Is it possible to get a price adjustment on a cruise that I paid in full?

Hi Everyone,

I'm scheduled to go on a cruise on June 1 of this year. I purchased it through my TA in February. Well surprise surprise...I get an email that Celebrity is having their Tuesday special for $500 less per person (claiming new bookings only) meaning I'm losing out on $1000 total for two of us going. I've already paid everything for my cruise. Is there anything I can do to get a price adjustment? Both the cruiseline and the travel agency are giving me the run around and I'm tired of it. I'm a select member of Celebrity and think they should at least comp me somehow, because $1000 isn't chump change. Does anyone recommend me do anything, because I'm pretty upset and desperate at the moment. Celebrity is closed for the night and basically was told to contact Customer Service...but I've done that and won't talk to me since I booked through a travel agent. I would cancel, except it would turn out to be the same since I would lose my $900 deposit. :( Someone please help!!!

If you are past the final payment due date, the answer is usually no. Do not get too upset. When you purchase a plane ticket and the price goes down, are you able to collect the difference?

It is luck of the draw. Go on and enjoy your cruise.

Our tablemates last year received a shipboard credit when their cruise price dropped dramatically. They called their TA, and they were given a credit of $100 for the cabin. It wasn't even close to the amount the cruise had dropped, but is was better than nothing...............

Last July on our Bermuda cruise, the price dropped $700 total for us. Called our TA and the money was credited to our credit card. Our cruise was paid in full, when the price dropped. So call your TA.:D

Last July on our Bermuda cruise, the price dropped $700 total for us. Called our TA and the money was credited to our credit card. Our cruise was paid in full, when the price dropped. So call your TA.:D
It depends if final payments have been made or not. Occasionally, but not very often, pricing is put in place that allows people to get price reductions after final payment. Most of the time, though, those prices will be for "new bookings only". You can pay in advance of final payment date and still take advantage of price reductions, but after the "official" date, you won't have a lot of options.

Here's what I posted on the other thread you asked this question on.

I'd call and see.... I worked with a Carnival PVP, not travel agent, which might make all the difference in the world... ... the price went down, he adjusted my price accordingly ... then after I'd made final payment, I noticed the price went down again... he gave me A LOT of on board credit. And, yes... some of the adjustments (I actually called to have it adjusted three times total) were supposed to be on new bookings. So it can be done... depends on the mood of the person you're working with. Since you're working with a TA who might not want to cough up some commission, you might be out of luck.

It's worth a shot, right?

• 2 weeks later...

In August 2006, we paid in full for a December Princess cruise. Late November, our agent called Princess on another matter and learned that our cabin had been upgraded and that we'd also be getting a $980 refund credited to our MasterCard because all rates had been reduced. Anyhow... FWIW...

Actually, if you notice the OP stated it's the RCCL/Celebrity special they have on tuesdays. It used to be their Happy Hour special.

They are for new bookings only, and only available on certain sailings (obviously ones they have some empty cabins on they're trying to fill at the last minute, usually within 2 weeks or so of sailing).

You will probably not get anything for the difference. Both cruise lines are adamant about no cancelling and rebooking or repricing due to these particular specials.

It has nothing to do with what your TA will or won't do. Or what happened on Carnival or Princess in the past unfortunately. This is a policy specific to these 2 lines.

But I guess it doesn't hurt to try and ask for something.

There is a difference between a "price drop" and a "new bookings only" price. If it is, in fact, a new bookings only price, I'm afraid the OP is SOL - as has been stated before, it's their cruiseline and their rules. A plain price drop is different and should be honored even after final payment.

Hi Everyone,

I'm scheduled to go on a cruise on June 1 of this year. I purchased it through my TA in February. Well surprise surprise...I get an email that Celebrity is having their Tuesday special for $500 less per person (claiming new bookings only) meaning I'm losing out on $1000 total for two of us going. I've already paid everything for my cruise. Is there anything I can do to get a price adjustment? Both the cruiseline and the travel agency are giving me the run around and I'm tired of it. I'm a select member of Celebrity and think they should at least comp me somehow, because $1000 isn't chump change. Does anyone recommend me do anything, because I'm pretty upset and desperate at the moment. Celebrity is closed for the night and basically was told to contact Customer Service...but I've done that and won't talk to me since I booked through a travel agent. I would cancel, except it would turn out to be the same since I would lose my $900 deposit. :( Someone please help!!!

I know your frustration. I had the same thing happen with me with a "Happy Hour Special." I'm usually good at talking my way around this stuff, but I was never able to get the difference because it was a "new booking only" deal. RCCL said they couldn't do anything because of my travel agent and my travel agent said they couldn't do anything because of RCCL. The end result was that I didn't get the difference, which put a damper on the whole experience.

Now I wait and book through Happy Hour Specials only.

Also agree with other, if it is a Happy Hour Special -- it can only be applied to a new booking. Remember that you get rooms that are left which may not be in the location you want when you originally booked. Call it a last minute sale.

If if was a published price drop, you could get a refund, even after final payment.

• 1 month later...
If you are past the final payment due date, the answer is usually no. Do not get too upset. When you purchase a plane ticket and the price goes down, are you able to collect the difference?

It is luck of the draw. Go on and enjoy your cruise.

Yes...did just that with Jet Blue, they credit you for your next flight

Yes...did just that with Jet Blue, they credit you for your next flight

Most airlines do not do date unless you pay the higher rate in order for one to make changes (if needed) later before the flight. Consider yourself lucky!

Archived