E-mail from RCCL...or lack there of....

On the RCCL website you can sign up to receive e-mail from RCCL. I assume the sign up is for specials and news on what is new at RCCL. I have signed up numerous times, but I never get any e-mail.

I get e-mail from NCL, Carnival...almsot everyday, and others, but never from RCCL.

Does anyone else have the problem or perhaps a solution?

BILL

On the RCCL website you can sign up to receive e-mail from RCCL. I assume the sign up is for specials and news on what is new at RCCL. I have signed up numerous times, but I never get any e-mail.

I get e-mail from NCL, Carnival...almsot everyday, and others, but never from RCCL.

Does anyone else have the problem or perhaps a solution?

BILL

Perhaps they're trying to encourage you NOT to sail RCI!!!! eusa_whistle.gif

I get there emails all the time....not quite with the hideous frequencey I get from carnival, but I get 'em.

If you're not, it is quite possible that your email provider/ISP has the spam filters set such that an email such as this would go into a spam mailbox or be filtered out entirely. I would check with them first and see how you go about whitelisting an email address to allow its delivery.

This, btw, is why I have all spam filtering turned off. Sure, it's a pain to go through all that email and trash 98% of it, but this way I'm sure I get the email I want. Actually, since I switched to gmail as my primary mail account, a) their filtering seems to be quite smart...I've never had anything filtered out that I wanted and b) their spam mailbox is readily accessible to check if you get antsy about it.

Yes--check your filters! My library notifications were being sent directly to the spam folder. I had to specifically notate that I WAS to recieve anything from that address. You may have to do the same!

Perhaps they're trying to encourage you NOT to sail RCI!!!! eusa_whistle.gif

Could be...

Guess I'll just have to watch where you are going and book the same ship at the same time...I hope we can get connecting cabins...:eek:

To everyone else....thanks for the ideas, I'll check it out!

BILL

I haven't had that problem at all.......seems like I average one email everyother day.

I guess I didnt realize that I was missing emails until this. I dont remember seeing emails from RCI either. I just look on their site. I get so many cruise and travel emails didnt think about it.

I have yahoo, maybe its yahoo? Who is your email? That could be it that whoever you are using is blocking it accidently.

I guess I didnt realize that I was missing emails until this. I dont remember seeing emails from RCI either. I just look on their site. I get so many cruise and travel emails didnt think about it.

I have yahoo, maybe its yahoo? Who is your email? That could be it that whoever you are using is blocking it accidently.

The e-mail address I use for RCCL info is at Road Runner. I signed up today through my G-mail account (Google)...time will tell!

BILL

Archived