Back from Greece cruise

CPeters40

Hi,

Just wanted to report in here, that we returned safely from the MS Emerald, that replaced the Sea Diamond that sunk a few weeks ago. Louis Cruises is definitely not in the class of Holland America. We took this cruise because it was with a group of 35 people from my 78 year old mother's home in Lincoln, NE. The ports we saw were great, and I don't believe that Holland America goes to those smaller islands, which were incredible. I sort of felt like I was back in Girl Scouts, with our cot of a bed. The food was below average. I knew ahead that this wouldn't be the fantastic Holland America experience that I have been so spoiled with, but we truly enjoyed those smaller islands, especially Rhodes, and Santorini. We had much of the same crew that was on the Sea Diamond, and they also lost all their possessions. They were very friendly, but again, they didn't compare with the Holland America crews. My husband noticed right off, that they didn't call off our names and cabin numbers, during the life boat drill. I heard they replaced our ship, the MS Emerald, now, with the Oceanic, so, hopefully the beds and bedding will be better. Just wanted to let everyone know that it's safe to cruise in the Grecian Islands!

Chris

Oosterdam 1-6-07

Volendam 1-06

Welcome Home......happy you enjoyed the Greek Islands.

Years ago, we had a wonderful cruise on "MY" :) Maasdam from Pireaus to Crete, Rhodes and Mykonos and then on to Italy. It was such a wonderful itinerary and prompted us to return for another sailing out of Athens on Rotterdam. We love Greece and her beautiful islands.

Archived