currency

amd1234

We are flying to Prague May 30 to begin our River Cruise on the Danube. We will be staying three nights in Prague before we board our cruise on the Danube. Question should we take a small amount of euro currency or wait and use the ATM in Prague and take a small amount of Crowns? I can't imagine traveling all the way to Europe without some sort of monies on my person...:confused: Thanks....

Well, if you are like I am and trust ATM's, you can use an ATM at the airport upon arrival in Prague. I did not carry any local currency until I was in country. Remember to let your bank know when and where you'll be and make certain your ATM card as well as any other credit card are four (4) digit PIN's. Also, by using an ATM in country, you'll get a good exchange rate.

We are flying to Prague May 30 to begin our River Cruise on the Danube. We will be staying three nights in Prague before we board our cruise on the Danube. Question should we take a small amount of euro currency or wait and use the ATM in Prague and take a small amount of Crowns? I can't imagine traveling all the way to Europe without some sort of monies on my person...:confused: Thanks....

There are ATMs near the Old Town Square which you'll surely visit.

WIT

I usually fly through Chicago when I depart and I always change a small sum at the money exchanges at O'Hare.. I know there is one in treminals 1,2 and 5. Those are the ones I have used and they might have them in the other treminals as well. I am sure that information is on line at the various airports web site. I usually get only about $100.00 worth of the currency and than use ATMs' while traveling for additional funds.I realize the rate is not good however I do like the security of arriving with some local funds in my pocket. If your flights are delayed and you have a transfer waiting you might not have enough time to get to an ATM in the arrival airport.:eek:

Archived