Credit for not using dining room

Someone recently told me she received a credit

because her family never went to the dining room for

meals.

I find that hard to believe. Anyone ever get a credit

from Carnival for not eating in the dining room?

Yes, you get $10 a day per person back if you don't eat in the dining room. Another $3 per person, per day if you never use the gym, $4 per person per day for each kid under 16 that doesn't use Camp Carnival, and $2.50 pp/pd if you do not use the pool. Best of all, if you bring a suitcase full of food and never eat at ANY of the free dining facilities (including the Lido and the pizza and grills), you will get fully 25% of your fare back in on-board credit.

She may have been referring to having her tips "credited" to her account. Occasionally, if people never eat in the dining room, they see no reason to leave tips for their waiters, and therefore have them removed from their sail and sign bill. I'd guess this is what she was referring to.

There is NO other credit for not eating in the dining room.

Yes, you get $10 a day per person back if you don't eat in the dining room. Another $3 per person, per day if you never use the gym, $4 per person per day for each kid under 16 that doesn't use Camp Carnival, and $2.50 pp/pd if you do not use the pool. Best of all, if you bring a suitcase full of food and never eat at ANY of the free dining facilities (including the Lido and the pizza and grills), you will get fully 25% of your fare back in on-board credit.

So if I also gave up movies, shows, demonstrations, games,.... I could get it down to where I could sail for free.....:D

So if I also gave up movies, shows, demonstrations, games,.... I could get it down to where I could sail for free.....:D

No, you still have to pay for the transportation itself and for the cabin. It's like $17 a person.

Now "THAT'S" funny......

It would be wrong to cancel tips just because you eat in the buffet. The DR waiters and assts also serve in the Lido the midnight buffets, etc. So even if you don't use the DR they are still serving you. Why in the world would people choose not to eat in the DR unless appropriate dress is the reason.

I want credit since I dont have kids and dont use Camp Carnival. I know that takes a lot of extra staff I shouldnt have to pay for :P

Oh yea, cant I get an extra partial credit. We missed the show on Thursday.

It would be wrong to cancel tips just because you eat in the buffet. The DR waiters and assts also serve in the Lido the midnight buffets, etc. So even if you don't use the DR they are still serving you. Why in the world would people choose not to eat in the DR unless appropriate dress is the reason.

I agree, I'd never cancel tips, even if I never ate in the DR. Just stating that this is probably what the OP was referring to, I can't imagine any other type of credit on the sail and sign for not eating in the DR. :confused:

There can be a lot of reasons that someone would not eat in the main dinning room. Most of the time for us is because we always get early seating. Sometimes the ship does not leave port until later in the day so we don't have time to shower & change before our time.

Then on our first cruise we did not like our table mates and never went back. That was before we knew we could just asked to be changed to a different table.

But in all of those occasions we never held back tips. It's not their fault we did not eat there.

LMAO Rob!:D :p :D :p

:eek: :eek: ...:D :D

I agree, on our 9 night cruise we only ate in the DR 4 times. The service wasn't great (still tipped as recommended), we had late seating and weren't out of the DR by 10:30, we were too tired from our port intensive cruise, and just opted to eat at the buffet. Had nothing to do with not wanting to get dressed up. Plus, we cruise alot, the DR has lost some of it's previous thrill.

Lady pax was kind of arguing she wanted to remove tips for her whole family, as they only ATE in the Lido, so they NEVER had a waiter..She was reminded about the persons that cleaned up, removed, filled ,cooked..and she still didnt understand, as she didnt do the Formal thing..just the casual dining..with no regular waitstaff , and what Lido personnel does, is THEIR job !!!..I was in a hairs breadth in cutting in, as she walked, rather stalked away!!! IMHO, if you cant afford the tips, you cant afford to cruise.

I want credit since I dont have kids and dont use Camp Carnival. I know that takes a lot of extra staff I shouldnt have to pay for :P

Oh yea, cant I get an extra partial credit. We missed the show on Thursday.

I should NOT pay school taxes?? Those Camp Carnival Big Kids do a great job of taking care of the lil kids. My gf had done that for RCL, and it ISSSS a job!...Kudos to them

how much do you get for bringing your own TP?

Oh! do not laugh! I kid you not...there have actually been threads on here asking about the quality of the TP on board. Those threads have lead to responses from some who stated that they actually do pack their own TP!!!!:D :D :D

Not kidding...

Oh! do not laugh! I kid you not...there have actually been threads on here asking about the quality of the TP on board. Those threads have lead to responses from some who stated that they actually do pack their own TP!!!!:D :D :D

Not kidding...

I sailed with a person who packed their own TP because they were HIGHLY allergic to all TP except this one brand. It doesn't seem so crazy when you think of it that way! I wouldn't want to walk around with a diaper rash all week on my vacation, either. ;)

Lady pax was kind of arguing she wanted to remove tips for her whole family, as they only ATE in the Lido, so they NEVER had a waiter..She was reminded about the persons that cleaned up, removed, filled ,cooked..and she still didnt understand, as she didnt do the Formal thing..just the casual dining..with no regular waitstaff , and what Lido personnel does, is THEIR job !!!..I was in a hairs breadth in cutting in, as she walked, rather stalked away!!! IMHO, if you cant afford the tips, you cant afford to cruise.

Probably has nothing to do with her not being able to afford the tips.

Some people just refuse to tip, period.

Sad.

Archived