Just go back form Enchantment- WE LOVED IT!!!!

:) We came back yesterday from our five night Enchantment of Seas cruise and we are officially hooked. I was so worried prior to going because I thought that maybe the ship was to small or there would'nt be enough to do but come to find out I there was to much to do and I could'nt keep up. Hubby and children loved it so much and did'nt want to leave. Now I see that our next cruise will definately have to be a seven nighter!! My oldest son was actually crying because he did;nt want to leave. The service was excellant, the ship beatiuful, and the food terrific. We met some of the lovliest people on our cruise and hope to keep in contcat with them. That was definately our best family vacation yet...and just think we have so many other ships to try out!! Jamaica was nice and Grand Cayman had the most beautiful beaches I had ever seen. The weather was perfect and I really enjoyed my husband. We saw many couples that we think the next time it should be just the two of us!!! Thanks to all who gave me so much useful information in regards to our first cruise. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. Carly was our cruise director and she was great. She was funny and warm and put on a great show. OOOHHH we had a great time. Wish it did'nt end so soon......

:) We came back yesterday from our five night Enchantment of Seas cruise and we are officially hooked. I was so worried prior to going because I thought that maybe the ship was to small or there would'nt be enough to do but come to find out I there was to much to do and I could'nt keep up. Hubby and children loved it so much and did'nt want to leave. Now I see that our next cruise will definately have to be a seven nighter!! My oldest son was actually crying because he did;nt want to leave. The service was excellant, the ship beatiuful, and the food terrific. We met some of the lovliest people on our cruise and hope to keep in contcat with them. That was definately our best family vacation yet...and just think we have so many other ships to try out!! Jamaica was nice and Grand Cayman had the most beautiful beaches I had ever seen. The weather was perfect and I really enjoyed my husband. We saw many couples that we think the next time it should be just the two of us!!! Thanks to all who gave me so much useful information in regards to our first cruise. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. Carly was our cruise director and she was great. She was funny and warm and put on a great show. OOOHHH we had a great time. Wish it did'nt end so soon......

We're doing the same cruise/itinerary in September. Did you do any excursions in Jamaica? We're trying to decide what to do there. How were the shows? Did they have any spa specials while you were there?

Jamaica.....Just walk to Margaritaville. They have a water slide through the bar and a beach with a water trampoline. The food and drinks are good too.

Now I'm really getting excited! Thanks for the post. We go to the same ports. Do tell what you did at both, please. We have an excursion planned for Jamaica but will go off on our own in Georgetown.

:p

Glad to hear you had a wonderful cruise!:) We sailed Enchantment this past Jan and loved everything esp the staff they were so friendly & the band at Boleros. We also thought the ship was a perfect size and so much fun.

Jamaica.....Just walk to Margaritaville. They have a water slide through the bar and a beach with a water trampoline. The food and drinks are good too.

We're actually docking in Ochos Rios, so I think this might be a bit far to venture on our own. :eek:

Now I'm really getting excited! Thanks for the post. We go to the same ports. Do tell what you did at both, please. We have an excursion planned for Jamaica but will go off on our own in Georgetown.

:p

Which excursion did you chose in Jamaica? We're still trying to decide. We're also doing our own thing in Grand Cayman. It will be our 3rd trip there, so we decided to get a rental car and check out the other side of the island.

we did enchantment last sept - 4 nighter- def. not long enough- we loved the ship and crew- hope to sail on her again someday-

was there an awesome guy playing the piano in the schooner bar? dan davies or something close to that? he was really really good-

We also were on the same cruise and had a wonderful time, loved Enchantment.What we were wondering, if anyone heard , how the lady was that they air lifted out?We seen her go passed us, my husband is an Emt , and he said she looked like she had had a stroke , or a heart attack, because of her skin color,we really felt bad , for this woman. Does anyone know?

Enchantment was my first cruise.....she will always hold a special place in my heart.

I will sail her again real soon.

I am leaving on mariner on Sunday....can't wait!

Enchantment will always hold a special spot in my heart too!!! Not a bad word will ever cross my lips about that boat!!!! Our first cruise & belated honeymoon. It was enought to get us hooked...Enchantment May 06' and Jewel in Dec 06'. Then its on to Freedom in Nov 07' and Radiance(ALaska) May 08'. It so peaceful!

The Enchantment was our first vacation as a married couple (14 years in the waiting) and our first cruise! We loved her. I am so happy this was such an awesome experience for you and your family!! I can't wait to sail on Enchantment again.

I am glad to hear you had a great time!! We just came off the Majesty last Friday, and she is my baby! I was torn between sailing her again in May 08, or the Enchantment, but after reading your post, I may just go with the Enchantment, and sail Majesty again later in the future.

We're actually docking in Ochos Rios, so I think this might be a bit far to venture on our own. :eek:

The walk to Margaritaville is very short and easy. We did it after we got back from climbing the falls. Lots of nice shops nearby, no hassling.

Linda

Margaritaville is "almost" at the end of the pier where you dock. If you eat there, they will give you a bracelet and you can use the beach facilities for free. FUN, FUN, FUN:D It's in Island Village Shopping Center.

We were also on the Enchantment this past week, and I'm getting ready to book our next cruise later this morning!

This was our first cruise, and everything was amazing! The thing that impressed us the most was the service. All of the crew was absolutely stunningly helpful and friendly. It made it really hard to accept less than flawless attention for the overnight we had in Hollywood, post cruise at the Marriott. The ship is beautiful, the food is good, and you can't beat the entertainment and the pool. We HIGHLY recommend that everyone go to Chops one night. The food and service in there is out of this world. My DH and I each got the petite sirloin and it pretty much fell apart as we cut into them, they were so tender.

Excursions...Ocho Rios was so user friendly, that we've decided we actually liked it better than Grand Cayman. In Ocho, you dock at the pier, walk a short walk on the pier to an area where you show someone your excursion ticket, they point you to where you need to go and you're off! We did the Cruise to Dunns River Falls on a Reggae party boat and it was really fun. A little bit of a guided boat ride around the port area and then over to the Falls, with the DJ playing music and giving a run down of the area. After the Falls, a truly fun and beautiful ride back to the pier for lunch and shopping. A short walk over to Island Village and you're there. We had lunch at Margaritaville, and then off for shopping. It was really beautiful. I had alot of problems with a flareup of an old injury to my ankle and kept swelling up, so we decided to take a cab to port. Well, using info I learned here on the boards, we got the price before getting into the cab and had a quick ride back and were onboard before we knew it.

Grand Cayamn was beautiful and there were 4 other ships there by the end of the day, so it was pretty crowded. The ships can't dock, so you have to be tendered over, which is a pain, but RCCL handled that flawlessly, like everything else they did. We did a Catamaran and Snorkling excrursion, that I would highly recommend. We boarded a bus to Seven Mile beach where we got on the catamaran, and then just had the most relaxing, but invigorating morning. We boarded the bus back to Georgetown, for lunch and shopping. Lunch at Senor Frogs was fun and really tastey, but with tip cost $54.00 for 2 orders of fajitas and 2 sodas! Eek! We forgot about the US dollar vs the Cayman dollar. Luckily, most of the shops priced their merchandise in US, or told you what the price was Cayman vs US. While we had a nice time, and it is truly gorgeous there, we found it very Americanized and soooo crowded. And then the whole tendering process wasn't a plus, either. It was fun, and we did enjoy ourselves.

We are totally hooked. What a great experience!:)

Archived