp?) after you get on board and have it changed.

Not necessarily. Our cabin was towards the aft, but we were in the Renoir (middle dining room), which had the later seating times. We asked the Maitre D' to move us from the 8:30 Renoir seating to the 8:00 Monet, but he said he couldn't. He asked us to try it the first night and come and ask him again if we still wanted to change. We liked the people at our table, so we didn't ask again.

Not sure if your room location has anything to do with your dining time. We acquired a late (8:00 p.m.) dinner seating on the Glory last Feb. and when I went to change it, was told that we got the late seating because we booked so late (2 weeks before the cruise) and nothing was available in the early seating.

We have always parked in the terminal parking lot with no trouble. We like to self-assist when leaving the ship and the shuttle takes us right to the parking lot. We were on our way home at 7 a.m. when we were on the Conquest a year ago. You will love the Conquest. TG23

I called Howard Johnson last week and got a room for 99.00 for 4 of us and they have free parking 1 car per room plus a shuttle. We will get in late Sat night so all we need is a place to sleep and take a shower so it cant be that bad.

We stayed ay the Harbor House for our Ecstasy cruise and would highly recommend it. It is located right next to the cruise terminal. We just walked to the terminal and got a porter who came to the hotel and picked up our luggage and after the cruise a porter took our luggage to our car in the hotel parking lot. If you book your room through Galveston.com your cruise parking is free. We paid $106.00 for our room in April. The rooms are spacious with a microwave oven and refrigerator in them. You also have great view of the harbor and if you are on the west side of the hotel you can see the cruise ships at their docks.:)

I also us EZ cruise, have used them 4 times now and they have always done a good job and they save you about $20 bucks.

Yes, the higher up you are the more motion you will feel. Fortunately the Conquest is the smoothest ship I have been on and didn't even have sea legs when I returned home.

I think the dining room is more determined by the time you choose, more so than where your cabin is located.

I hope you have a fun trip!!

Archived