stock credit question - CCL webiste??

Patdmoose

This may be coincidence. I was wondering if anyone else had seen this happen.

I recently added 100 shares of CCL to my IRA. I then sent in all of the required documentation to the Research Supervisor at Carnival. Right after that (about 1 -1 1/2 weeks later) while viewing the 'My Reservation' section of the Carnival.com website, I noticed a new link. Right under the 'complete your online boarding pass online' link, there is a new link which states 'View Boarding documents online'. When I click this new link, I get an error message that states:

We apologize, due to the current changes of our web site the page you have requested is no longer available.

Since I have never used this perk before, I was wondering if this was confirmation (sort of) that the credit has been issued, or just a coincidence?

Any thoughts?

I do plan on calling CCL about one month prior to sailing to check on the credit. We sail on 8/20/07 on the Ecstasy.

No connection between the two.

They have recently added that link, purportedly in preparation for enabling e-tickets, though they do not yet have the link active. Not sure WHY IN THE WORLD they would post that link knowing FULL WELL that it goes nowhere...:rolleyes:

Tom

If you booked directly with Carnival, call them up and ask them to email you the most recent versionof your cruise receipt. It should have the OBC on it. This is what I did.

If you booked thru a TA... ask them to verify with Carnival that you have the OBC, and ask them to email a customer receipt to you. It should show the OBC.

Good luck.:)

I have always received the credit after sending in the required documentation. I have also read on one of these boards that if fail to receive the credit when you board the ship you can take a copy of all the information to the pursers desk and they will issue the credit. As I stated earlier I never failed to receive the credit so I never had to go to the pursers desk.

Thanks to all for the replies. Like I said, I did not know if the two things were connected, or not. Just curious.

Tom-n-Cheryl

I does seem strange that they would post a new link that goes nowhere, and then put in their explanation that it is for a page that is no longer available. E-tickets would be great!, and it would seem logical that they would follow the airlines lead on that.

This may be coincidence. I was wondering if anyone else had seen this happen.

I recently added 100 shares of CCL to my IRA. I then sent in all of the required documentation to the Research Supervisor at Carnival. Right after that (about 1 -1 1/2 weeks later) while viewing the 'My Reservation' section of the Carnival.com website, I noticed a new link. Right under the 'complete your online boarding pass online' link, there is a new link which states 'View Boarding documents online'. When I click this new link, I get an error message that states:

We apologize, due to the current changes of our web site the page you have requested is no longer available.

Since I have never used this perk before, I was wondering if this was confirmation (sort of) that the credit has been issued, or just a coincidence?

Any thoughts?

I do plan on calling CCL about one month prior to sailing to check on the credit. We sail on 8/20/07 on the Ecstasy.

Pat,

Do you have the fax #/contact name where to send that info in? If you don't, let me know and I will dig it up for you. They are usually good at it, I can speak from prior experience that they usually post your credit within like 48 hour or so.

Just let me know if you need that info.

Captain

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith

Thanks for the offer. I have the address and phone number for the Research Dept.

YesitDonna

I had a 401(k) from a previous employer. I had it rolled into an IRA. My broker has added about 10k in value in the last three years through some very good trades. I asked her (much to her chagrin) to take some of the profits from her last trade and purchase the 100 shares of CCL. She kept telling me that the on-board credits would never equal what she could get for me with that $$. I told her that their were no taxes on the OBC. LOL She is probably right, but I feel good about it, and we usually cruise every year or so anyway.

We have been stockholders for about three years now.

The benifits far outweigh the "profits" for us. We receieve the OBC and still have all the original shares of stock + the (small) dividens. The stock price is not setting the world on fire but we have not lost any funds either......we have only gained via OBC's!

Remember, the OBC is available for any of the ships that Carnival owns...Princess, Costa, Holland American, etc.

We have figured that we cruise at a minimun of twice a year. On a 7-day that is $100.00 OBC

On a 14-day that was a $250.00 OBC

We figured that we have been given OBC in a total amount of about $1,100 in three years........Can't beat that and dividens too

We have two additional cruises booked for later this year with another $200.00 OBC coming...

