Grand Voyage Weather March/April West Med

GreatTimes

Just started looking at 2008 cruises. The Pride Grand Voyage RT Lisbon, March 30, 2008 - April 28, 2008 looks very interesting. I've decided that I don't like B2B 7-day cruises. Too much confusion on changeover day. Could use some help here though.

1. My longest cruise was 14 days and they had to pry my hands from the door to get me off the ship. I didn't want to go. However, is 29 days a loooong time?

2. This cruise appears to be two B2B cruises: Grand Med I and II. Any comments on the ports or number of sea days? There are 9 full sea days and 7 half-sea days.

3. BIG QUESTION: Is it too early for the West Med? Are the seas rough and is it too cold? I notice they don't have any Marina Days.

Thanks

Hi,

I have been on the Legend from Apr 7-17 in 2005 (LIS-MCL) and just got back from the April 21 Legend (Barcelona - Monte Carlo) Both cruises had wonderful weather. I was in my bathing suit everyday on both and came back with a great tan. We had one cloudy day and also windy but I was still out on deck. Unfortunatly, the day was in Le Lavandou and so it was too dangerous to have the marina day. Had we had it the water would have been cold (I put my foot in on the beach at Le Lavandou) so maybe it was for the best.

It is great touring weather, you don't get too hot and tired as can happen in the summer and there are no crowds. Having been in St. Tropez in July and last week it was so much nicer last week. Still lively but not mobbed.

Bon voyage

Well IMHO....29 days is certainly NOT a looooong cruise. My very first EVER cruise was only last year, and was 55 days on Seabourn Spirit.....my husband was a wee bit wary when I booked such a long first cruise...however within a few days we had already decided to re book with Seabourn....and wanted MORE than 55 days....so that meant South America for 72 days, which we are doing in 2008......two weeks ago we decided 72 days wasn't long enough, so added the Transatlantic Crossing...that makes an 85 day cruise!! If I win the lottery before then I will add on again!! :D

Well IMHO....29 days is certainly NOT a looooong cruise. My very first EVER cruise was only last year, and was 55 days on Seabourn Spirit.....my husband was a wee bit wary when I booked such a long first cruise...however within a few days we had already decided to re book with Seabourn....and wanted MORE than 55 days....so that meant South America for 72 days, which we are doing in 2008......two weeks ago we decided 72 days wasn't long enough, so added the Transatlantic Crossing...that makes an 85 day cruise!! If I win the lottery before then I will add on again!! :D

Granny - you are my inspiration. If I win the lottery, the house gets sold and I'll live on Seabourn.

Granny - you are my inspiration. If I win the lottery, the house gets sold and I'll live on Seabourn.

That sounds like a great idea, but I would have to keep the house, so I would be able to go home and visit the grandchildren...(Seabourn rarely come to Oz!) I am just wondering what my encore is going to be after 2008.....maybe one of the new ships will do a World Cruise? 120 days sounds nice.....my poor dog is going to hate me!

pug.gif

Archived