Smoking Policy?

its_my_dime

I enjoy wearing perfume, but I agree that some ladies (and gentlemen) enjoy their scent a little too much and overdo it occasionally. I am not sure how a cruise line could police the overuse of perfumes, however. Perhaps before you entered the dining room you would have to pass a sniff test?:D

It is certainly a lot easier to administer a no smoking policy!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Richard!

No, Seabourn doesn't have any designated no smoking suites. While I haven't heard of any issues Seabourn does have procedures to clean up any smoke issues. (It has some smokers that stay on for extended periods and they thoroughly clean those suites after they depart.)

Boatman:

Yes, I think all the lines did away with designating their rooms/suites for smoking or non a few years back. I have been a non-smoker for ten years, and before that never allowed smoking in my cars due to the stale odor that builds up. I have read some posts complaining about this stale smoke odor in ships' cabins/suites. Strangely, I have never encountered a stale smelling room on any ship I've cruised since non-smoking rooms became a thing of the past. And I've cruised quite a few. I wonder of some of the complainers aren't imagining things! It seems that all the lines do a very good job of ridding these areas of stale smoke odor. Makes me think that some guests and some lines may be creating a problem where there is none.

Archived