We have figured that we cruise at a minimun of twice a year. On a 7-day that is $100.00 OBC

On a 14-day that was a $250.00 OBC

We CERTAINLY gain a fair amount of $ thanks to the shareholders credit. It appears that we will just miss out on the $250 credit on our 2009 Hawaii sailing since it is "only" 12 days. Since we are doing the B2B on that vacation w/Alaska, for a total of 19 days onboard, you would think that they might extend the $250, but I am sure we will instead be looking at $100 + $100. Still, not a bad deal!!!

Tom

We have been stockholders for about three years now...

LMHSRN... I just noticed that you are also booked on the 9-day Miracle this coming Christmas!!!

Here is a link to the roll call for that sailing:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=363036

WELCOME ABOARD!

Tom

We returned yesterday from a Princess 20-day Panama Canal cruise, we did receive $250 stock-holder benefit.

One thing everyone needs to be aware of is that the stock-holder benefit is NOT combinable with any other OBC offered by the cruiseline - period!

Can you clarify?....does that mean that if the cost of your cruise goes down and you get an onboard credit, you wouldn't receive the shareholder's credit?

Can you clarify?....does that mean that if the cost of your cruise goes down and you get an onboard credit, you wouldn't receive the shareholder's credit?

that is somewhat correct, they will pro-rate the amount you receive.

On our cruise we returned from yesterday, Princess were offering a last minute flash-promo booking credit of $50 ($100) total OBC.

So you'd think we would have gotten $250 OBC (stockholders benefit for a cruise longer than 14 days) plus $100 booking credit per flash promo

NOT SO, our total OBC was prorated $150 for stockholder plus $100 booking credit.

Dang it! lol :D

that is somewhat correct, they will pro-rate the amount you receive.

On our cruise we returned from yesterday, Princess were offering a last minute flash-promo booking credit of $50 ($100) total OBC.

So you'd think we would have gotten $250 OBC (stockholders benefit for a cruise longer than 14 days) plus $100 booking credit per flash promo

NOT SO, our total OBC was prorated $150 for stockholder plus $100 booking credit.

Dang it! lol :D

That's not good!

That's not good!

Agreed!

It's like using COUPONS when also getting REBATES - more power to ya!

Too bad that they want to discourage multiple source OBC's... it's not like they are going to end up GIVING the cruise away!! :rolleyes:

Tom

We returned yesterday from a Princess 20-day Panama Canal cruise, we did receive $250 stock-holder benefit.

One thing everyone needs to be aware of is that the stock-holder benefit is NOT combinable with any other OBC offered by the cruiseline - period!

Actually, it depends. Princess is well known for not combining offers. Also for charging single passengers double taxes and port charges (by not breaking the rate down into line items).

While I certainly would have preferred $350 OBC vs $250 (who wouldn't ;) ) it is clearly spelled out in BLACK AND WHITE on their website that the stockholders OBC benefit is NOT combinable with any other offer/OBC.

If you guys want to see the details, these are available at:

www.carnivalcorp.com

click on Investor Relations, then click on Shareholder Benefit

it gives full details and the applicable restrictions.

Carnival does combine. You just have to be careful of what is combined.

If they offer cash or up-grade, take the up-grade as you will loose the cash.

If you are using one of those coupons from like a "School Check Book' or Entertainment book - you will not get the OBC. That is bacause those coupons state that they are not combineable!!!

If you book a special "SALE" fare, you still get the OBC.... We booked our 8/26 cruise during the 12 days of Christmas sale last December and are getting the OBC.

PRINCESS does not combine anything!!!!!Period!!!!!

If you are using one of those coupons from like a "School Check Book' or Entertainment book - you will not get the OBC. That is bacause those coupons state that they are not combineable!!!

If you book a special "SALE" fare, you still get the OBC.... We booked our 8/26 cruise during the 12 days of Christmas sale last December and are getting the OBC.

LMHSRN, are we talking about the same thing here???? This thread refers specifically to the complimentary SHAREHOLDERS BENEFIT, not coupons or other forms of OBC. If you are expecting this kind of OBC (shareholders) you may want to read the terms, conditions and limitations applicable to THIS PARTICULAR OBC. Just click on the link I provided.

I know that I was not imagining that you had the 12/24/07 Miracle listed in your signature as a future sailing earlier today - but now it's not there. I suppose you ended up canceling it?? :confused:

Tom

Archived