Favorite places on the Mediterranea

mpb43

I'm taking my first cruise on the Mediterranea in July. I was hoping those of you who have sailed her might share some favorite places. Suggestions for any quiet spots to read and watch the sea, or other favorite areas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

My favorite place (don't tell anyone okay :p) on the Costa Med... you can walk around the back of the ship on Deck 3 Bacco. There is a nice wide walkway. There are no chairs there to sit but you can sit on the deck and get some sun and literally watch the sea go by without being bothered very much. You are pretty close to the surface of the sea so the sound is very soothing. You also a get a little rumble from the engines which can easily lull you to sleep if the day is nice and the breeze good. We would take a cold drink and our sun glasses and just plop down right on the deck resting our backs against the ship. Ah.... :)

Also... for some alone time.. on deck 3 again the Terrazza D'Inverno (Winter Terrace) is great inside place to go and sit. Nice big round windows and comfy chairs. Good cool place to read when it is a little hot outside.

The upper floor of Club Medusa during the day is a nice place to hide out too. We would wander in there from out on deck.

Our favorite bar was the Roero Bar, the wine bar. Not as many folks there though it gets loud after the shows as the theatre is nearby.

Another nice bar that wasn't very crowded except around dinner time was Dionisio Lounge. Seemed the 2nd deck Talia Lounge and the main bar was always more crowded.

Oh and I think that any adult can go into the sauna/jacuzzi area of the spa even if you have not had a spa treatment done. Might check into that if you are a spa kinda person.

Oh I so miss that ship!! :(

Good thing I'm gonna be on her again next March!! :)

fatcat04,

Thanks for the great suggestions! It is just the information I was looking for. I am really excited about our trip. I'm also thinking about booking the Mediterranea for next spring as well!

MPB43, we are on the same cruise, departing 16th July! We have sailed before on the Atlantica, which is basically the same ship and we are so looking forward to it. :) Just thought I'd say Hi!

MPB43, we are on the same cruise, departing 16th July! We have sailed before on the Atlantica, which is basically the same ship and we are so looking forward to it. :) Just thought I'd say Hi!

Jo42,

Hi! We are also on the July 16th sailing. This is my first cruise, though I have been to Europe several times on land. I am travelling with a group of 11, ranging in age from 70 to 4 years old. I am really excited to try cruising. I'm so glad I found these boards.

Counting the days! :)

We are 3! Travelling with our 16 year old daughter. We took her last year and she loved it, particularly the food and getting dressed up for dinner! Your group will love it - something for everyone on Costa! We are staying in Venice 2 nights prior to our sailing and looking forward to it.

My favorite place (don't tell anyone okay :p) on the Costa Med... you can walk around the back of the ship on Deck 3 Bacco. There is a nice wide walkway. There are no chairs there to sit but you can sit on the deck and get some sun and literally watch the sea go by without being bothered very much. You are pretty close to the surface of the sea so the sound is very soothing. You also a get a little rumble from the engines which can easily lull you to sleep if the day is nice and the breeze good. We would take a cold drink and our sun glasses and just plop down right on the deck resting our backs against the ship. Ah.... :)

Also... for some alone time.. on deck 3 again the Terrazza D'Inverno (Winter Terrace) is great inside place to go and sit. Nice big round windows and comfy chairs. Good cool place to read when it is a little hot outside.

The upper floor of Club Medusa during the day is a nice place to hide out too. We would wander in there from out on deck.

Our favorite bar was the Roero Bar, the wine bar. Not as many folks there though it gets loud after the shows as the theatre is nearby.

Another nice bar that wasn't very crowded except around dinner time was Dionisio Lounge. Seemed the 2nd deck Talia Lounge and the main bar was always more crowded.

Oh and I think that any adult can go into the sauna/jacuzzi area of the spa even if you have not had a spa treatment done. Might check into that if you are a spa kinda person.

Oh I so miss that ship!! :(

Good thing I'm gonna be on her again next March!! :)

Hey Fatcat04

Thanks for the suggestions, Im writing all these places down and will check them out on my cruise in dec

Hello,

A group of us from MI are traveling too on the 16th of July. We are looking forward to a great time. Venice should be crazy the two days before we sail as the Festa del Redentore is going on that weekend!

Ref the Fiesta Redentore - we arrive about 9.00pm on Sat Eve so will prob miss all the festivities, do you know if there is anything on the Sunday??

Krennen,

Enjoy the Festa del Redentore! I'm sorry we will miss it.

Jo42,

You might catch some of the festivities. The following site suggests that the fireworks start at about 11 pm.

http://venicexplorer.net/tradizione/redentore/index.php?hlangs=en

I haven't found much on the Sunday activities. I believe that this is the day they recreate the pilgrimage to the church. This site had some info:

http://www.cheapvenice.com/redentore-venice.htm

Thanks for the websites!! I am really enjoying the planning for this trip. We are staying in Campalto so I hope there is transportation back to our hotel after the fireworks. I surely wouldn't want to miss them!

My favorite place (don't tell anyone okay :p) on the Costa Med... you can walk around the back of the ship on Deck 3 Bacco

FATCAT, how do you get to this, do you have to go through the restaurant?

Archived