Welcome to Alaska!

denali1

I was in Girdwood, Alaska today on business (about 35 miles south of Anchorage). I saw a number of cruise line buses out on the Seward Highway, empty except for the driver. I suspect they are checking the buses out. The last few weeks, we have seen similar buses around Anchorage, training new drivers I suspect.

The buses I saw today were Royal Celebrity, Holland America, and Princess.

Seeing the buses, after a long winter, reminded me to tell all of you that are visiting us this summer....Welcome! We look forward to you being here. If it is your first trip to the Last Frontier, I hope it meets all you have dreamed it will be. For those of you who are returning, we are glad you will be back with us.

It is an incredible land, with good decent people, for the most part. We are glad you are coming here! :)

Let me add my welcome to that of denali1. The sun has been shining and the swans flying over, along with the geese and cranes. I hope you enjoy your visit here as much as I enjoy living here!

Thanks for the warm welcome! :) My DH and I are looking forward to our visit in July. We will be on a Princess land tour to Denali from 6/11 and will pick up the cruise on 6/14 in Whitter. We have been planning our trip for almost a year and it seems like July will never get here! These boards, and wonderful people like you who post here, have helped tremendously with our planning and helping to keep our excitement level up while we wait. I've seen so many beautiful pictures and talked to many people who have made this trip and not one single person has ever had anything but wonderful things to say about their trip and the people of Alaska. See ya in July!:D

I'll add my thanks for the welcome to your state. We'll be in Anchorage two weeks from today. We have also been planning this land/cruise for one year.

We've been watching the weather there since we're getting so close now. So looking forward to visiting your beautiful state.

Everyone has been so helpful on these boards and you folks who live there have been so gracious. I have also been planning for over a year and in one month we will finally be there!

Thank you for sharing Alaska with the rest of us and look forward to our visit! :D

Two more weeks and we will be there too! The temp today was 88 here in FL, so I am ready for some cold weather! (Cold to me and hot to you!) This will be our 2nd cruise to AK, but this time we will be doing the land tour through Talkeetna, Denali to Fairbanks. I am soooo excited!! I can't wait!!

Thanks for the welcome!

Thank you for the welcome. My husband had a cousin who lived in Anchorage for years, so he has been there twice. I have never been. We agreed we would do a cruise for our 25th anniversary. This will be out 24th anniversary....but I got tired of waiting. :D

We won't be coming until later Aug/Sept - but we're from northern New England, so I doubt we will notice the weather. Planning on taking a cruisetour to Denali up to Fairbanks afterwards.

Keep the lights on for us!!!

Having been to Alaska just one other time I am so anxious to come back again! Thanks for being so welcoming. One might assume some people would not look forward to the hoardes of tourists descending upon them. I'm glad it's just the opposite. We loved Alaska.:D

The WELCOME was quite nice of you.Was here in 04 on a cruise/tour and I must say,WHAT A FANTASTIC STATE YOU LIVE IN ! IT'S BEAUTY AND RAW NATURE ARE MORE THAN I HAD IMAGINED.

We will be back.

CIAO,

Thanks for the welcome also! DH and I are starting our land/cruise Aug. 19th, will be cruising Aug 24-30 on Holland America Volendam. CAN'T WAIT!! We have never cruised before and have been planning this for our 25th Wedding Ann. for over a year. He visited for several weeks in the summer of 1971 having driven from Wisconsin with his parents and two younger sisters. He also visited for two weeks 3-4 years ago as part of his job. Lucky devil!:)

When do you think I should start packing?!:D

Thanks for the warm welcome. Bringing my mom on the Noordam 5/20 for our first trip to Alaska and a big birthday/Mother's Day trip for her. As we will be coming from the Vegas desert which has already reached the upper 90's I'm sure we'll love the cool temps and all the GREEN TREES. We are really looking forward to all the excursions, food and people Alaska has to offer!

See you in just about two weeks!!!:eek: :D

We appreciate the warm welcome. This trip has been a dream of ours for nearly 15 years, and we will see you on June 20th! We will be sailing out of Whittier on the 23rd of June on the Sapphire Princess. I think we have already decided that we will have to make a return trip. We will be celebrating retirement and the "good life" to come!

Thanks for making us even more excited about our dream vacation than we already were!:D

IWelcome! We look forward to you being here. If it is your first trip to the Last Frontier, I hope it meets all you have dreamed it will be. For those of you who are returning, we are glad you will be back with us.

It is an incredible land, with good decent people, for the most part. We are glad you are coming here! :)

Thank you! We'll be there in only 4 months! I love your state, and not the least because of all the lovely, gracious people in it who are willing to share it with the rest of us.

Linda

Thank you for the warm welcome and for all those who have helped plan our cruise to Alaska. We will be there in 45 days!!!!!!!!!!!! (but who's countin') :D We are very excited to be coming to Alasak...it is a life long dream of ours!!!!!!!!

Archived