Just a simple answer -- PLEASE

anyname

I am not starting a on going debate here I just have one quick question -

On formal night can a man wear slacks and a jacket with a sweater underneath, instead of a shirt and tie?

What about a shirt and no tie?

Thanks for the answers

Autumn

On formal night can a man wear slacks and a jacket with a sweater underneath, instead of a shirt and tie?

No.

No.

Thanks for the answers

You're welcome. I know you asked for simple, but I feel a tiny bit of elaboration might be helpful to other people reading this thread. Formal night on Celebrity is the equivalent of what is known in the US as "Black Tie", which means for gentlemen a dark suit and tie, or an actual tuxedo suit or dinner jacket (with a tie). Note that the tuxedo suit is not required for Black Tie.

On Celebrity Summit in Feb, every man in the dining room was dressed formally, some tuxedos, and some dark suits with dressy ties.

On informal nights, they wore (most of them)what I came to call the uniform, blue blazer and tan slacks with oxford shirt or sweater and no tie. Some wore ties but not many on informal night.

On casual nights there were lots of tropical shirts, nice golf shirts and other casual but nice cloths. Celebrity guests seem to know what is appropriate. Rarely does one see an inappropriately dressed man or woman.

I am not starting a on going debate here I just have one quick question -

Thanks for the answers

Autumn

yes, we were on the Zenith a couple of years ago and one guy at our table wore jacket, slacks and a turtle neck both formal nights. Those who say NO, are the ones who prefer everyone dress in tuxes or dark suits, not the ones who are answering what will be allowed. I am not judging what I want to see, but what is accepted. NMnita

What you have described would fit for the informal nights, but not formal night.

Here is the information from X's website.

Formal Night Attire

Ladies: Evening gown or fancy dress

Gentlemen: Tuxedo, dinner jacket or dark suit

Informal Night Attire

Ladies: Informal dress or pants and blouse

Gentlemen: Jacket and tie with slacks

Casual Night Attire

Ladies: Pantsuit or sporty outfit

Gentlemen: Sport shirt and slacks

Dining in jeans detracts from the overall ambiance and is therefore not allowed in the main dining room after 6:00pm.

Evening dress codes apply to both main restaurant dining as well as specialty restaurant dining

Archived