hiring a driver for the day

tyson

So, how many hours is a normal length of time for Island touring and lunch at a local restaurant? We are thinking 3-4 hours. How much would this cost with tip?

Thank you

First 3 hours is $95 each additional hour is $25

We were about 5 .5 hours including a stop for lunch and we didn't see everything we had planned .

So, how many hours is a normal length of time for Island touring and lunch at a local restaurant? We are thinking 3-4 hours. How much would this cost with tip?

Thank you

We did a 5 hour tour last week with no lunch break. We had bought snacks at the start of the tour and we never got around to eating those either. I guess we had a large breakfast on the ship, so we never got hungry. We did stop at the ruins, at a tequila factory, and drove around the island.

quick question, what are your thoughts on just waiting to get there and hire a driver VS booking it ahead of time?

Private Driver is an organization that specializes in this service. You know the costs up front ..... $95 for 3 hours and $25 each additional hour.

And they get rave reviews .... and I have done it and highly recommend it.

I am not looking at getting off the ship, and finding some guy at random to take me and my family around the island.

Private Driver is an organization that specializes in this service. You know the costs up front ..... $95 for 3 hours and $25 each additional hour.

I am not looking at getting off the ship, and finding some guy at random to take me and my family around the island.

Yeah that was my thought I think I will go in that direction instead, this will be our second time in Cozumel and wish to experience as much as possible.

Thanks for the advice :)

I enthusiastically suggest Crescenzio Lopez as a driver/guide.(creslopez41955@hotmail.com) We have utilized his services twice in Cozumel. The last time my elderly parents were with us and my father was not feeling well. Crescenzio outdid himself tending to my father's needs, and even emailed us photos he took of our family.

Yeah that was my thought I think I will go in that direction instead, this will be our second time in Cozumel and wish to experience as much as possible.

Thanks for the advice :)

I suggest you do your research on the Cozumel Port of Call board. Plan your itinerary to do what is of interest to you.

Cozumel has become one of my favorite ports, it has just about everything imagineable, and the locals were a lot of fun.

I highly recommend that you get to the East side / wild side and have lunch at one of the bar/restaurants.

This is from Playa Bonita where we had lunch, picture taken from our table.

_DSC0255.jpg

So, how do we get in touch with Private Driver?

Thank you

I enthusiastically suggest Crescenzio Lopez as a driver/guide.(creslopez41955@hotmail.com) We have utilized his services twice in Cozumel. The last time my elderly parents were with us and my father was not feeling well. Crescenzio outdid himself tending to my father's needs, and even emailed us photos he took of our family.

Does this person have a website or company? Or is it just email-a-guy?

We had Gerry as our driver. He met us where we were directed to meet after our ship arrived at a different pier. Gerry greeted us and made us feel very comfortable. Our group of 7 ranged from 50 to 80 years. Gerry asked what we wanted to do and we said we wanted an overview of the island. Gerry drove us all over the island and told us all about the island. He tried to teach a few words of Spanish. He was very kind and listened and answered my mom's questions (even when she asked the same one over again). This was our first trip to Cozumel and it was a good trip. Making the reservation was easy. Good communication by email. We got to see the eastern side of the island and the ruins. We had a van.

If you want an overview of the island, this is a great way to do it. Good price, especially when a large group splits the price.

What company did you use?

:confused:

Does this person have a website or company? Or is it just email-a-guy?

We are a group of 8 that want a private driver for the day. I have contacted both Eduardo at Hire a Driver and Crescencio. Eduardo quoted me $195 for 3 hrs and $40 for additional hours. Crescencio is at $200 for 4 hours and $35 for additional. Is this a good rate for our party? I assume they charge more for a larger vehicle?? I also saw the name Eudaldo Santiago..anyone ever heard of him? Thanks for any help!

We were in Cozumel last Thursday and used Hire a Driver for the Day. We booked through Eduardo and our driver was Alberto. I highly recommend Alberto. He was a wonderful driver and quide. Our first stop was a local market to purchase drinks and snacks for the day. Then we stopped at the local monuments downtown, drove through local neighborhoods while Alberto told us about some history and the way of life of the locals. Next he took us to the beautiful, scenic East side where we stopped at some beautiful beaches for pictures. We had lunch at a small local restaurant called Playa Bonita and it was fabulous! Next we wanted to snorkel and he took us to Playa Corona and the last stop was Mr. Sanchos. This was the best day of our cruise. If you are thinking of a tour -- don't hesitate -- book this one and ask for Alberto!

We were in Cozumel last Thursday and used Hire a Driver for the Day. We booked through Eduardo and our driver was Alberto. I highly recommend Alberto. He was a wonderful driver and quide. Our first stop was a local market to purchase drinks and snacks for the day. Then we stopped at the local monuments downtown, drove through local neighborhoods while Alberto told us about some history and the way of life of the locals. Next he took us to the beautiful, scenic East side where we stopped at some beautiful beaches for pictures. We had lunch at a small local restaurant called Playa Bonita and it was fabulous! Next we wanted to snorkel and he took us to Playa Corona and the last stop was Mr. Sanchos. This was the best day of our cruise. If you are thinking of a tour -- don't hesitate -- book this one and ask for Alberto!

We had Alberto also, and did just about the same thing as you.

Great meal and fun at Playa Bonita, and we loved the East Side, nothing like it.

We used Eduardo’s Taxi Service in January of 2013 and had Cantaro as our driver. Our directions for meeting him were very clear and he was waiting for us with a sign. Our group of 4 paid $95 for 3 hours + $25.00 for each additional hour. He customized the tour to what we wanted to do. We stopped at a small market and bought soda and beer. Cantaro had an iced cooler we used.

We visited a chocolate factory, tequila tasting tour. We headed to the east side to drive down the coast, making a stop at Coconuts for margaritas and chips and salsa. We stopped at the lighthouse at the south end of the island to tour the lighthouse. Finally, we stopped at a beach resort on the west side for lunch and another margarita. Then back to port. A very enjoyable, relaxing day. Cantaro is friendly, relaxed, speaks excellent English, and we enjoyed spending the day with him and having him show us the island.

We used Eduardo’s Taxi Service in January of 2013 and had Cantaro as our driver. Our directions for meeting him were very clear and he was waiting for us with a sign. Our group of 4 paid $95 for 3 hours + $25.00 for each additional hour. He customized the tour to what we wanted to do. We stopped at a small market and bought soda and beer. Cantaro had an iced cooler we used.

We visited a chocolate factory, tequila tasting tour. We headed to the east side to drive down the coast, making a stop at Coconuts for margaritas and chips and salsa. We stopped at the lighthouse at the south end of the island to tour the lighthouse. Finally, we stopped at a beach resort on the west side for lunch and another margarita. Then back to port. A very enjoyable, relaxing day. Cantaro is friendly, relaxed, speaks excellent English, and we enjoyed spending the day with him and having him show us the island.

How did you find about this taxi. Driver?

Ok folks a have a different kind of question. For those of you who have hired a driver, where have they taken you? like specific spots.

I want to make sure that I get to see the best spots of the island.

We have no desire in bar, more so thinking about nature places.

How did you find about this taxi. Driver?

I went through Eduardo Esquer at Tours Plaza. Cantaro is one of their drivers. After reading reviews, I requested one of three of Eduardos drivers, (one of which was Cantaro). He was able to honor our request. Eduardo has a website... toursplaza dot com.

I exchanged a few emails. He was very prompt. He had me make the reservation through his website and then I paid a $50 deposit through PayPal. They were very professional.