What do you get for over 55?

Lefty888

I have seen things on Carnival that if you are ""over 55" or with someone who is over 55 that they may be able to get some sort of discount.

What do they offer? It was never brought up when we booked. No discount was given, but I didn't ask either.:confused:

Lefty -

Usually they offer a discount. It may, or may not, apply to all categories of staterooms and may be capacity controlled.

Call you TA or whomever you used to book and see what they will do. Sometimes it's not a big discount, but anything helps! :D

I have seen things on Carnival that if you are ""over 55" or with someone who is over 55 that they may be able to get some sort of discount.

What do they offer? It was never brought up when we booked. No discount was given, but I didn't ask either.:confused:

Easy answer:

You make 2 new friends: ACHES & PAIN

:D :D :D :p

Seniors do get a discount-usually about the same or sometimes better than the past guest discount. My PVP knows my DH is a senior and past guest so he gives me which one is the better discount. Just ask you PVP or TA for the senior rate. Since we share the cabin I also get the senior rate.

As I like to say sometimes it pays to be happily married to an "old geezer".

As others have said, on some sailings you get a discount; however, you can often get a better deal using the past guest discount (they usually will not combine them.) For example, the senior discount for my upcoming cruise was $50 per person and only available on the lowest inside and outside cabins. The past guest promotion when I booked was an upgrade to the best available cabin in that category which was 'worth" more. IOn addition, the price has since come down to where we are paying the equivalent of the senior discount for a higher level cabin.

The senior discount is NOT offered on all cruises for Carnival. We were fortunate to obtain one when we booked the Carnival Spirit for Jan 06 with my family. Both couples were celebrating wedding anniversaries the week of the cruise. We were given a Cat 11 mini suite for the cost of a balcony cabin. It was GREAT. We have booked twice since and no senior discounts have been offered to us.

Thought this was interesting (a news release quote):

"More than one million guests over age 55 – approximately 30 percent of the line’s total number of passengers – are expected to sail with Carnival in 2007. " http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/seniors_virtual.aspx

Yep you have past guest discount, 55 and over discount and then the best "Military discount". In that order. Then there is the dailey special and other specials but seems to be not as good. Everything you see says discount of some sort. That gives you something to do on the puter when you are getting ready to book a cruise. Also depends what the date of the cruise is. Then some more specials.

Cruise Specials

Age 55+ Rates

Grand Voyages

Group Cruises

Inaugural Cruises

Interline Rates

Military Rates

Past-Guest Rates

Police/FF Rates

Singles Discounts

Yep you have past guest discount, 55 and over discount and then the best "Military discount". In that order. Then there is the dailey special and other specials but seems to be not as good. Everything you see says discount of some sort. That gives you something to do on the puter when you are getting ready to book a cruise. Also depends what the date of the cruise is. Then some more specials.

Cruise Specials

Age 55+ Rates

Grand Voyages

Group Cruises

Inaugural Cruises

Interline Rates

Military Rates

Past-Guest Rates

Police/FF Rates

Singles Discounts

A couple different Carnival reps (& TAs) told me that military rates are the lowest fares...was mentioned that they are near the interline rate they can book. DHs nearing the 'senior' starting point; perhaps it'll make him feel a little better when I tell him about this discount:)

Curious as to the police rates (DS) didn't know they were offered; assume you book directly thru Carnival?

Keep checking. I switched from a past guest discount to a senior discount that became available about a week before the cruise. I lost my free "upgrade" but chose a great location on a lower deck. I got about $200 OBC for a five-day cruise.

Haven't quite reached 55 :) (but soon), but DH and I are both retired military. When we booked Glory for October cruise (switched over from a cruise we were booked on with RCI), the PVP checked both the past guest and military discounts to see which was better. Military beat past guest hands down. We were looking to book a Cat 11 and were told that the military discount is mostly the only one ever offered for the Cat 11/12 staterooms. Considering that it was about a 25% discount over published rate AND that it was cheaper than the balcony stateroom we had booked with RCI, we are thrilled. Only problem is that DH is afraid that I will get spoiled and never want anything but the 11. That could definitely happen. :D

Archived