I got a DEAL!

I was looking to book a cruise for our fall break from school in October. I looked at the Carnival site as well as MANY other online sites. I found the best deal on one of those sites you see commercials for on TV. (Didn't know if I can name the place.) I called Carnival and talked to the same PVP I made my reservations with for our last cruise. He said that they match the prices that you find with other people. I didn't know that!!!

I got an ocean view room for $329 each! It included a free upgrade to Empress on the other site and the PVP granted that too!!:D This is about $50 cheaper a piece than I got last year. (and we didn't even get a window last year!:eek:)

It never hurts to ask. I just wanted to share my luck and maybe someone else will get a deal, too! :)

I found the best deal on one of those sites you see commercials for on TV. (Didn't know if I can name the place.)

Is it the site with the gnome? Thats the only site I can think of on tv. hmmm

Sounds great.

I had found a good deal with Ectasy on another site that no one else had, but didnt want to do business with that site and let it go, good to know Carnival would have matched it. It said just for about 5 states, including Texas but Carnival did not show a resident special for those dates.

Good to know.

My pvp knew exactly the deal I talked about already. Apparently they keep up with the going rates online.

I mentioned $329 and he said "that's a room with a view". I was impressed. The inside room on Main deck was $359 on Carnival.com, so I figured he'd try to tell me the $329 was for an inside room.

Like I said, it never hurts to ask.:)

Do you have to show proof? I found on a TA website a balcony for 709 for a cruise in Sept. Do I just call Carnival and tell them? How do they know I'm not lying?

I can't answer your question, but as to the balcony price, thought you would like to know that using the new past guest code on Carnival, there are balconies on the Triumph for as little as $619 pp in September. They were VERY tempting- but I went with the inside cabin upgrade instead.

:) We sailed on the celebration in April 06 and really liked it.

Jacksonville is the closest port to us and we had so many things we did not do, so we're doing it again! :p

I like Jax port too. I can't wait to get back on the Celebration again

My pvp knew exactly the deal I talked about already. Apparently they keep up with the going rates online.

I mentioned $329 and he said "that's a room with a view". I was impressed. The inside room on Main deck was $359 on Carnival.com, so I figured he'd try to tell me the $329 was for an inside room.

Like I said, it never hurts to ask.:)

Congratulations on your deal.:)

Everybodies going rates online should be the same as Carnivals. If not they are breaking Carnivals rules. Carnival does not allow anybody to ADVERTISE lower rates than what Carnival offers on their website.

Bill

Archived