Welcome to Alaska!

denali1

Again, thanks for giving me a visual post card of spring in Alaska. Alaskans seem so wonderful. I visited six years ago, and have had Alaskan dreams since. Landing in Anchorage May 25.

I wish many of my fellow Floridians were as welcoming each fall. (myself included)

OK...I will not complain about the traffic, resturant wait, next fall....I will not count the days until the Sunday after Easter......

I'll take my lead from the wonderul Alaskan people....

High 80's today, sunny with forest fires.......Can hardly wait for cool rainy days.....May 25th cannot come soon enough...:D

It is great to hear from so many of you that are looking forward to your trip to our state.

I think a lot of us that live here are excited each spring and summer when we get visitors. ( though we are getting more in the winter now than we used to). It is heartwarming to hear visitors comments and appreciation of our geography, wildlife, people, and cultures.

Living here, it is easy for some to get unappreciative of what we have. Sometimes we take it all for granted or even get somewhat blind to what is right in front of us. But when one hears of others excitement at coming here, or hear the feedback on the trips here, it puts it all into perspective for us residents. Makes us appreciate living here more. And you are also important in helping our economy. We know you have to spend a lot of your hard earned money just to travel to your ships embarkation point. And then the cost of excursions, souvenirs, etc add up quickly. Many small businesses rely on visitors for much of their annual revenue. We appreciate that you support them (And I am not talking about those cruise ship "recommended shops" or the Carribean jewelry stores that set up shop for the summer, before vacating in the fall). You help provide jobs for thousands of people.

We know you have many, many choices of vacation spots. We are very glad we are in your plans!

Dave

It is great to hear from so many of you that are looking forward to your trip to our state.

I think a lot of us that live here are excited each spring and summer when we get visitors. ( though we are getting more in the winter now than we used to). It is heartwarming to hear visitors comments and appreciation of our geography, wildlife, people, and cultures.

Living here, it is easy for some to get unappreciative of what we have. Sometimes we take it all for granted or even get somewhat blind to what is right in front of us. But when one hears of others excitement at coming here, or hear the feedback on the trips here, it puts it all into perspective for us residents. Makes us appreciate living here more. And you are also important in helping our economy. We know you have to spend a lot of your hard earned money just to travel to your ships embarkation point. And then the cost of excursions, souvenirs, etc add up quickly. Many small businesses rely on visitors for much of their annual revenue. We appreciate that you support them (And I am not talking about those cruise ship "recommended shops" or the Carribean jewelry stores that set up shop for the summer, before vacating in the fall). You help provide jobs for thousands of people.

We know you have many, many choices of vacation spots. We are very glad we are in your plans!

Dave

Thanks Dave for your support of Alaska. My wife and I will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversery in your great state. It will be our fifth time there. We are from Texas, and have a great state here, but Alaska is so great, as there is so much to see and do, we dont want to vacation any where else. We are departing Vancouver on May 20th and cant wait! Happy vacation everybody.

Archived