Family Ocean view or 2 ocean view with port holes

WE have a family ocean view on the second deck for our family of four. I noticed that there were two ocean view available now that are side by side and the combined cost of those two rooms would be cheaper than we paid for the one room. Any opinions on changing our rooms if RCL would let us. Do you think they would let us? I think the extra bathroom would be worth it.

You don't say which ship or how old your kids are? If your kids are older I would definately do two cabins. If they are younger I might stay in the Family cabin or make sure the two separate cabins are connecting.

I have two teenagers 14 and 16, boy and girl. The ship is Rhapsody of the Seas. They rooms are side by side, not connecting but that would probably be all right.

Hi Bebet!! I would say with 2 teenagers that it would DEFINITELY be a good idea to do the two seperate rooms, for the sake of the extra bathroom. Especially if it costs less. Plus, you & your husband will have more privacy.;)

Absolute no brainer. SWITCH NOW!!! Been in both. The family stateroom without a balcony is only a good idea for families of 5 or 6 that don't want the Royal Family Suite or for families with young children that can't find connecting cabins.

We traveled with our two kids (DS 10 and DD 11) on Majesty, and we were in the same position. We very wisely decided to go with two rooms, and it was one of the best decisions we made. We watched a family of 4 trying to squeeze into one of the OV rooms next to us with the Pullman beds, and we were SO GLAD that wasn't us.

O.K, I switched our rooms about. It was $133. more to do it. It will be worth it though, we got connecting rooms that were not listed on the web site. They reposted our Family oceanview immediately for $600. CHEAPER!

That bites.

I wasn't looking at all the "fees". Oh well, we shoulda booked two rooms in the first place. I was getting anxious that hubby wasn't looking at cruises too much and when I found the Family ocean view I grabbed it. We are going on the Rhapsodyof the Seas on May 27.

Well, I am sure even for the slight increase it will be worth having the two rooms. I hope you have a great trip :)

I wasn't looking at all the "fees". Oh well, we shoulda booked two rooms in the first place. I was getting anxious that hubby wasn't looking at cruises too much and when I found the Family ocean view I grabbed it. We are going on the Rhapsodyof the Seas on May 27.

Archived