Monarch or Sovereign

My mom and I are planning to go on a 3 nt. cruise over Thanksgiving weekend to celebrate our birthdays. This will be my 2nd cruise & her 1st cruise. We are looking at the 3 nt. Bahamas on Sovereign or the 3 nt. Baha Mexico on Monarch. I was just in Nassau a month ago on the Jewel, so we are leaning towards going to Mexico because there's more time on board the boat. Has anyone been on either of these ships? Which ship do you recommend?

Thanks!

Either one - you can't go wrong. But, Mexico sounds like a change. Flights are probably better to LA for you too. I know the airport to port ride is better in LA. Enjoy :)

You might also want to check into Majesty, she offers the 3 night also out of Miami, which is a much easier drive from the Miami airport than Port Canaveral is from Orlando. Majesty just came out of drydock, too.

I would probably go with one of the Bahamas sailings, I think you would probably have a better chance of warm weather in the Bahamas than the Baja that time of year.

Yes, I am aware of the weather being warmer in the Bahamas. That would be nice to have a warm weekend get-away from Chicago. We are looking for more time on the boat to relax, which is why the Mexico one seemed more appealing. Also getting to Miami will be more difficult since we are flying Southwest and would have to fly into Ft. Lauderdale. Where is the port in LA (San Pedro)? Any reasons to pick one ship over the other?

The one great thing about Majesty or Sovereign is CocoCay. Not a sea day (although it could be if the seas are rough) but definitely a wonderful, relaxing, do nothing, soak up the sun day.

I've sailed on both Majesty and Sovereign and will sail on Monarch in about 10 days:D . I'll let you know what I think of it compared to the other two then.

Archived