Temperature on board ship

missmaine

I am sailing the Caribbean Princess on June 16th to the Eastern Caribbean. I know the temperature is warm this time of year, but I am wondering about how cool the nights are on board ship. Do you usually need a sweater in the evenings? Is it too cool to keep your balcony door open during the night? I realize temps can change from year to year, just looking for an estimate.

The simple answer is that the temperature varies from room to room. But, compared to the warm, humid air outside it will almost always feel much cooler. So, a light sweater is a good thing to pack. As to the open balcony door ... it will vary from night to night. Leaving it open will increase the humidity in the room. But, it's often delightful.

The ship is air-conditioned and if you are among the first to enter a room, it'll be chilly; if you arrive later, it'll be warmer since the A/C is cranked up to handle the crowds. I always bring a shawl or wrap with me in the evening; I don't always need it but it's nice to have if I do.

Thanks for all the replies. I am used to sleeping with a fan for white noise, so wondered if the sound of the ocean would give the same relief. I guess it really does depend on the weather but wasn't planning on bringing anyting except maybe a shawl or light sweater. Can't wait and again thanks for the help.

I am sailing the Caribbean Princess on June 16th to the Eastern Caribbean. I know the temperature is warm this time of year, but I am wondering about how cool the nights are on board ship. Do you usually need a sweater in the evenings? Is it too cool to keep your balcony door open during the night? I realize temps can change from year to year, just looking for an estimate.

The following link gets you to cruise ports and provides temps / rainfall / humidity information by the month of the year. Check for each port you plan to visit.

http://www.*****.com/cruise_ports.cfm

Many factors are missing Maam. Are you going to bask in the Sun and get brown/red.. as then the skin is very acute in sensitivity. SO yes having layers at night is sometimes a must especially for Ladies as temeperature flucuations inside do occur more often.

Having a balcony door open while in transit is not actually a good idea. Aboard they will show and tell you the reasons.. EG: A vac (Not a vacation)

The waves I have a DATA Base where your able to see them here:

http://www.oceanweather.com

Also while a ship in motion and underway you have the speed and outside conditions as well to factor in.

There is nothing in the World like a wonderful on the Water cruising time...aboard the ships of this size it is amazing now to partake in.

:cool:

All the best!

The Caribbean in June is HOT. Nights are warm and muggy. The only reason one would want a sweater is because some of the public rooms are air conditioned to death! It won't be too cool to leave your balcony door open at night, it'll be too warm and humid. Only place in summer I've ever been the slightest bit chilly, while on a ship in the Caribbean, is standing at the bow on a windy night.

It has never seemed cold to me OUTSIDE on a ship in the Caribbean, day or night.........but we live in the desert, so the humidity always makes the air feel warmer. INSIDE the ship is a different matter.............we were on the Dawn recently, and it felt like about 12 degrees F the entire time inside. I've never been so cold on a ship. I usually have shawls or pashminas with me, and they have kept me warm on many an occasion. If you don't need it, it wont have taken up much room in your luggage, or you can even buy the acrylic ones on the ship for $10.

Have a great cruise!

Just got back from Panama Canal partail transist. The outside temp was hot and humid, but I found the dining rooms always chilly. I usually had to wear a sweater. The princess theatre was also sometimes cool. Happy cruising.

We just got back from the CB and found the ship to be uncomortably warm at times.We had maintenance to our cabin twice to lower the temp(had to be done by computer) and found many of the public rooms to be warm at times. I had sleeveless type tops and never needed a sweater, my husband was very uncomfortable on formal nights with a jacket and tie. Otherwise, everything else about the cruise was great.

Archived