Days Inn

little_st

The Days Inn is by far the worst place I've stayed at anywhere in Alaska. Bars on the windows, rowdy drunks in the courtyard and a very worn room including a bed like a hammock.

Murray

I agree, the Days Inn has gone way down hill, below my low standards. In a poor area. Have you tried the Ramada on Muldoon?? They run downtown, depot and airport shuttles, and is a nice but commercial area. I've stayed there several times with the shuttles adding to the bargain cost.

Try this website below to find hotel or B & B accomodations. I found it really helped me to compare and find what's available quickly. Look for the Places To Stay at the top of the website and click it. We found a really cool B & B about 20 minutes from Anchorage (at least we hope it is good) that houses all four of our family and is out in the wilderness. It looks like if you stay in Anchorage town, you will be near the airport with airport noise. We will be traveling from Vancouver on Carnival in July. A lot of places were full but, there were so many choices from this website, it was great. Also, I would never stay at any Days Inn. They are awful anywhere in the US. Good luck

Vicky

http://www.anchorage.net/686.cfm

Try this website below to find hotel or B & B accomodations. I found it really helped me to compare and find what's available quickly. Look for the Places To Stay at the top of the website and click it. We found a really cool B & B about 20 minutes from Anchorage (at least we hope it is good) that houses all four of our family and is out in the wilderness. It looks like if you stay in Anchorage town, you will be near the airport with airport noise. We will be traveling from Vancouver on Carnival in July. A lot of places were full but, there were so many choices from this website, it was great. Also, I would never stay at any Days Inn. They are awful anywhere in the US. Good luck

Vicky

http://www.anchorage.net/686.cfm

Actually, there are several main areas to stay in Anchorage. The downtown area is probably the most expensive but it's also right in the heart of the action of most interest to tourists (Anchorage Museum, railroad depot, several fine restaurants, Anchorage Visitor Center information, Public Lands Information office, etc.) and very walkable.

Closer to the airport are the lodgings on Spenard Road and C street; those on C street are pretty new and belong to chains like Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Fairfield by Marriott. In both areas you are better if you have a car.

There are other lodgings as well including some great bed and breakfasts but we also have some pretty trashy places as well. A pretty good source for hotel review is http://www.tripadvisor.com

Sadly, the limited summer market dictates some outrageous rates so shop around. As another poster has suggested, http://www.anchorage.net is an excellent source of information.

Oh no!!! For Ramada, is there near downtown because I do not rent a car. So, does anyone any suggestion??? Thanks.

Yes there is a downtown Ramada, the Muldoon location does seem to have a little better rooms in my opinion. They do run a downtown shuttle. There is also a downtown Howard Johnsons that used to be nice??? Haven't been there in a few years however.

Yes there is a downtown Ramada, the Muldoon location does seem to have a little better rooms in my opinion. They do run a downtown shuttle. There is also a downtown Howard Johnsons that used to be nice??? Haven't been there in a few years however.

The Howard Johnson's and historic Anchorage Hotel are the places that I stay at most often in recent years. Both offer excellent value for your dollar (as does the Comfort Inn Ship Creek in particular). I haven't stayed at the Ramada for a few years (since it was a Westmark), but it was good then (though not Westmark standard, which is why they sold it).

Murray

Archived