Last evening onboard - Pajama night?

swwake

We are headed for the Liberty of the Seas in just over a month. I am wondering how the last night onboard typically goes. We were on the Carnival Conquest 2.5 years ago and the night before disembarkation, the lounges and bars looked like a ghost town. Seemed like everyone went to their staterooms after dinner, packed up, and turned in for the evening. Those who did come out to the bars wore their robes or pajamas.

Is this typical these days? Is it all cruise lines and ships? Maybe just Carnival? Or maybe just the crowd on that particular voyage? Does anyone have any insights here? I am just trying to plan my wardrobe and my mood. We were expecting a big blow-out for the last night - spending time with newfound friends, etc.

We usually go back to the room and change into whatever we plan to travel home in. Then we go back out, after placing the bags out for pickup. I just keep my small carry-on for essentials meds and documents. Not too worried about being a little wrinkled, since I'll be sitting in an airport or on a plane all day. Never seen people in their pj's.:eek:

...but I do agree that the ship feels like a bit of a ghost town. Use it to your advantage. Walk the promenade and see everything closing up. Get that last slice at Sorrento's at 3am, then go for a last walk around the ship's deck, out near the helipad, get those last pics of your group or your sweetie in front of your favorite places. It's kind of sad, seeing the luggage slowly disappearing from the halls. I stay up as long as you can, and sleep on the plane the next day. But, to reiterrate, never saw pj's... Enjoy Liberty, tell her I'm on my way.

Archived